College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    That ranks up there with Chris Webber's brain fart.
    Technically, that never happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Technically, that never happened.
      lol true story... I still think that's lame, if Wooden's titles at UCLA are still intact then Michigan's should stand without a doubt.

Comment

• Not a single real upset this round. Boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
          Not a single real upset this round. Boring.
          Exactly. I was hoping for at least one upset.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

• I don't see how an entire game can be boring because you don't like the result. There were a lot of close, competitive, and exciting games. If you only care about upsets you don't really like basketball.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              I don't see how an entire game can be boring because you don't like the result. There were a lot of close, competitive, and exciting games. If you only care about upsets you don't really like basketball.
              True. I didn't even fill out a bracket this year because of that. Just trying to enjoy the games no matter what teams they are.

stephenson86

Comment

I don't see how an entire game can be boring because you don't like the result. There were a lot of close, competitive, and exciting games. If you only care about upsets you don't really like basketball.
                No, it's just the reason March Madness is great is its unpredictability. Not so this year. The big surprise is a team that most picked to win both rounds, Arizona. There's no real underdog to get behind. All the favorites moved on, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                  he's not as tall or long as Odom though.
                  Yea, but he does everything well like Odom.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                    No, it's just the reason March Madness is great is its unpredictability. Not so this year. The big surprise is a team that most picked to win both rounds, Arizona. There's no real underdog to get behind. All the favorites moved on, really.
                    But they didn't move on in a predictable fashion. It wasn't predictable until the game was over, in which case the enjoyment generally ceases anyway. I just fail to see how an unwanted result takes away from the enjoyment of a game, unless it's your favorite team losing or something.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• The past few nights there have been incredibly games to rap the day up. Just for that I deem this years tourny a success.

Comment

But they didn't move on in a predictable fashion. It wasn't predictable until the game was over, in which case the enjoyment generally ceases anyway. I just fail to see how an unwanted result takes away from the enjoyment of a game, unless it's your favorite team losing or something.
                        An underdog winning creates more excitement, not necessarily enjoyment.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                          Terrence Williams is a beast. IMO, the MVP in college basketball. What he does for his team, no one else can. He's the reason why they're so good, everything runs through Williams. The man can do it all, shoot, pass, rebound, defend like you stated. I'm also surprised that he isn't considered a lottery selection. He reminds me of a more intense Lamar Odom.
                          Ty Lawson changes carolina's perspective completely, i don't know if you watched the acc ship but w.o lawson our back up roles are not solidifed, Larry drew is a freshmen and has struggled in pressure situations and Frasor is coming off injuries and isn't much of a threat, Lawson means the world to us
                          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                          Coples is that dude.
                          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                            Ty Lawson changes carolina's perspective completely, i don't know if you watched the acc ship but w.o lawson our back up roles are not solidifed, Larry drew is a freshmen and has struggled in pressure situations and Frasor is coming off injuries and isn't much of a threat, Lawson means the world to us
                            Lawson is very important to Carolina, but if you take him away, they're still in the hunt for the title, but without Williams, I don't know if they're a top 25 team.

Comment

Lawson is very important to Carolina, but if you take him away, they're still in the hunt for the title, but without Williams, I don't know if they're a top 25 team.
                              They are. You don't go from the #1 overall seed to out of the top 25 just because of one player unless his name is Michael Jordan or a player of that caliber.

Comment

i doubt that, PG imo is the most important role on the team its like being the quarterback and williams is a 2, and Lousiville bench is solid..they would defintely be a top 25 team still
                                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                                Coples is that dude.
                                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information