College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
    Thanks. I was so super thrilled that we were in the NIT this year, your insight was really riveting and now I realize how awful it is to be in the NIT. Clown.
    Well considering you were talking about a top 25 ranking earlier this year I think this season is a complete failure for Kentucky. When you have two of the best players in the SEC (which is a **** conference anyway in basketball this year) and you can't make the Tournament, that's a bad season. Those two NIT wins so far look alright but considering the talent on the roster and a weak conference, there is no reason for you to be playing in the NIT.

I know you talk about the future a lot with guys like Miller and Liggins but the talent on that roster is good enough for you to be in the dance, Billy G shat down his leg this year and that team underachieved greatly.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/ind...u_to_know.html

Flynn is coming back. Syracuse is going to be absolutely dirty next season. Should be a pre-season top 5, assuming nobody declares early for the draft. Only scholarship player we are losing is Onganet and we have Wesley Johnson (transfer), Scoop Jardine (medical redshirt), DaShonte Riley and Brandon Triche coming in. Boheim has insinuated that Wes Johnson could be our best player next season. Right now we are one scholarship over the limit, maybe Sean Williams will transfer (hopefully).

Cuse, Kansas, Purdue, Tennessee are all ones to watch for next year, but Memphis is going to be beastley with or without john Wall

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
      Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
      I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
      LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        Well considering you were talking about a top 25 ranking earlier this year I think this season is a complete failure for Kentucky. When you have two of the best players in the SEC (which is a **** conference anyway in basketball this year) and you can't make the Tournament, that's a bad season. Those two NIT wins so far look alright but considering the talent on the roster and a weak conference, there is no reason for you to be playing in the NIT.

I know you talk about the future a lot with guys like Miller and Liggins but the talent on that roster is good enough for you to be in the dance, Billy G shat down his leg this year and that team underachieved greatly.
        I completely agree with everything you said, you're not saying anything I haven't thought myself Yes, we should've made the dance (easily might I add). The team regressed greatly after the middle of the season. We were without a doubt a top 25 team at the end of January but nowhere close at the end of February. None of us are happy to be in the NIT, hell, I'm not happy if we don't make the sweet 16 at least.

We'll have one of, if not the best front court in the nation next year with the addition of Orton/Pilgrim and Patterson one year better. One of the best SG and most importantly a bulk of playing time will go to Juniors and Seniors. We just have got to find a consistent Point Guard. Miller is going to be a stud next year, the scoring finally started to balance out lately. Liggins I'm not counting on for anything, the guy is a turnover waiting to happen. Jon Hood should provide some off the bench scoring and Ramon Harris has come on strong lately. We'll be alright.

Comment

• I'll be honest with you, I don't think Billy G is the answer in Kentucky. He recruits well and the players seem to like him but as far as coaching goes, he's underachieved in his first two years.

Which is funny because many thought that Billy G was Self's "brains" when he was at Illinois in terms of X's and O's. So maybe things just aren't fitting right. If UK doesn't at least make it past the first day next of the NCAA Tournament I think Billy's honeymoon is over. Patterson, Meeks, and Miller are a helluva trio, one of the best in the land next year.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
            Cuse, Kansas, Purdue, Tennessee are all ones to watch for next year, but Memphis is going to be beastley with or without john Wall
            Michigan State loses one starter (Sutton) off this years team, they should be up there as well.

Ohio State will be dangerous as well if Turner comes back. Buford, Lighty, and Turner is a ridiculous trio of players that can light it up.

Big 10 looks like it could be one of the best conferences in the country next year on paper, that's not what ESPN wanted to hear. ;)

Comment

Michigan State loses one starter (Sutton) off this years team, they should be up there as well.

Ohio State will be dangerous as well if Turner comes back. Buford, Lighty, and Turner is a ridiculous trio of players that can light it up.

Big 10 looks like it could be one of the best conferences in the country next year on paper, that's not what ESPN wanted to hear. ;)
              Not to mention Morgan is presumably going to be fully healthy for MSU.

On paper, I don't think the Big XI loses much and is going to be gaining more with incoming freshmen. Hell, I'm even excited because Iowa only loses our starting center, who was out half the year anyway, so a season above .500 isn't out of the question. YAY!

Comment

• None of the marquee players in the conference are leaving. Morgan, Lucas, Roe, Bufford, Turner, Lighty, Davis, Johnson, Hummel, Moore, Koble, Westbrook, Sampson, Damien Johnson, Harris, Simms...All those guys are back. Tisdale and McCamey for Illinois are potential All-Big 10 type players next year as well if they progress like they did from year one to year two (although Demetri kind of regressed a bit, he has to get in better shape).

I'd say the Big 10 goes 9 deep next year and both Iowa and Indiana will be better as well. Our conference is going to be hard as ****.

Comment

• Found this comparison of stats for 'Nova and Duke really interesting. The percentages and per game numbers are so similar it's pretty crazy.

http://vuhoops.com/2009/03/24/compar...ats-with-duke/

Comment

• They are a fraction of a whole off with most categories. Should be interesting but I'll be looking at Cunningham from 'nova to do something big even though for the sake of my pool, I need the Blue Devils to win.

Comment

None of the marquee players in the conference are leaving. Morgan, Lucas, Roe, Bufford, Turner, Lighty, Davis, Johnson, Hummel, Moore, Koble, Westbrook, Sampson, Damien Johnson, Harris, Simms...All those guys are back. Tisdale and McCamey for Illinois are potential All-Big 10 type players next year as well if they progress like they did from year one to year two (although Demetri kind of regressed a bit, he has to get in better shape).

I'd say the Big 10 goes 9 deep next year and both Iowa and Indiana will be better as well. Our conference is going to be hard as ****.
                      Don't forget Talor Battle, who was robbed of Big 10 POY this year. He could avergae 20+ next year. I wouldn't say 9 deep, Northwestern is not THAT good.

^^Best Real Estate Salesman Ever^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Fogartynyy2789 View Post
                        Don't forget Talor Battle, who was robbed of Big 10 POY this year. He could avergae 20+ next year. I wouldn't say 9 deep, Northwestern is not THAT good.
                        Craig Moore is the only significant name that they lose and if the rest of the team can develop around Coble they will be a tough team to deal with. Maybe not tourney bound but still a tough team.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          They are a fraction of a whole off with most categories. Should be interesting but I'll be looking at Cunningham from 'nova to do something big even though for the sake of my pool, I need the Blue Devils to win.
                          Same deal actually, I've got 'Nova in the Final Four in a couple pools but the one that I've got a shot in right now I have Duke. Dante should be a monster because of his versatility, and I think Duke's really going to struggle to contain Corey Fisher. Hopefully our athleticism helps on the glass and contesting shots at the rim. Duke probably will get lots of open threes tough. A very interesting matchup to say the least.

Comment

• UNC will most likely lose Lawson and Ellington along with Green and Hansbrough but we will still maintain a solid lineup with a great class coming in with the Wear twins, John Henson, Dexter Strickland and Leslie McDonald and of course Eddy Davis, Deon, Drew,Ginyard..etc
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                            Coples is that dude.
                            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

I'll be honest with you, I don't think Billy G is the answer in Kentucky. He recruits well and the players seem to like him but as far as coaching goes, he's underachieved in his first two years.

Which is funny because many thought that Billy G was Self's "brains" when he was at Illinois in terms of X's and O's. So maybe things just aren't fitting right. If UK doesn't at least make it past the first day next of the NCAA Tournament I think Billy's honeymoon is over. Patterson, Meeks, and Miller are a helluva trio, one of the best in the land next year.
                              Gillispie is solid at recruiting and really produces in the X and O department (which didn't show a lot of times this year given our guys would just make awful decisions). The confusing part is his substitution problems. We scored 5 times off timeouts last night. The guy is great in setting plays up, he just picks odd people to put in the game. Also his pure man-man defense works great a lot of the time, no doubting that we've been one of the best teams in the nation defensively since he's come here... But then there are other times a player will just start to go off on us and we've got no answer. It's too early to say if he'll fail or succeed. I see reasons that both could potentially happen. Hopefully this year is a learning year for everyone involved.

If we don't produce next year, he's in trouble. We'll lose Patterson/Meeks, several upperclassmen role players. Next years team is going to be built for success if the PG position settles out. Everyone from this year will be one year more experienced (huge for the PG spot and Miller) then Daniel Orton will be one of the best defensive freshman in the country and allow Patterson to move to PF. We play UCONN, UNC, Louisville and several others in our OOC so we'll know early what we're made of.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                                Craig Moore is the only significant name that they lose and if the rest of the team can develop around Coble they will be a tough team to deal with. Maybe not tourney bound but still a tough team.
                                Yea they were a tough team this year, no one wanted to play them. Still they gotta win a road game and I'm not sure if Shurna can replace Moore's production and leadership. Coble is an absolute freak.

^^Best Real Estate Salesman Ever^^

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information