No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By all accounts, Billy Gillispie will be fired shortly... Probably Friday. Guess he's our Matt Daugherty, a lot of similarities between the two.

Donovan is going to get the full efforts.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      By all accounts, Billy Gillispie will be fired shortly... Probably Friday. Guess he's our Matt Daugherty, a lot of similarities between the two.

Wait, he hasn't been fired yet? I heard on the radio that he got fired today. Maybe they jumped the gun a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
        Wait, he hasn't been fired yet? I heard on the radio that he got fired today. Maybe they jumped the gun a bit.
        UK President Lee Todd said there will be no announcement until Friday.

I think Donovan is our guy. Apparently it'll be a full on push for him or Calipari.
        Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 03-25-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

By all accounts, Billy Gillispie will be fired shortly... Probably Friday. Guess he's our Matt Daugherty, a lot of similarities between the two.

except for the full scale revolt, i can see the similarities.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
            Looks like Lance is heading to Kansas, huge get for Self. He's got a nice class coming in with Elijah Johnson and Thomas Robinson. If Sherron and Cole stay next year, we are going to be sick.
            Is this official?

Sig by Me

Comment

• According to preps he is most likely to sign with Kansas but he's going to announce at the All America game.

Comment

• I'm not familiar with how Pitino left Kentucky... whether it was on good terms or whatever. Why wouldn't they go after him?
                I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Pitino left on VERY good terms, people cried when he left... lol. He's made his home in Louisville, he's not going to be coaching much longer. It's time for both parties to start a new run with a different partner. He does and has helped advise on the UK coaching search as he still is in contact many at UK.

It's gotta be Calipari, Donovan or Travis Ford. Ford would instantly accept, Donovan I think would probably accept and Calipari is plenty happy in Memphis.

EDIT: Gillispie has been fired from a very reliable source of UK info. Part of what really got things into motion is he wouldn't sign his contract last Friday in a meeting with the AD/President.
                  Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 03-26-2009, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Louisville next year..

pg-Peyton Siva
                    sg- Preston Knowles
                    sf- Reginald Delk
                    pf- Samardo Samuels
                    C- Terrence Jennings

With Sosa, Jerry Smith and so much more depth....

Comment

• Peyton Siva is so sick. If UW wouldn't have signed Gaddy, I would be pissed he left WA. Louisville recruits the area well though, getting T-Will from WA and now Siva.
                      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Pitino left on VERY good terms, people cried when he left... lol. He's made his home in Louisville, he's not going to be coaching much longer. It's time for both parties to start a new run with a different partner. He does and has helped advise on the UK coaching search as he still is in contact many at UK.

It's gotta be Calipari, Donovan or Travis Ford. Ford would instantly accept, Donovan I think would probably accept and Calipari is plenty happy in Memphis.

EDIT: Gillispie has been fired from a very reliable source of UK info. Part of what really got things into motion is he wouldn't sign his contract last Friday in a meeting with the AD/President.
                        Why would Donovan take a job he turned down less than a year ago?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                          Louisville next year..

pg-Peyton Siva
                          sg- Preston Knowles
                          sf- Reginald Delk
                          pf- Samardo Samuels
                          C- Terrence Jennings

With Sosa, Jerry Smith and so much more depth....

KU could be scary next year as well if Collins and Aldrich come back and we get Lance(which is what the hottest rumor is now)

PG - Taylor
                          SG - Collins
                          SF - Stephenson
                          PF - Marcus Morris
                          C - Aldrich

with Elijah Johnson, Thomas Robinson also coming in and more expierence for Markieff, Brady and Tyrel look out
                          Last edited by T-RICH49; 03-26-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                            Well, Iowa is going to suck for the foreseeable future.

Jr. Guard Jermaine Davis transferring to Minnesota State.
                            Soph. Guard Jake Kelly cannot comment yet, but is rumored to have asked for his release papers this morning to transfer to Indiana State.
                            Soph. Guard Jeff Peterson rumored to have asked for his release papers this morning as well.
                            Jr. Forward/Center David Palmer rumored to be leaving as well.

Yay.
                            Wow that would be brutal. Iowa was by no means a terrible team this year and all of those guys are underclassmen, any specific idea as to why they all want out?

Im very excited for Michigan next year, honestly next season is when we were suppose to do what we did this year. I just hope Manny Harris doesnt be foolish and declare early, he is a 2nd round prospect at this point.

As long as he stays we return everyone except our 2 former walk on PG's. But I fully expect Grady to continue to improve and Darius Morris to get a lot of PT as Fr at the point. Matt Vogrich is going to fit right in as he is a perfect fit in Belein's system, another big time perimeter shooter with the size to get his shot up.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                              KU could be scary next year as well if Collins and Aldrich come back and we get Lance(which is what the hottest rumor is now)

PG - Taylor
                              SG - Collins
                              SF - Stephenson
                              PF - Marcus Morris
                              C - Aldrich

with Elijah Johnson, Thomas Robinson also coming in and more expierence for Markieff, Brady and Tyrel look out
                              Who's giving up their 'ship? I know you guys don't have enough right now to bring in Lance... Morningstar maybe? I know there was somebody in mind...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                                Im very excited for Michigan next year, honestly next season is when we were suppose to do what we did this year. I just hope Manny Harris doesnt be foolish and declare early, he is a 2nd round prospect at this point.
                                I think Manny and DeShawn both said they are returning. Obviously, nothing is for sure at this point but since he isn't a first rounder, I'll believe that he's coming back.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information