No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors flying that Billy Donovan could be named the new coach at UK within the next 2 or 3 days. Apparently Calipari would accept however the head of our compliance office was at UMASS when Cal was there and is not a big fan, she also has a lot of pull.

Donovan has a clause in which there is no buyout if he accepts a job from March 1 to April 1, so if we go for him it will be shortly. Also, Anthony Grant has 5 days to decide on taking the Alabama job or not, if Donovan leaves UF then Grant is a lock to go there and Donovan would want him to take over. It's just one big mess.

NC State may go after Gillispie. His office is already cleaned out.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
      Wow that would be brutal. Iowa was by no means a terrible team this year and all of those guys are underclassmen, any specific idea as to why they all want out?

Im very excited for Michigan next year, honestly next season is when we were suppose to do what we did this year. I just hope Manny Harris doesnt be foolish and declare early, he is a 2nd round prospect at this point.

As long as he stays we return everyone except our 2 former walk on PG's. But I fully expect Grady to continue to improve and Darius Morris to get a lot of PT as Fr at the point. Matt Vogrich is going to fit right in as he is a perfect fit in Belein's system, another big time perimeter shooter with the size to get his shot up.
      To an extent, all 4 it is because of role on the team/playing time/type of offense. Jermaine Davis specifically said that he was confused about his role and future playing time, as well as saying that the offense is too slow. Kelly was rumored earlier in the year to have been unhappy with his role and playing time, but that changed at the end of the year. However, his mother died in the past year and he has wanted to move close to home to be with his family, but didn't have enough time before this season. So, transferring to Indiana State would make sense. Palmer and Peterson are both rumored to be unhappy about future playing time and roles on the team.

We also just had a 2010 commit reopen his recruitment, as well as rumors that other recruits may as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
        Rumors flying that Billy Donovan could be named the new coach at UK within the next 2 or 3 days. Apparently Calipari would accept however the head of our compliance office was at UMASS when Cal was there and is not a big fan, she also has a lot of pull.

Donovan has a clause in which there is no buyout if he accepts a job from March 1 to April 1, so if we go for him it will be shortly. Also, Anthony Grant has 5 days to decide on taking the Alabama job or not, if Donovan leaves UF then Grant is a lock to go there and Donovan would want him to take over. It's just one big mess.

NC State may go after Gillispie. His office is already cleaned out.
        Again I ask, why are Kentucky fans so sure (after being so sure and so wrong less than a year ago) that Donovan is going to take the job? What has drastically changed about the situation to change his mind?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Again I ask, why are Kentucky fans so sure (after being so sure and so wrong less than a year ago) that Donovan is going to take the job? What has drastically changed about the situation to change his mind?
          Two years ago several have said he had reached an agreement to come here but bailed to go for the NBA. Many in the know have all agreed to the fact that there was a deal for him to come here which he backed out on. As he showed with Orlando, he has the ability to back out of a decision. Not to mention he's grown to be upset with the fans lack of interest lately. Calipari is also an option but I'm not sure the administration would be interested given his 'shadiness'. It doesn't bother me personally, given his reputation and UK's resources he wouldn't have to cheat to hand pick recruits.

I'd say Gillispie ends up at NC State or Texas Tech. Could go to 'Bama or Georgia, that would suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
            Who's giving up their 'ship? I know you guys don't have enough right now to bring in Lance... Morningstar maybe? I know there was somebody in mind...
            my guess is a couple of transfers(Travis Releford and Quntrell Thomas are my guesses)

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
              Kansas and Memphis are playing an out of conference game next year...That's going to be insane.
              so that's official now?

Comment

• B.J. Mullens to the draft

http://www.bucknuts.com/news/article...-for-nba-draft

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Here's the link for Brandon Costner

http://www.technicianonline.com/spor...ason-1.1625035

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                  2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                  2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• This Xavier-Pitt game is gonna be a good one.

Comment

• Sam Young for Pitt is having a really nice tourney

Comment

• nice

xavier running the 1-3-1

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                          Kansas and Memphis are playing an out of conference game next year...That's going to be insane.
                          memphis also plays wvu next year i believe

not sure who is home (it's a home/home) first though

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think Purdue could knock UConn out. I'm hoping they do, at least.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lGalFr2RkU

Aw, :)

Comment

• Mu Ftw.

:)

Comment

Working...
                                X