College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :D

Well, at least now I feel we have a shot at Henry.

GJ Vilarino, a PG that wasn't in the top 150 had committed to Gillispie when he first arrived. Calipari had a talk with him and I guess basically said he wasn't a good fit and wouldn't get much playing time so he will seek his release. That puts us with Zero scholarships. Orton (5* C) and Hood (top 40 Wing) look to stay.

Wall will without a doubt have a scholarship on the table, I'd say the same for Cousins. I'd still say Henry is 70/30 in favor of going to KU.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      :D

Well, at least now I feel we have a shot at Henry.

GJ Vilarino, a PG that wasn't in the top 150 had committed to Gillispie when he first arrived. Calipari had a talk with him and I guess basically said he wasn't a good fit and wouldn't get much playing time so he will seek his release. That puts us with Zero scholarships. Orton (5* C) and Hood (top 40 Wing) look to stay.

Wall will without a doubt have a scholarship on the table, I'd say the same for Cousins. I'd still say Henry is 70/30 in favor of going to KU.
      X could hinge on if Meeks goes or stays.IIRC they play the same posistion

Comment

• Well, given his size he could play the wing. We've got Darius Miller there who is solid as well as Jon Hood coming in but we have no backup for Meeks. I would say they could play in the lineup together. However, if I was in Henry's shoes I would still be iffy with Meeks here.

Comment

• I really love Tom Izzo.

Comment

• Here is UK's current 09 recruiting list

http://kentucky.rivals.com/commitlis...ool=35&Sport=2

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Also a list of de-commits

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...6season%3d2009

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

His highlight clip stuff on Youtube is out of this world. Guy knows how to dish and finish around the basket... PERFECT fit for Calipari's system. We just root for the best teams around haha. Do you post on CatsPause? I'm JeffSheppard98, post a lot on there lol. Watched 'The door' the last few days.

Josh Pastner to follow Calipari to UK. He's only 31 and everyone agrees he's one of the best assistant coaches in the nation. He will be an elite head coach in the not so distant future.
                Nah dont post on Catspause but I read it over from time to time.

Walls is indeed the perfect fit for a Calipari system...I think Liggins could work out as well. A player like Porter can't though...I don't even think a player like Porter can make it many places...he is worse than Saul Smith...adn that is saying alot.

I am pretty sure that X will go to KU. Though Calipari could lure him over to UK as well. Meeks is likely not going to go to the draft. I think a final year could only improve his stock. Especially if UK hits a stride this year and makes in deep in the tourney. This very well could have X going to KU. However the sheer fact that X is going to visit UK means alot.

Comment

• Kelvin Grady is transferring from Michigan. This is a big blow to the Wolverines. All 3 PG from last years roster won't be on the team next season. Darius Morris better get to Ann Arbor ready to play, because he may be relied on as the teams primary ball handler. Because really, Michigan has literally nothing else at the PG slot; and I really dont want to see Manny Harris end up 'running' the offense and being our floor general.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                    Kelvin Grady is transferring from Michigan. This is a big blow to the Wolverines. All 3 PG from last years roster won't be on the team next season. Darius Morris better get to Ann Arbor ready to play, because he may be relied on as the teams primary ball handler. Because really, Michigan has literally nothing else at the PG slot; and I really dont want to see Manny Harris end up 'running' the offense and being our floor general.
                    Wooo Iowa isn't the team without any PG!!!!

Comment

• Penn State wins the NIT

Showin' what the Big Ten is all about!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Both Meeks and Patterson have said Calipari's offense would work on some of their weaknesses for the NBA.

We've had 3 players de-commit since Calipari has been hired. All 3 were being questioned by the media as being UK caliber and they don't fit Calipari's style.

Next year Calipari will have a LOT of scholarships to give out. Maybe 7+ depending on who stays/leaves early (Patterson will leave after next year void of an injury).

Arizona has been rejected twice. Calipari first, then Floyd today. Wonder who they'll go after next.

Comment

Both Meeks and Patterson have said Calipari's offense would work on some of their weaknesses for the NBA.

We've had 3 players de-commit since Calipari has been hired. All 3 were being questioned by the media as being UK caliber and they don't fit Calipari's style.

Next year Calipari will have a LOT of scholarships to give out. Maybe 7+ depending on who stays/leaves early (Patterson will leave after next year void of an injury).

Arizona has been rejected twice. Calipari first, then Floyd today. Wonder who they'll go after next.
                          dam patterson for not staying home (hes from wv)

think he would have came here if huggs would have been the coach (he didnt fit beileins system)

ebanks+patterson=awesome

oh, surprised curry didnt look at michigan; kid is perfect for beileins system

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• WE ARE! Penn State!

Comment

• this is encouraging

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/a...r-wants-go-ku/

come on down X

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                                oh, surprised curry didnt look at michigan; kid is perfect for beileins system
                                I hadnt really thought of this before I saw your post, now Im a bit depressed because that is very true.

We are working on Klay Thompson from Washington State though. He was a solid 4* recruit, scored 12 a game this year shooting 41% from the 3. Is also a big guard at 6'6 and is a perfect fit in Beilein's system to help rebound from a perimeter position as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information