Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think Indiana has a much better team this year, but this is a potential trap game for the Hoosiers. UConn has a ton of talent, and I always give the coaching edge to Jim Calhoun, especially when he's developing young kids. I think he and his assistants do a tremendous job every year with this.

    Regardless, Indiana should be able to execute better than UConn and should win. Still, I wouldn't be shocked if UConn hung in there and earned a great character win.



    I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

    Comment


    • Originally posted by buckeyes12
      Wisonsin is just this year's Washington Huskies. They'll be that number 1 seed that barely reaches the sweet 16.

      however if they lose a few games and slip out of the national radar and land a 3-4 seed, i will pick them to go to the elite 8 at least. They got the big men inside to score and play D, and the superstar on the outside, although inexperienced, should be a big impact for them.


      UNC's winning it all anyway so it really doesn't matter. They win this year, barely lose any1 and come back and win it again next year. Dynasty 05, 07, 08. Hansbrough earns top 5 pick in 08 draft.
      Let me guess. OSU to the final four?

      Hitman D

      "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bsaza2358
        I think Indiana has a much better team this year, but this is a potential trap game for the Hoosiers. UConn has a ton of talent, and I always give the coaching edge to Jim Calhoun, especially when he's developing young kids. I think he and his assistants do a tremendous job every year with this.

        Regardless, Indiana should be able to execute better than UConn and should win. Still, I wouldn't be shocked if UConn hung in there and earned a great character win.
        How is an away game at UConn a trap game? I don't follow.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bsaza2358
          I think Indiana has a much better team this year, but this is a potential trap game for the Hoosiers. UConn has a ton of talent, and I always give the coaching edge to Jim Calhoun, especially when he's developing young kids. I think he and his assistants do a tremendous job every year with this.

          Regardless, Indiana should be able to execute better than UConn and should win. Still, I wouldn't be shocked if UConn hung in there and earned a great character win.
          :?:

          You make it sound like IU is a favorite in this game. I don't think they are.

          UCONN has more talent on the team.

          Comment


          • IU doesn't have bad talent, but they are overachievers. They play great defense and are also a very good rebounding team despite having only two players that are over 6'9''. And if you think Ben Allen is a key bench player you don't know IU. The game will be close, to think it will be a blowout doesn't make sense. It will a tough win for us because we never seem to win on the road.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cardsalltheway
              IU doesn't have bad talent, but they are overachievers. They play great defense and are also a very good rebounding team despite having only two players that are over 6'9''. And if you think Ben Allen is a key bench player you don't know IU. The game will be close, to think it will be a blowout doesn't make sense. It will a tough win for us because we never seem to win on the road.
              i disagree. we have crap talent. a key role player for us is ERIK SUHR!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NYmoney
                Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                IU doesn't have bad talent, but they are overachievers. They play great defense and are also a very good rebounding team despite having only two players that are over 6'9''. And if you think Ben Allen is a key bench player you don't know IU. The game will be close, to think it will be a blowout doesn't make sense. It will a tough win for us because we never seem to win on the road.
                i disagree. we have crap talent. a key role player for us is ERIK SUHR!!!
                AJ, DJ, Allen and Shaw were all 4-stars or better. Suhr is a key role player because he hustles and plays as hard as any player in the NCAA when he's out there. Don't think he's not talented either, the kid was an Indiana High School All-Star.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MaxV
                  Originally posted by bsaza2358
                  I think Indiana has a much better team this year, but this is a potential trap game for the Hoosiers. UConn has a ton of talent, and I always give the coaching edge to Jim Calhoun, especially when he's developing young kids. I think he and his assistants do a tremendous job every year with this.

                  Regardless, Indiana should be able to execute better than UConn and should win. Still, I wouldn't be shocked if UConn hung in there and earned a great character win.
                  :?:

                  You make it sound like IU is a favorite in this game. I don't think they are.

                  UCONN has more talent on the team.
                  I think that Indiana has more veterans on their team and are playing with more efficiency and toughness at this stage of the season. To me, Indiana has played much better than UConn to date. I believe Indiana should win this game if they execute. However, I believe UConn has more talent. The difference here is the youth of UConn. I think Indiana will control the tempo and will execute. I think they win by 7.



                  I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                  Comment


                  • I wouldn't say we have veterans. We only have three seniors, one of which is a JUCO and the other doesn't play much.

                    Comment


                    • For anyone in the NY metro area: some hoosier alumni will be watching the game at Kate Kaerney's followed by the IU bar (Proof) for post game. I plan on wearing the gameday shorts with a blue button up and red tie. Sampson attire baby. Gotta be passionate about gameday on Saturday's.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NYmoney
                        For anyone in the NY metro area: some hoosier alumni will be watching the game at Kate Kaerney's followed by the IU bar (Proof) for post game. I plan on wearing the gameday shorts with a blue button up and red tie. Sampson attire baby. Gotta be passionate about gameday on Saturday's.
                        If you wear a jacket, be sure to take it off within minutes of your arrival.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                          I wouldn't say we have veterans. We only have three seniors, one of which is a JUCO and the other doesn't play much.
                          Better than UConn, who basically replaced its top 7 players from a year ago. There is at least decent continuity on the Indiana team. I think 20 year old players are generally more developed and ready to win than 18 year old players. The veterans can generally outflank more talented youngsters because they know more about the game and about success on the college level. UConn is still learning that.



                          I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                            Originally posted by NYmoney
                            For anyone in the NY metro area: some hoosier alumni will be watching the game at Kate Kaerney's followed by the IU bar (Proof) for post game. I plan on wearing the gameday shorts with a blue button up and red tie. Sampson attire baby. Gotta be passionate about gameday on Saturday's.
                            If you wear a jacket, be sure to take it off within minutes of your arrival.
                            I will do that. and i will keep tucking my shirt in. then i will keep tugging at my hair. that should do.

                            Comment


                            • WHAT!? BC dimissed Sean Williams from the team oooh man what a bad move who cares what he did hes an athlete- possesion of marajuana i believe but still! 75 blocks in 15 games

                              Comment


                              • Yea, Ohio State owned Northwestern...

                                But Wisconsin barely got by Purdue. Alando Tucker is the most annoying player in the NCAA, one because he always makes crazy ass shots and two because he always makes them at the right time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information