No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't be rooting for Michigan State tonight, but I respect the hell out of Tom Izzo and wouldn't be devastated if he won another title.

Comment

• WTF. That's a complete journalistic hack-job. He's using a small sample size of MSU-rooting Wolverines and using that to represent the entire Wolverine nation. Absolutely ridiculous.

SPUCK THE FARTANS.
      I'm a state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michigan View Post
        WTF. That's a complete journalistic hack-job. He's using a small sample size of MSU-rooting Wolverines and using that to represent the entire Wolverine nation. Absolutely ridiculous.

SPUCK THE FARTANS.
        Oh, I know. I started reading it and laughed because of how they presented the topic.

But I knew Sniper would love it. :D

Comment

• My bracket pool rests with the game tonight...the winner has already won, but i can finish second with an msu win, but if they lose, I fall all the way to fifth.....out of the money....GO SPARTANS.....

Comment

• DETROIT -- Barring another last-minute change of plans, Sean Miller will be introduced as Arizona's next basketball coach despite the fact that he turned down the job late Sunday, a source has told CBSSports.com.

According to a source, Miller scheduled a Monday afternoon meeting with his staff, at which point he is expected to finalize the decision. The source said Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood called Miller early Monday after having been rejected and "significantly changed" the offer, which was initially around $2 million per year for seven seasons. At that point, the source said, Miller got better assurances on the number of "buy" games he would be allowed to schedule, as well as some enhanced promises about the way the team would travel. Thus, Miller's career at Xavier seems set to end after five seasons, four of which resulted in NCAA tournament appearances.

A statement is expected later Monday.

A news conference could come as early as Tuesday.

\
            ------------------

damn, my fav coach is now off to greener pastures. I was hoping he would stay at Xavier. A-10 ftw!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...story/11599671
            Last edited by bored of education; 04-06-2009, 01:50 PM.
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Link please?

Comment

• Well, he changed his mind it seems.

The way Olsen left destroyed that job. Miller is going to have some recruiting to do. Whoever takes the Xavier job is in a nice spot.

Comment

• Aldrich staying for his Junior year per Draft Express.com

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                  Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• James Johnson declared a few days back.

http://wyomingnews.com/articles/2009...s_04-04-09.txt

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Also, Brackins, Henderson, Mills, Blair, Flynn, Tyler Smith, Earl Clark & Tasmin Mitchell are expected to declare.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Josh Pastner, 31 year old assistant coach who was under Calipari at Memphis and was going to follow him here may be the new Memphis coach. Good hire, could possibly retain some of the recruits as he already has a relationship and understands the dribble drive offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          Josh Pastner, 31 year old assistant coach who was under Calipari at Memphis and was going to follow him here may be the new Memphis coach. Good hire, could possibly retain some of the recruits as he already has a relationship and understands the dribble drive offense.
                          he can keep all but Xavier Henry for all I care

Comment

• Well, you won't like this lol.

According to the source, Pastner would hire former Kansas player Carl Henry as the program's director of operations, which would keep signed recruit Xavier Henry, Carl's son, in the program. Xavier Henry, a 6-6 wing, is a McDonald's All-American and top-five prospect in the class of 2009.
                            Not sure on the impact with Cousins, I think he still goes elsewhere but I'd say Wesley Witherspoon won't be transferring.

Daring but solid hire by Memphis, IMO. Pastner is going to be the next great coach. Sucks for UK to not have him as an assistant.

Comment

• For all the talk about Michigan State's defense, North Carolina's defense is really giving the Spartans trouble early on.

Comment

• And the blowout begins.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information