College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by etk View Post
    It's too early to tell who will battle for Big East supremacy. Cuse could lose Flynn, Devendorf, Harris and Rautins. Villanova loses Cunningham, the heart and soul of their team, and could lose Reynolds.
    Cunningham wasn't really the heart and soul of the team at all. He was certainly our most consistent performer and a huge part of the team offensively and defensively, but the heart and soul of the team was really Dwayne Anderson. He's gone anyway so the point is kind of moot, but we have leaders who will step up and Frank Tsuisi will be back next year as a graduate assistant.

Losing Reynolds I would have mixed feelings about. If he goes he's not nearly a guarantee to be drafted so I don't think he does, but it would free up some play time to a lot of our younger talented guards. He can really carry the team when hot and is a great leader with a high basketball IQ most of the time, but he also makes very poor decisions at times leading to wasted possessions off of bad shots and turnovers. He's improved at letting the game come to him put still can hurt us.

Regardless it is definitely very early to see who is going to be atop the Big East. But with our tourney experience from this year along with a strong recruiting class and some other guys coming in that redshirted last year, I think we've got a chance to be a very good team. Come the year after is when I think we'll really hit our stride though, depending on the 2010 recruits we get.

Universally considered to be our worst recruit coming in this year, Isaiah Armwood with a pretty impressive dunk:

The guy at the end is Mouph Yarou, our 6'10 five star big guy coming in.
    Last edited by derza222; 04-12-2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• I had pretty much conceded Henry to KU but I think UK is at least bigger into the picture at this point although we're still trailing. Calipari has been out in LA to make his pitch to him and Wall. I'll be dancing in the streets if we get Wall, he is out of this world.

Comment

• if Henry takes a visit to UK I think he ends up there

Comment

• Solomon Hill picks Zona instead of USC

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/2009/4/...l-picks-u-of-a

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
          2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
          2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Miller also got Kyryl Natyazhko who is a 4* big guy. Already getting things going in AZ, I hope he does well there.

Comment

• PG Lamont Jones was at USC earlier this week. Hopefully Tim Floyd can pick him up.

Comment

• Mo Mo is an amazing scoring guard, just not sure how he will do it on the big level with his height. To me he's actually an exact copy of Maureece Rice who was the greatest scorer in Philly high school bball history but ended up just having an average collegiate career at George Washington although he's now one of the top scorers in the NBDL. Mo Mo can definitely fill it up in the college game although I don't think he will do it consistently and I don't think he has an NBA future. Not a big market for 6 foot shooting guards.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Lance is coming to STJ this week! I will be so pumped if we get him.....c'mon Henry, you know your heart is in Kansas!
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                    Lance is coming to STJ this week! I will be so pumped if we get him.....c'mon Henry, you know your heart is in Kansas!
                    come on one of you so the drama can end

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                      come on one of you so the drama can end
                      I doubt Lance will commit before Henry unless we blow his socks off this weekend. I dont care how long it takes......getting Lance could totally revitalize STJ b-ball......and make my senior year A LOT more fun. Mase and Stephenson along with guys like Kennedy, Horne, Booth, and Burrell has some potential.
                      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Sherron and Cole's relatives hint they will return

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/a...s-will-return/

Comment

• I'm starting to think....

Xavier Henry and John Wall to Kentucky
                          Daniel Orton to Kansas

From the interviews this weekend for Orton, I think he'll be asking out of his LOI here and heading to Kansas. Then with Henry deciding to visit Kentucky I think that puts him in our favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                            I'm starting to think....

Xavier Henry and John Wall to Kentucky
                            Daniel Orton to Kansas

From the interviews this weekend for Orton, I think he'll be asking out of his LOI here and heading to Kansas. Then with Henry deciding to visit Kentucky I think that puts him in our favor.
                            great we lose out on X and Lance.I hate the Henry's

Comment

• Flynn is going to sign with an agent this week. FML.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                                great we lose out on X and Lance.I hate the Henry's
                                I would still figure you get Stephenson, given Self apparently went up to visit him this weekend I'd say he's making the final push.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information