Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    Tim Frazier is going to be huge for Penn State next season.
    His dunk on youtube made me a season ticket holder next year. Idk how the hell Ed gets guys from Texas to play here.


    ^^Best Real Estate Salesman Ever^^

    Comment


    • From the way Patterson talked, I think he's mostly going to see what he needs to work on and if he gets a lottery grade... He'll go.

      I'm fairly confident both Meeks and Patterson will be back, seems like they're both just using it to see what they need to work on. Meeks will be gone if he gets a first round grade which I doubt.

      Comment


      • That dunk was ridiculous.

        #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
        2015 2K Classic Champions


        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

        Comment


        • Luke Harangody is going pro

          #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
          2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
          2015 2K Classic Champions


          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
            YES we will survive.

            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • It sucks, because we narrowly missed out on like 5 top 150 players. Convincing Glenn Bryant and Markus Kennedy to come here would be nice, though.
              Temple University Owls

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
                It sucks, because we narrowly missed out on like 5 top 150 players. Convincing Glenn Bryant and Markus Kennedy to come here would be nice, though.
                I'm pretty sure Markus Kennedy is deciding between West Virginia and Villanova next week, with Penn State a dark horse.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                  I'm pretty sure Markus Kennedy is deciding between West Virginia and Villanova next week, with Penn State a dark horse.
                  I didnt see any articles on it, but it sucked, because we weren't giving him love when he was under the radar and then he blew up. Had he continued to be under the radar, he probably would've ended up here. I dont know why he'd go to Nova. He'll ride the pine for a while.

                  We have two very solid under the radar players coming in, but we need a big guy.
                  Temple University Owls

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
                    I didnt see any articles on it, but it sucked, because we weren't giving him love when he was under the radar and then he blew up. Had he continued to be under the radar, he probably would've ended up here. I dont know why he'd go to Nova. He'll ride the pine for a while.

                    We have two very solid under the radar players coming in, but we need a big guy.
                    I'm not sure when we started paying attention to him but generally we do a pretty good job finding guys before they blow up and showing them some love early. It's more or less why Cheek and Yarou elected to come here.

                    Kennedy definitely will have a shot to play some for us, by the time he comes in our only two legit bigs will be Yarou and Pena. Pena will be graduating after Kennedy's frosh year plus he's been struggling big time. Maurice Sutton I guess you can count as well, but Kennedy's skill set would be unique here, far different than Sutton's, and I think he'll definitely carve out decent minutes. If he was a guard I'd feel differently, but any solid forward or big has a shot to play here. Especially one as talented as Kennedy is.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                      I'm not sure when we started paying attention to him but generally we do a pretty good job finding guys before they blow up and showing them some love early. It's more or less why Cheek and Yarou elected to come here.

                      Kennedy definitely will have a shot to play some for us, by the time he comes in our only two legit bigs will be Yarou and Pena. Pena will be graduating after Kennedy's frosh year plus he's been struggling big time. Maurice Sutton I guess you can count as well, but Kennedy's skill set would be unique here, far different than Sutton's, and I think he'll definitely carve out decent minutes. If he was a guard I'd feel differently, but any solid forward or big has a shot to play here. Especially one as talented as Kennedy is.
                      Yeah, but then you'll get a 4 or 5 star to take Markus' minutes.
                      Temple University Owls

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
                        Yeah, but then you'll get a 4 or 5 star to take Markus' minutes.
                        Eh I disagree, we've only signed one big 4 or 5 star in the past few years and that's Mouph. Plus, really the only high-level guys we're recruiting for the future are a bunch of guards and small forwards, and the guys interested of us in 2010 aren't great. Some very good 2011 and 2012 recruits are interested in us (Mike Gilchrist even though he's a lock to Kentucky, Justin Anderson, Savon Goodman), but they're wings and we probably won't land them anyway.
                        Last edited by derza222; 04-16-2009, 04:20 PM.

                        Comment


                        • PSU has got a good shot at getting Kennedy if only because they picked up Taran Buie already and the idea of those two playing together with Battle, Jackson, Jones, Brooks, Frazier, Marshall and Babb would make a rediculously deep and talented team. Aside from free throw shooting there isn't really a weakness among that group.


                          ^^Best Real Estate Salesman Ever^^

                          Comment


                          • article on wvu rivals site, kennedy said its between 'nova and wvu

                            will decide after he visits nova on the 24th

                            cred 2 BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • It was said at the time but after this season it's only reinforced... The 2008 recruiting class was WEAK!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                                Eh I disagree, we've only signed one big 4 or 5 star in the past few years and that's Mouph. Plus, really the only high-level guys we're recruiting for the future are a bunch of guards and small forwards, and the guys interested of us in 2010 aren't great. Some very good 2011 and 2012 recruits are interested in us (Mike Gilchrist even though he's a lock to Kentucky, Justin Anderson, Savon Goodman), but they're wings and we probably won't land them anyway.
                                I have a feeling your recruiting will amp up over the next year or so and you'll start attracting top big guys.
                                Temple University Owls

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information