College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
    I didnt mean that negatively; he's one of the best recruiters in the country. Something *does* seem a little off about him, though. I think our joke on some of the boards is they get nice cars for coming to Nova :P
    Lol probably the hair or something that makes him seem a little off. I could get that, even going to school here. He's just too clean cut and there aren't really any faults you can put your finger on, so you have to figure something's up somewhere. Dude's pretty straight up with recruits though, I both love and hate that about him...

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      Lol probably the hair or something that makes him seem a little off. I could get that, even going to school here. He's just too clean cut and there aren't really any faults you can put your finger on, so you have to figure something's up somewhere. Dude's pretty straight up with recruits though, I both love and hate that about him...
      He just seems really sneaky. Knowing that Coach Cal is a total snake, I cant help but wonder.
      Temple University Owls

Comment

• Eric Bledsoe's coach says he's down to UK and Memphis, visiting both this weekend.

John Wall is still a man of mystery.

And man did Gillispie do some bizarre things here. He really blasted Meeks apparently and I have no clue why, no wonder Meeks slowed down towards the end of the season. He still lives in Lexington and frequents events lol.

There was also a booster luncheon today in which Calipari said he recruits 'givers and not takers' and that there is a 'taker' begging to come here but we won't take him. Lance Stephenson I'm guessing...
        Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 04-30-2009, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
          Eric Bledsoe's coach says he's down to UK and Memphis, visiting both this weekend.
          Damn. Wanted him at UF.
          Temple University Owls

Comment

• I'm wondering if the coach is right, I don't know why he'd cut Florida so quickly. May have been turned off that they started recruiting John Wall while Calipari went and visited his home. There's apparently a decent chance we could get Wall and Bledsoe which would be insane. Bledsoe also has a grades question, not sure if that's cleared up yet. He was apparently going to play here if Gillispie stayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
              He just seems really sneaky. Knowing that Coach Cal is a total snake, I cant help but wonder.
              They're totally different dudes that bring in different players as far as I know. Look how Tyreke Evans' recruiting went. Wright told him if he wanted to be one and done to go to Memphis, and if he wanted to be part of a family to come to Villanova.

Now I have no idea what things are like behind the scenes, and the Villanova program is so squeaky clean seeming I could see why somebody thinks something is up. But as far as I know all Wright does is sell the family atmosphere here, solid academics, and hard work gets you play time. That and the fact that we were the first people to really be on a lot of the players we get (Kennedy, Yarou, and Cheek I all remember saying that, I think Armwood too). And he doesn't like to bring in one and dones.

Comment

• I think the Italian coaches get tagged with the 'snake oil salesman' line. Rightfully so really, the guys are good in front of a mic and can sell their programs. See Wright, Calipari and Pitino for starters. Pitino is the biggest used car salesman of the group, worked out pretty well when he was at UK though so I'm not complaining :D

I'm fine with Cal bringing in one and dones, it's no problem to me since they'll be top 10 guys. They just need to fall in the framework of the team or not be here, it's encouraging to know he won't go after Stephenson. Gillispie had started to and I was never a fan.

Comment

I hope Mississippi St. gets Renardo Sidney, seems like a possibility.
                  Got my fingers crossed lol.

Jarvis will probably return if he does not get a lottery guarantee, so it looks good for us.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                  Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                  I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                  LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                    Got my fingers crossed lol.

Jarvis will probably return if he does not get a lottery guarantee, so it looks good for us.
                    He'd be a good get for you, but do you really want to set your program back a couple of years? USC&UCLA could really use him and that fact that they want nothing to do with him now is a giant red flag, especially since USC coach Tim Floyd had no problems with Mayo's shady partners, but won't touch sidney.

He's talented as hell though. One and done'r but he'll perform.

Comment

• From what I read, Sidney's father didn't want him caught up in the Mayo/Bush circus and his son becoming the scapegoat. I think USC is better off without him. That's too bad that Bledsoe won't be coming to Duke because I don't see us getting Wall. Bledsoe may not even qualify so it won't be that big of a loss.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• I think if Wall cuts it to 3 it would be UK, Miami (FL) and Duke (maybe Florida). Should happen today or tomorrow hopefully.

Comment

I think the Italian coaches get tagged with the 'snake oil salesman' line. Rightfully so really, the guys are good in front of a mic and can sell their programs. See Wright, Calipari and Pitino for starters. Pitino is the biggest used car salesman of the group, worked out pretty well when he was at UK though so I'm not complaining :D

I'm fine with Cal bringing in one and dones, it's no problem to me since they'll be top 10 guys. They just need to fall in the framework of the team or not be here, it's encouraging to know he won't go after Stephenson. Gillispie had started to and I was never a fan.
                          The other reason that it's not a problem is Cal is just going to bring in more top 10 guys the next year. He should be able to reload year after year. I see no problem bringing in one and done guys if you can continue to do so like Cal can.

Lance needs to make up his mind. The guy's just all over the place and really milking this decision for way more than it's worth. Especially given he's just going to stay at his school for a year and then play in the NBA anyway, it's not like he has to make the huge "where am I going to spend the next four years of my life?" decision. Still think he should go to SJU where he can just do his thing for a year and get out.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                            The other reason that it's not a problem is Cal is just going to bring in more top 10 guys the next year. He should be able to reload year after year. I see no problem bringing in one and done guys if you can continue to do so like Cal can.

Lance needs to make up his mind. The guy's just all over the place and really milking this decision for way more than it's worth. Especially given he's just going to stay at his school for a year and then play in the NBA anyway, it's not like he has to make the huge "where am I going to spend the next four years of my life?" decision. Still think he should go to SJU where he can just do his thing for a year and get out.
                            Lance is going to declare last. The whole reason he's been delaying is because when he first annouced his declare date at Mcdonalds he thought everyone especially Wall would have declared by then, he wants to be the last guy to declare so there is no one after him to talk about.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Jesus Wall just say you're going to Duke already.
                              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                                If by 'awful' you mean 'totally awesome' then yes, KM is just that. Kentlake is in the middle of nowhere.
                                What is KM good at? Nothing. KL had the 2nd place team in baseball last year. KM? Awful.
                                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information