College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boston
    Wisconsin seems to play to the level of their competition.

EDIT: That was an amazing rebound by tucker.
    Illinois is a lot better than their record. And we showed that today.

Free throw shooting really hurt us in the this game. I think if we make our FT's, we win this ball game.

Also, 3 very bad calls down the stretch that even Majerus called the refs on. I'm not going to blame the refs here for our loss but you cannot make those calls in this type of game.

Credit to Wisky for the win, but I'm disappointed that we didn't pull this game out.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sik wit it
      can the badgers get a *********** call?!?!
      Don't even start with me dude. Even one of your boys said the refs called you a good game.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
        Originally posted by sik wit it
        Don't even start with me dude. Even one of your boys said the refs called you a good game.
        If anything they got the ones wrong that favored Wisconsin. I was impressed by Fraizer and I wouldn't be surprised if Illinois makes the Sweet 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12
          Originally posted by sweetness34
          If anything they got the ones wrong that favored Wisconsin. I was impressed by Fraizer and I wouldn't be surprised if Illinois makes the Sweet 16.
          Right now we're probably in the NIT. A win against Wisky today really would have helped in this game.

People look at our record and think we are just a bad team, but as you saw today, we went toe to toe with the #3 team in the nation. And it's not like Wisky played bad, it was a well played game on both sides.

Like I said earlier, it's a game we let get away. But Wisky is very experienced and poised in games like this and they showed it. We really need to go on a run here in the Big 10, a very big run. And we probably need to make the Championship game of the Big 10 tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
            Originally posted by GB12
            Right now we're probably in the NIT. A win against Wisky today really would have helped in this game.

People look at our record and think we are just a bad team, but as you saw today, we went toe to toe with the #3 team in the nation. And it's not like Wisky played bad, it was a well played game on both sides.

Like I said earlier, it's a game we let get away. But Wisky is very experienced and poised in games like this and they showed it. We really need to go on a run here in the Big 10, a very big run. And we probably need to make the Championship game of the Big 10 tourney.
            Yeah, they're in a bad position now, but I really think the could make some noise in the Tourney. They have the good teams in the Big Ten out of the way so they have an easy schedule to finish on. It's then like you said the Big Ten Tournament. I don't think the have to go to the finals, the semis should do.

Comment

• UConn is playing great today, Stanley Robinson is a beast

Indiana hit their shots early, so its tied at the half, but UConn dominated the 2nd half of the 1st half.

Paul

New York Giants
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks (unfortunately)
              UConn Basketball
              Virginia Tech Football
              UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12
                They looked good today, but I still wouldn't count on them to win any more than one tournament game if they got there. Their hardest games are behind them now until the Big 10 tournament, so unless they are truly dominant until then I don't think I'll be able to see it much differently

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee
                  Originally posted by GB12
                  They looked good today, but I still wouldn't count on them to win any more than one tournament game if they got there. Their hardest games are behind them now until the Big 10 tournament, so unless they are truly dominant until then I don't think I'll be able to see it much differently
                  Which is why we almost have to win out in the Big 10, and why we have to make some serious noise in the Big 10 tourney.

It's just been one of those years for us. Injuries, unfortunate luck, some bad reffing, and bad games.

Oh well, no sense in bitching about it, **** happens and you've gotta move on.

Comment

• I love Rod Wilmont.

Comment

• I will name a player of the day everyday first honor goes to Scottie Reynolds. Its scary to think he is only a freshman.

Comment

• Texas Tech over Kansas 69-64.

Comment

• What a game by Tech.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• UConn played too well on offense to lose :(

Good game by Rod Wilmont though, gotta give him that.

Paul

New York Giants
                            New York Yankees
                            New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                            UConn Basketball
                            Virginia Tech Football
                            UConn Football

Comment

• IU played very sloppy today. They made a lot of bad turnovers, fouled a lot and were outrebounded, something very rare for a Kelvin Sampson-coached team. They are a top 25 team and the 3rd best team in the Big Ten. This win is especially big because it came on the road, where IU rarely wins big games. I can't wait until Tuesday for Illinois. Interested in a bet Sweetness?

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088
                                Originally posted by yodachu
                                I am no longer a Blue Devil fan. I am a UW-Milwaukee Panther fan. Duke is an awful team. They are overrated. #17 is still too high, they are terrible. I will cheer for the Pearl if UWM does not make the tourney.
                                oh god, they're 15-3 . That's not exatly terrible. What do you expect from such a young team with paulus at the PG?
                                They'll get to the 2nd round or sweet 16 and choke like they always do.....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information