No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Floyd resigns... Wonder who is gonna take that job and what kind of punishment they'll be getting shortly.

Villanova is going to be solid next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      Tim Floyd resigns... Wonder who is gonna take that job and what kind of punishment they'll be getting shortly.

Villanova is going to be solid next year.
      That's a bit surprising

I wonder if someone like Steve Alford would leave New Mexico for USC

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Tim Floyd resigns... Wonder who is gonna take that job and what kind of punishment they'll be getting shortly.
        Cant wait til the NCAA takes down the football team
        Temple University Owls

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          That's a bit surprising

I wonder if someone like Steve Alford would leave New Mexico for USC
          My first guess is that they will probably have an interim coach a la Russ Pennell for the upcoming season. After that I think they will go after Jamie Dixon again. Watch out for maybe Mark Few, Randy Bennett, maybe Russell Springmann the asst. coach from Texas but most likely a proven HC.

Darkhorse maybe Billy Gillespie.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• I think Gillispie has killed his shots at a solid job... I mean, they passed on him at Washington State and he was trying hard for that job. People in the basketball circles know the garbage that went down at UK when he was here.

Depends on what they think is going to happen to USC in terms of punishment. I don't have the slightest clue as to who they will/would go after. Should be interesting.

And JHG... Me and you both know you can't hold your breath on them doing anything to the SC football team, some programs are golden in the NCAA's eyes.

As a UK fan, I sure hope Meeks decides to stay. He seems to be 50/50 at this point, hope he comes back.

Comment

And JHG... Me and you both know you can't hold your breath on them doing anything to the SC football team, some programs are golden in the NCAA's eyes.
              It's a shame, because they play very dirty (cheating-wise). The NCAA is unfortunately a humongous joke.
              Temple University Owls

Comment

• Momo Jones to get USC release

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/06/09/f...ve/#more-17636

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                  Bet he goes to Va Tech or Virginia.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by garrard9 View Post
                    Bet he goes to Va Tech or Virginia.
                    No, Temple :P I think we offered him. I know we tried to get him to visit campus.
                    Temple University Owls

Comment

• Word is Jodie Meeks is leaning hard towards coming back... That would be spectacular. We can only be so good without him, with him they have unlimited potential.

EDIT: Forgot to add Matt Pilgrim and Kevin Galloway will be leaving UK as part of making room for all the new players.

Pilgrim should make a good get, he's a strong guy who is a monster on the boards and can shoot the mid-range. Galloway is a big guy that can handle the ball and pass in the lane.

No clue where Pilgrim would go, I'd say Galloway will be going back towards the West Coast. Either would be very nice additions to any team that isn't stacked, they're both high-major talent.
                      Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 06-10-2009, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Tyler Smith and Dominique Archie withdrew. Austin Daye is likely to stay in.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                        2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• With Tyler Smith returning this makes Tennessee a legit contender. The SEC is gonna be stacked next year.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                          Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                          I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                          LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by StackJaxx View Post
                            i heard that the charge is no joke. unlike john wall's charge for trying to get his tip wet. i really can see him at FIU. i could also see some sleazy school like MSU sweeping in to try to get him. especially with the charge looking like its for real.
                            Because we get Sindey we're automatically sleazy i guess...

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                            Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                            I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                            LOL props to Paul

Comment

• My guess:

Jeff Teague: Returns to WF
                              Gani Lawal: Well, I still don't know but 50/50 shot I say he goes. But between 21-30
                              Jodie Meeks: Returns

I'm a Big East guy (Syracuse) but respect all the leagues equally, looking forward to a much improved SEC. I think Jimmy Dykes is an underrated color guy. He is perfect for SEC basketball.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
                                It's a shame, because they play very dirty (cheating-wise). The NCAA is unfortunately a humongous joke.

Have any examples of this, or is this random hate text.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information