• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Jordan quits playing basketball.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab,172530

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
      And how is Villanova the 4th best team in the nation?
      Great recruting class along with two redshirts becoming eligible, and a lot of players back from last year's team. We'll see how it goes, probably overrated, but this team is considerably deeper and more talented than last year's. The lack of experience will hurt and probably cause us to drop some, but this is a very good team.

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
        Another sweep is in store for next year :D
        Ha I wouldn't go so fast. Duke isn't going to be strong next year, but neither is carolina.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          Great recruting class along with two redshirts becoming eligible, and a lot of players back from last year's team. We'll see how it goes, probably overrated, but this team is considerably deeper and more talented than last year's. The lack of experience will hurt and probably cause us to drop some, but this is a very good team.
          I agree, obviously as a 'Nova fan you would know best. I like Villanova to win the Big East. Jay Wright is quite the coach and Reynolds coming back is huge, veteran PG's are extremely important.

I think for all the strength the ACC and Big East had last year, they lose a step with all the players leaving.

Throwing out my early conference champs:

ACC: UNC - Talent can take you a long way. I really don't see Duke competing all that strongly.

Big East: Villanova - Many players coming off a Final Four along with one of the best recruiting classes. Syracuse losing Flynn makes this easy for me, WVU has a shot.

Big 10: Michigan State - Izzo gets it done, coming off a Final Four, they lose some players but retain one of the best coaches in the nation. Would not surprise me to see Purdue win it.

Big 12: Kansas - returns a team that succeeded with youth and has Bill Self as coach. I think Texas is close in talent but no matter what they do, Barnes isn't even close to Self.

Pac-10: Washington - Losing Brockman sucks but they're bringing in talent and they're always underrated. Cal and UCLA will compete to a degree but Washington is just better.

SEC: Kentucky - Ahh, my favorite part. We're clearly the most talented team. Tennessee and Mississippi State have talent however we have two players who could easily be SEC POY in Patterson and Wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
            Big 10: Michigan State - Izzo gets it done, coming off a Final Four, they lose some players but retain one of the best coaches in the nation. Would not surprise me to see Purdue win it.
            Right state, wrong team. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              Right state, wrong team. :D
              That was with me conceding that Michigan is clearly the best college basketball team ever assembled, I should've mentioned that ;)

Forgot to say, Gillispie couldn't even get the USC job... He's done, won't get a major job for another 5 years at least I'd say. I didn't realize how much of a mess it was here until all the stuff came out after he left.

Well, that and the pictures that kept showing up of him at bars. Apparently he'll only take pictures with college girls and insists on putting his beer down before a picture... lol... Smooth.

He's about to go the way of Larry Eustachy or Matt Doherty.

Comment

That was with me conceding that Michigan is clearly the best college basketball team ever assembled, I should've mentioned that ;)
                Don't let it happen again, for Manny Harris and DeShawn Sims shall smite you.

Comment

I agree, obviously as a 'Nova fan you would know best. I like Villanova to win the Big East. Jay Wright is quite the coach and Reynolds coming back is huge, veteran PG's are extremely important.

I think for all the strength the ACC and Big East had last year, they lose a step with all the players leaving.

Big East: Villanova - Many players coming off a Final Four along with one of the best recruiting classes. Syracuse losing Flynn makes this easy for me, WVU has a shot.
                  I agree the Big East and ACC will both take steps back. Love Wright as a coach and am very happy he's sticking around, and our veteran guards will have to help. Scottie may or may not really want to be here but he's played a ton and has big game experience. His shooting ability should help and hopefully NBA people game him a couple tips. Fisher would put up great numbers if Reynolds wasn't holding down the PG spot, and in all honesty I think would be better there than Reynolds but there's no way Jay is putting Scottie off the ball. That had to be promised to him before he came back since he obviously needs to work on his PG skills to make it in the NBA, though I think he ends up in Europe. Redding is a fantastic glue guy, good defender and rebounder, nice athlete, can handle the ball some, slash, spot up, and improved a ton offensively last year. I think he could take a big step forward this year. Stokes can knock down threeballs like there's no tomorrow and is a decent rebounder but doesn't provide much else at this point and hasn't developed as expected. Throw in a very talented freshman PG in Wayns along with a long, athletic Dom Cheek and our guards are solid, talented, and experienced. All of the vets have proved they can play off the ball and everyone but Stokes can handle it and bring up the rock. Plus Redding, Stokes, and Cheek can play the three if need be.

The frontcourt is where we'll take a hit with experience but may improve the overall talent level. We lose starters from last season at the 3, 4, and 5 in Anderson, Clark, and Cunningham. We'll miss Dante the most, but he was really a 4 playing the 5 spot. A fantastic player and one we'll truly miss, but he would have been better served playing the 4, particularly in the Big East. Clark also should have been playing the 3 instead of the 4 and was almost a backup, Stokes and Fisher just about as much as Clark and Anderson. He's another nice glue guy but mostly contributed defensively and on the glass, and should be relatively easy to replace. Anderson was the leader of this team and a very good rebounder and defender and could stretch the defense. He'll be missed as well, my favorite player to watch since I've been at school, he got the most out of his talent and always went balls out. The only returning frontcourt guy was Antonio Pena, who showed signs early last season but really lost confidence. He's a nice athlete with better than average touch for a college big guy and an impressive post game, but has confidence issues and still is pretty raw. He'll probably start off the season starting but unless he improves much this summer he may not do much to reach his potential, since those confidence issues really hurt him late in the year and he played nowhere near as good as he could have.

Most of the additions will be in the frontcourt. Mouph Yarou is the first legit big guy we will have had in quite some time and should be able to handle the Big East. He's a good rebounder and shot blocker who can put the ball in the bucket and has really good footwork for a raw player. I'd imagine he starts from game 1 and really gives us a presence inside on both ends that we haven't had. Isaiah Armwood is a freaky athlete who can block some shots and score getting up and down the floor, plus he's got decent touch. Really raw at this point and I'm not sure how much he's going to contribute besides living off of his athleticism in transition and on defense right now, but should get some minutes as a 3/4 guy and could develop down the road. Maybe he surprises me and makes an impact this year too. Maurice Sutton who redshirted last year is basically Armwood but a 4/5 guy instead of a 3/4 guy, a little less range but taller and still decent touch and very nice length and athleticism for his size. Not sure he'll contribute outside of how I think Armwood's going to contribute, but again he could surprise and should play some. Redshirting I'm sure helped him. Should be a great shot blocker when he gets minutes though. Last is Taylor King, transfer from Duke who probably will play mostly 3 but may slide up to play the 4 some. He's a pretty good rebounder for his size (6'6) but his calling card is shooting range. He and Stokes should really be able to stretch the floor for the other guards to slash and for the post guys like Yarou to get some space inside.

Next year as opposed to this past year we have a lot more size, length, and athleticism, particularly in the frontcourt though Cheek adds some in the back court. We'll have 9 definite rotation guys, and really should have 11 as I think Armwood and Sutton will carve out roles. Last year only 8 guys saw the floor outside of garbage time, so depth should improve significantly. Should be exciting, I expect this team to run the floor a lot and improve significantly, particularly defensively, as the season goes on.

As far as the Big East goes, everybody on 'Cuse leaving obviously really hurts them, and I think they ultimately end up slightly above average. West Virginia has a very legitimate shot to win the conference and to be quite honest I'd rather not be the favorite because they have every bit the chance that we do and I'd rather have my team be underrated than overrated. UConn will be good as always and is underrated right now, as is Georgetown. I think Monroe has a good chance to be POTY in the conference next year, he's an animal. Seton Hall should surprise but I don't think they have much of a chance to win the conference, Notre Dame is another dark horse as well though they I think they're a little better than SHU at the moment. USF is improving but still probably a couple years away, and Providence and Cincy should be somewhere around middle of the back teams again, maybe a little better or a little worse. Rutgers, DePaul, and St. Johns should be bottom half teams again as usual. Louisville will obviously take a step back along with Marquette and Pitt after losing so many key players to graduation and early entry, but are such good programs they still absolutely have a shot to be top half teams. That's my take anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    Which qualifies Villanova as Big East favorites, but not a top-5 team.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• MoMo Jones to Zona

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=10591289

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                        Wow, everything pointed to Florida. Looks like another year without the tournament, probably two if KB3 is one and done.

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                          Which qualifies Villanova as Big East favorites, but not a top-5 team.
                          I'm not saying that we're a top 5 team, but I presume that's the reasoning. I think towards the start of the season 'Nova will play like a 12-18 team and probably end up in the 6-12 range, maybe a little better if the team gels really well. A lot of emphasis I'm sure is being put on the experience at the guard spot and actually having a frontcourt with the recruits preseason, but the youth up front and losing some key players from last season will undoubtedly cause some issues.

Comment

• Lance prob to Cincy

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/06/28/l...nati/#comments

Comment

• I love it, I've always kind of liked Cincinnati, great for the program. They've been pretty mediocre since the K-Mart years.

Weird that he would pick them though with them already having a volume shooting backcourt guy in Deonta Vaughn.
                              Last edited by yo123; 06-28-2009, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Lance Stephenson to Cincy

http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?y...&oid=2&vkey=21

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information