No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Henry's really do go to UK, then they will be absolutely SIIIIICK next year.

Comment

• for the Henry's own safety they better stay away from Lawerance

Comment

• We will be insanely talented but also insanely young. Patterson is a great leader, that helps out a lot.

Henry would fill a big void of ours which is perimeter shooting with Meeks gone. Given our youth, we'll surely lose some games we shouldn't but as long as they get clicking come tournament time... We've at least got a shot at the championship game, that's all I ever ask for is a shot.

Comment

• 610 sports in KC now reporting that Henry is staying at KU... lol... What a messed up recruitment, I think they're a pretty solid source on this given they talked to his father just today. Seems the meeting by Self/Manning worked its magic.

The Kansas fans will fall in love with him again as soon as he makes his first shot, that's just how we as fans work.

Comment

• uhhh X sorry bout that crybaby primadonna statement.never doubted for a minute lol

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
              610 sports in KC now reporting that Henry is staying at KU... lol... What a messed up recruitment, I think they're a pretty solid source on this given they talked to his father just today. Seems the meeting by Self/Manning worked its magic.

The Kansas fans will fall in love with him again as soon as he makes his first shot, that's just how we as fans work.
              yeah X sent them a text saying "I'm staying at Kansas and that's final."

Comment

• according to Self he had to smooth things over more with Carl and Barbera Henry then he really did with X and CJ

Comment

• Kentucky, to nobody's surprise, is still expected to be the school to beat for Mike Gilchrist. But according to his mother he loves Villanova as well and those two seem to be at the top of the list. It's obviously still unlikely he comes to Nova, but that would be awesome.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/07/07/k...st/#more-18926

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    Kentucky, to nobody's surprise, is still expected to be the school to beat for Mike Gilchrist. But according to his mother he loves Villanova as well and those two seem to be at the top of the list. It's obviously still unlikely he comes to Nova, but that would be awesome.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/07/07/k...st/#more-18926
                    Similar thing with Syracuse and James McAdoo and LaQuinton Ross. Very random players for Syracuse to interest from (geographically at least) but who knows... When it comes to Gilchrist, I don't think any school is the team to beat for a kid who has two years of HS left. Maybe if this was the summer before his senior year...maybe.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by garrard9 View Post
                      Similar thing with Syracuse and James McAdoo and LaQuinton Ross. Very random players for Syracuse to interest from (geographically at least) but who knows... When it comes to Gilchrist, I don't think any school is the team to beat for a kid who has two years of HS left. Maybe if this was the summer before his senior year...maybe.
                      I take that back, just saw that Gilchrist's infamous unc is "Worldwide". Kentucky seems obvious now, my bad.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by garrard9 View Post
                        I take that back, just saw that Gilchrist's infamous unc is "Worldwide". Kentucky seems obvious now, my bad.
                        Yup, Memphis was obvious for awhile and now with the kinds of players Cal is bringing into Kentucky they should have a significant amount of success too so something major seemingly would need to happen for him to land anywhere else.

Comment

• Gotta say I'm pretty confident for Gilchrist. Pretty nice to know too given almost every recruiting analyst calls him the best player in HS regardless of grade.

Hope we start bringing in players for the '10 class here shortly. We'll be in need of a starting PF probably as well as someone to compete for minutes at SG.

Comment

• Any thoughts on the destination for Fab Melo?

I know Louisville and UConn found him early but Syracuse got a visit from him last month and they are currently finishing their new basketball practice facility known as "The Melo Center"

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Looking good for Louisville is the most I've been able to take in.

This guy at Dime Magazine seems to think it would be a good idea for incoming freshman to be like a FA system where colleges pay for their commitment... Talk about all time bad ideas lol. Seriously, it would without a doubt favor UK but come on.

If you feel like wasting some time, here's the link.
                              http://dimemag.com/2009/07/burn-the-ncaa-rule-book/

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                Looking good for Louisville is the most I've been able to take in.

This guy at Dime Magazine seems to think it would be a good idea for incoming freshman to be like a FA system where colleges pay for their commitment... Talk about all time bad ideas lol. Seriously, it would without a doubt favor UK but come on.

If you feel like wasting some time, here's the link.
                                http://dimemag.com/2009/07/burn-the-ncaa-rule-book/
                                Well, not just UK, it would favor any "basketball school" with deep pockets. So add Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Louisville, maybe Memphis, and Connecticut.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information