College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    What a dumbass. He could have gone to Duke, Florida, Indiana, etc., and he chose FIU. What the hell is wrong with him.
    Supposedly he and zeke have a "connection".
    sounds sketchy to me too.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

• Didn't see Ferguson to Florida International by a mile...

I don't know if it will last or how long it will last for that matter. Ferguson is literally taking a shot in the dark with this decision. He had the opportunity to go to some of the top schools but decides to go with an inexperienced newcomer at the collegiate level with the bad media baggage to go along with it?

Whatever...bad decision if you ask me.

By the way...here are my Top 10 2010 Recruits

1. Harrison Barnes G/F Iowa Uncommitted
      2. Perry Jones F/C Texas Committed to Baylor
      3. Jared Sullinger F Ohio Committed to Ohio State
      4. Brandon Knight G Florida Uncommitted
      5. Tristan Thompson F/C Texas
      6. Reggie Bullock G North Carolina Committed to North Carolina
      7. Fab Melo C Florida Committed to Syracuse
      8. Kendall Marshall G Committed to North Carolina
      9. Andre Dawkins G Virginia Committed to Duke
      10. Jelan Kendrick G/F Georgia Uncomitted

Top 5 2011 Prospects

1. Mike Gilchrist G New Jersey Uncommitted
      2. James McAdoo F Virginia Uncommitted
      3. Anthony Wroten Jr. G Uncommitted
      4. Brad Beal G Missouri Uncommitted
      5. Marquis Teague G Indiana Uncommitted
      Last edited by JFLO; 08-07-2009, 08:22 PM.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• UK's 2011 class is going to be FILTHY. Gilchrist is a nice UK lean, Marquis Teague is visiting this month, Beal is interested and on and on... 2010 might not be shabby either. Got a good shot with Adrien Payne/C.J. Leslie. Brandon Knight and Josh Selby also have very high interest in us (most think we lead for both). Recruiting is nice at UK again. We'll definitely be Point Guard U.

Ferguson cited the "ability to develop players" as one of the reasons he wants to play for Thomas... LOL... Something is definitely up from his handlers. He transferred from his school in Indiana to go to Virginia which was suspicious and now this.

He is falling down the rankings pretty hard but he'll still be a 4 star once the new ones come back out. Any commitments Thomas gets are because people are looking at him as Isaiah Thomas the PG, not the coach... Which is dumb but hey, more power to them. At best they will compete with Western Kentucky but Western owns the Sun Belt.
        Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 08-08-2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
          Recruiting is nice at UK again. We'll definitely be Point Guard U.
          Well what did you expect when you hired Calipari? The man will do anything to win. Be careful what you wish for.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

UK's 2011 class is going to be FILTHY. Gilchrist is a nice UK lean, Marquis Teague is visiting this month, Beal is interested and on and on... 2010 might not be shabby either. Got a good shot with Adrien Payne/C.J. Leslie. Brandon Knight and Josh Selby also have very high interest in us (most think we lead for both). Recruiting is nice at UK again. We'll definitely be Point Guard U.

Ferguson cited the "ability to develop players" as one of the reasons he wants to play for Thomas... LOL... Something is definitely up from his handlers. He transferred from his school in Indiana to go to Virginia which was suspicious and now this.

He is falling down the rankings pretty hard but he'll still be a 4 star once the new ones come back out. Any commitments Thomas gets are because people are looking at him as Isaiah Thomas the PG, not the coach... Which is dumb but hey, more power to them. At best they will compete with Western Kentucky but Western owns the Sun Belt.

I heard somwhere(can't remember where now) that if Knight goes to UK KU COULD be the frontrunners for Selby.and from what I also hear Knght has said he'd like to visit KU and have Self for an in-house visit

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
              Didn't see Ferguson to Florida International by a mile...

I don't know if it will last or how long it will last for that matter. Ferguson is literally taking a shot in the dark with this decision. He had the opportunity to go to some of the top schools but decides to go with an inexperienced newcomer at the collegiate level with the bad media baggage to go along with it?

Whatever...bad decision if you ask me.

By the way...here are my Top 10 2010 Recruits

1. Harrison Barnes G/F Iowa Uncommitted
              2. Perry Jones F/C Texas Committed to Baylor
              3. Jared Sullinger F Ohio Committed to Ohio State
              4. Brandon Knight G Florida Uncommitted
              5. Tristan Thompson F/C Texas
              6. Reggie Bullock G North Carolina Committed to North Carolina
              7. Fab Melo C Florida Committed to Syracuse
              8. Kendall Marshall G Committed to North Carolina
              9. Andre Dawkins G Virginia Committed to Duke
              10. Jelan Kendrick G/F Georgia Uncomitted

Top 5 2011 Prospects

1. Mike Gilchrist G New Jersey Uncommitted
              2. James McAdoo F Virginia Uncommitted
              3. Anthony Wroten Jr. G Uncommitted
              4. Brad Beal G Missouri Uncommitted
              5. Marquis Teague G Indiana Uncommitted
              1 Barnes.
              2 Knight.
              3 Will Barton.
              4 Sullinger.
              5 Thompson.
              6 Richmond
              7 Irving.
              8 Josh Smith.
              9 Perry Jones.
              10 Fab Melo.

1 Gilchrist.
              2 Austin Rivers. literally has been unstoppable this summer.
              3 Wroten.
              4 McAdoo.
              5 LaQuinton Ross. oozes potential.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                I heard somwhere(can't remember where now) that if Knight goes to UK KU COULD be the frontrunners for Selby.and from what I also hear Knght has said he'd like to visit KU and have Self for an in-house visit
                I believe KU has really come on strong as of late. They said the top 3 right now are UCONN, UK and Miami (FL) but I also read that about him wanting to talk with KU.

People keep calling Selby a 'lock' to UK but I'm not buying it. Not really sure when Knight is looking to commit. His mother is visiting the schools now, I think there's a shot he commits in the Fall which would be nice.

Comment

UK's 2011 class is going to be FILTHY. Gilchrist is a nice UK lean, Marquis Teague is visiting this month, Beal is interested and on and on... 2010 might not be shabby either. Got a good shot with Adrien Payne/C.J. Leslie. Brandon Knight and Josh Selby also have very high interest in us (most think we lead for both). Recruiting is nice at UK again. We'll definitely be Point Guard U.

UK is going to have a good class year in and year out, so having a solid class in 2011 won't be a shocker. I'd still love it if we manage to steal Gilchrist from you though ;-).

Nova has a lot of really good 2011 targets, but so many of them seem to be unlikely which kind of sucks. Gilchrist, for example, seems to obviously be a UK lean. We could land him, but at the moment it doesn't seem likely. Apparently there's some interest in his AAU teammate Rakeem Christmas, but he'll probably end up somewhere else and I don't know how mutual it is. Same deal with Beal and LeBryan Nash, I don't think Beal is even listing us right now and I'm not sure on Nash but some fans are still hopeful for those two, particularly Beal who I think is incredibly unlikely. Best shot is probably for Wroten who keeps listing us among his favorite schools, but even that's probably not going to happen. I guess going after so many of these top guys gives a better chance of somebody if you can recruit them all hard though.

Would be amazing for us to land one or two of those top 10 guys, hopefully we come out of nowhere and steal somebody. More success next year is bound to help, so hopefully the season goes as well as some are predicting. Two 2011 guys we have interest in who seem to have interest in us are Trevor Cooney and Sterling Gibbs. Both are ranked pretty low by Rivals, but ESPN likes Cooney. Either would be a decent compliment to one of the higher level guys we're recruiting if we land them, but alone they wouldn't make for much of a class.

Comment

• Harrison Barnes dropped 46 and 14 the other day against Serbia...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Beal's a UF lean with KU a close second. I don't think UK has much of a shot.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Rakeem Christmas, a big who is ranked #6 in the class of 2011, is down to 8 schools officially. Just thought it was worth interesting because of how diverse the schools are. Baylor, Florida, Georgetown, Indiana, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, and Villanova make up the list. So he's considering three Big 12 schools, two Big 10 schools, two Big East schools, and one SEC school. Plus most of the schools are in the midwest area, generally closer to the east besides the Big 12 schools, with half of the 8 more north and half of the 8 more south. I'm obviously hoping he selects 'Nova, but his recrutiment should be interesting to follow regardless.

Comment

• Was actually surprised to see him cut UK so quickly. Nova and UK are looking very nice for the 2011 class.

Comment

Was actually surprised to see him cut UK so quickly. Nova and UK are looking very nice for the 2011 class.
                            Apparently it had nothing to do with Cal who he apparently liked, but more with the system. If he's not confident in his skill level yet it does make a little sense, since Cal seems to like guys who can handle the ball a little more in the system. I was definitely suprised as well though.

Both looking pretty good right now, but before most people commit and you're looking at who's considering your school it's a lot easier to look good ;-) Guess at least one is probably going to have a really good class with Gilchrist who probably won't end up anywhere but UK and if he does it should be Nova. I think Kentucky's basically guaranteed to have a good class and land some solid players, 'Nova could just fall completely off the map with some of the guys but I think we're basically done with 2010 now outside of a couple guys so maybe concentrating on 2011 will be beneficial.

Comment

• Oh that crazy Rick Pitino.
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                                Oh that crazy Rick Pitino.
                                ther is no way any parent lets their kid go to play for him now.might have to resign

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information