College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
    Something I find funny about this is they did it at the restaurant. Nobody even mentioned how idiotic that is. Hey Coach, is that smart? Could you imagine the controversy if he was caught even then? That's a big risk.
    The restaurant was closed.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• The new ESPNU 100:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...ker%2fespnu100

How do you put in another title for a link, because that thing is monstrous...

Anyway, I have no problem with that Top 10 at all, but ESPN is absolutely in love with Tobias Harris and rightly so, he is a great overall forward, hopefully UCONN bound.

Also, it's about time Kendall Marshall gets some love, the dude is the most underrated player in this class, at least IMO.
      Last edited by JFLO; 08-13-2009, 07:04 PM.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
        The new ESPNU 100:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...ker%2fespnu100

How do you put in another title for a link, because that thing is monstrous...

Anyway, I have no problem with that Top 10 at all, but ESPN is absolutely in love with Tobias Harris and rightly so, he is a great overall forward, hopefully UCONN bound.

Also, it's about time Kendall Marshall get's some love, the dude is the most underrated player in this class, at least IMO.
        i never really bought into the perry jones hype. i just dont see him top 3. also tristan being out of the top 10 is a crime. we all know its because of what happened at St Ben's, but talent wise, he is at least a top 5 player.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by StackJaxx View Post
          i never really bought into the perry jones hype. i just dont see him top 3. also tristan being out of the top 10 is a crime. we all know its because of what happened at St Ben's, but talent wise, he is at least a top 5 player.
          I agree with Thompson...he is an Amare Stoudemire clone. Once he is able to adapt to the muscle that he supposedly just put on, he should be unstoppable.

He, as well as Perry Jones have the most potential out of any player in this class.

Comment

I agree with Thompson...he is an Amare Stoudemire clone. Once he is able to adapt to the muscle that he supposedly just put on, he should be unstoppable.

He, as well as Perry Jones have the most potential out of any player in this class.
            Perry has a high ceiling, but its not Sidney high.
            Am i the only one that is not blown away by Jared Sullinger? i watched him play for Ohio All Red, and i came away pretty meh. he looked good, but no the force that he is advertised as.
            also. Tarik Black is a monster. he shut josh smith down so viciously.
            joe jackson needs to be higher as well, he murdered people at the super 64.
            tobias needs to be hella lower, just because he is gonna go to UCONN doesn't mean he is a top 10 player.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

Perry has a high ceiling, but its not Sidney high.
              Am i the only one that is not blown away by Jared Sullinger? i watched him play for Ohio All Red, and i came away pretty meh. he looked good, but no the force that he is advertised as.
              also. Tarik Black is a monster. he shut josh smith down so viciously.
              joe jackson needs to be higher as well, he murdered people at the super 64.
              tobias needs to be hella lower, just because he is gonna go to UCONN doesn't mean he is a top 10 player.
              I hope you don't mean Renardo Sidney do you?

Also, I live about 2 miles away from where Sullinger plays high school basketball, so I have seen him up front a couple times and here more publicity on him than any other player in this years class. The thing with Sullinger is that he has been without a doubt the most consistent player in the past six months for this years class. He doesn't have as high as a ceiling as Jones or Thompson, but he can contribute right away without having to worry about a delay.

He doesn't have freakish athletic ability, but the guy is the best player down low offensively and is arguably the most consistent and best rebounder in the class.

Chances are he is not going to be a lottery pick in a year or two, but he will get drafted and you probably won't have to worry about him being out of the league playing in Europe in about 5 years.

In the NBA, I think he has a solid future as a role player early on, possibly as a decent player to rely on as a starter.

I agree that Tobias Harris should be lower, but he is still a Top 20 player nonetheless. He's a lot more athletic than people perceive and is a great low post scorer for being 6'8" and 200 pounds.

Comment

I hope you don't mean Renardo Sidney do you?

Also, I live about 2 miles away from where Sullinger plays high school basketball, so I have seen him up front a couple times and here more publicity on him than any other player in this years class. The thing with Sullinger is that he has been without a doubt the most consistent player in the past six months for this years class. He doesn't have as high as a ceiling as Jones or Thompson, but he can contribute right away without having to worry about a delay.

He doesn't have freakish athletic ability, but the guy is the best player down low offensively and is arguably the most consistent and best rebounder in the class.

Chances are he is not going to be a lottery pick in a year or two, but he will get drafted and you probably won't have to worry about him being out of the league playing in Europe in about 5 years.

In the NBA, I think he has a solid future as a role player early on, possibly as a decent player to rely on as a starter.

I agree that Tobias Harris should be lower, but he is still a Top 20 player nonetheless. He's a lot more athletic than people perceive and is a great low post scorer for being 6'8" and 200 pounds.
                I see a lot of horford in him potential wise, you know what you get, and he will perform. but, i dont call that top 2 material. to be to 3 you have to have be a serious NBA guy. and i see sullinger as a solid role player in the NBA, but never a star.

yes, i do mean sidney. i had to play him 3 times. honestly, hands down the best player potential wise i have seen or ever had to guard. when he wants to play, he can literally do whatever he wants. see the all american game, scored like 10 points in about 4 possessions then went silent, scored at will on the best players in the country. i'm not one of his proponents, but if he ever wants to play. he ceiling is unmatched in the past 3-5 years.

oh and for the record, dwayne polee is more athletic than demar.
                Last edited by StackJaxx; 08-13-2009, 07:33 PM.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

• Royce Wooldrige...remember the name

Comment

• Most of these "scouts" will rank players as they seem them contributing in college basketball and Jared Sullinger is that type of compact post player that always makes a huge impact at the collegiate level. He has the game of Hansbrough and DeJuan Blair, just not as physical as those two, definitely more of a finesse player.

However, he needs to improve his physicality around the basket though...if he could manage to spark up a sort of physical demeanor around the hoop, then he could potentially be a better player.

I would have to give the nod to Sullinger's potential at the collegiate level and probably the pro potential to Sidney, but Sullinger's mental and fundamental game are a lot better than Sidney possess'. Sidney has a long way to go before reaching his potential at the NBA level.

Comment

Most of these "scouts" will rank players as they seem them contributing in college basketball and Jared Sullinger is that type of compact post player that always makes a huge impact at the collegiate level. He has the game of Hansbrough and DeJuan Blair, just not as physical as those two, definitely more of a finesse player.

However, he needs to improve his physicality around the basket though...if he could manage to spark up a sort of physical demeanor around the hoop, then he could potentially be a better player.

I would have to give the nod to Sullinger's potential at the collegiate level and probably the pro potential to Sidney, but Sullinger's mental and fundamental game are a lot better than Sidney possess'. Sidney has a long way to go before reaching his potential at the NBA level.
                      something that i noticed about sullinger i really liked was that he has that dejuan blair thing, where the ball just magically winds up in his hands. i see him as a really solid college guy. 2 years maybe 3 at tOSU. as a star pro is a stretch.

sidney wont be a great college player. but he will go off at least three times in his 1 year career. he'll go in the teens, and in the right system he could be a star. im talking serious superstar. im looking at you pistons.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

something that i noticed about sullinger i really liked was that he has that dejuan blair thing, where the ball just magically winds up in his hands. i see him as a really solid college guy. 2 years maybe 3 at tOSU. as a star pro is a stretch.

sidney wont be a great college player. but he will go off at least three times in his 1 year career. he'll go in the teens, and in the right system he could be a star. im talking serious superstar. im looking at you pistons.
                        Bound for the Warriors, haha!

Another player I really like is Adrien Payne

Absolute beast down low defensively with a developing offensive game to go along with it. He has about the same offensive game as Hasheem Thabeet did his sophomore season, which means something if he can stay in college for 2-4 years. I think if he ends up at West Virginia under Huggins, he could develop into a lottery pick.

Comment

Absolute beast down low defensively with a developing offensive game to go along with it. He has about the same offensive game as Hasheem Thabeet did his sophomore season, which means something if he can stay in college for 2-4 years. I think if he ends up at West Virginia under Huggins, he could develop into a lottery pick.
                          im worried about world wide wes getting involved with payne

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Absolute beast down low defensively with a developing offensive game to go along with it. He has about the same offensive game as Hasheem Thabeet did his junior season, which means something if he can stay in college for 2-4 years. I think if he ends up at West Virginia under Huggins, he could develop into a lottery pick.
                            the universe would explode if that happened. we would have the craziest lineup ever. randolph. wright. sidney. oh god.

Payne is very solid.
                            joe jackson will be a god at memphis.
                            gary franklin jr to ucla. next defensive stud.
                            if knight goes to duke, i cry.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

the universe would explode if that happened. we would have the craziest lineup ever. randolph. wright. sidney. oh god.

Payne is very solid.
                              joe jackson will be a god at memphis.
                              gary franklin jr to ucla. next defensive stud.
                              if knight goes to duke, i cry.
                              I'm a pretty big Joe Jackson fan too, at least his collegiate potential. His offensive game for supposedly being 5'11" is unreal.

I don't know where Knight goes, I really haven't kept up with him since he injured his hand.

Comment

I'm a pretty big Joe Jackson fan too, at least his collegiate potential. His offensive game for supposedly being 5'11" is unreal.

I don't know where Knight goes, I really haven't kept up with him since he injured his hand.

filthy.
                                and he message he sent to scout, so much swag. and then lived up to it.
                                im glad that he understands he can thrive in those fast systems. MEMPHIS.
                                barton + jackson= scary as hell.
                                until knight learns his left hand exists, he wont be truly ridiculous.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information