Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34
    Originally posted by cardsalltheway
    Did anybody watch the IU game? Those were honestly the worst refs I have ever seen in my life.
    Not as bad as your team looked last night though.

The balls were going both ways though. But yes, they were terrible refs.

A few things I noticed about IU. And I know it's only the first game but here's what I noticed:
    I didn't say that is why we played bad, because it was going both ways. Those refs were just terrible, I hope they aren't back tonight.

1) If DJ White goes out you guys are in TROUBLE!
    Very true. We are not deep at all in big men.

2) You can't play man to man defense to save your lives. UL was slicing through you guys like swiss cheese. Although I will say you played better D in the last 5 minutes.
    The team came out completely flat and just assumed that Lafayette would lay down. We have a pretty quick team and I think as the season goes on, the defense will drastically improve from what it was last night because of how much Sampson stresses good defense.

3) Besides Calloway I don't fear any of the guards on your team scoring wise. Wilmont needs a kick out because he can't get his own shot, at least from what I saw.
    Most of are guards are shooters rather than scorers but I would look out for AJ Ratliff. He had a great Freshman season but suffered a hand injury last year that completely messed up his shooting and from what I saw of him last night he seems like he will be back this year.

5) You don't have any "quality" bigs besides DJ White. Well I guess Mike White is ok but that'll be a problem this year for you guys
    Our three other big men that will see quality time this season are Ben Allen, Lance Stemler and Mike White. White and Stemler are JUCO's and should improve as the season progresses and Allen, well I don't know what to think about him. He came from Australia last year and hyped himself up with the media and made us think he was something. He wasn't. He is a Dirk Nowitzki style big man and we had him playing inside a lot last year and he was just too scrawny. Over the off-season he put on 30-40 pounds in muscle and it will be interesting to see how he plays this year. Obviously our main weakness is in the post, just like last year.

6) You have about 3 or 4 athletic guys on your entire team. I think that poses a problem against a team as say Ohio State or a really athletic team.
    Calloway, Ratliff, Wilmont, Armon Bassett, Joey Shaw, Lance Stemler and what little I've seen of Xavier Keeling, are all athletic players but I see what you mean, we have a lot more shooters than scorers.

7) You don't have a true PG in your lineup. I don't see anyone on the floor who can run that offense. Calloway is more of a 2 then a 1, and the lack of a PG will hurt you.
    Calloway is a true point guard and I'm assuming you're saying that he is not judging only from last night. When he got his chance to start at the end of last year, the supporing cast was playing well and we had a great post player in at most times which made it so he didn't have to do so much on his own like he was forced to last night.

Comment

• I'm love/hate with Knight but I definitely do not think he should be reprimanded for what he did last night. He was simply getting the players attention. If he had actually hit him it would be a different story but he didn't so I see nothing wrong. If a coach that did not have the history that Knight has I don't think this would be even close to as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by eazyb81
        Originally posted by T-RICH49
        Originally posted by GB12
        I'll go with UNC, Ohio State, Kansas, and Wisconsin. Both Big Ten teams lose so It's UNC VS Kansas with Kansas winning
        That would be sweet.As I speak for all KU fans it would be great to beat Ol Roy for the title
        Jeez, after the past few years, you would think KU fans would stop looking past the 1st round.

Bucknell, Bradley....who's next, Buffalo?
        yes, actually

(I miss Turner Battle)

Comment

• jamar smith is out 4-6 weeks, and it hurts even more because dumbass rich mcbride got a DUI and is out for 3 more games.

Comment

• Originally posted by LtisNo1
            jamar smith is out 4-6 weeks, and it hurts even more because dumbass rich mcbride got a DUI and is out for 3 more games.
            And Randle is likely out a week. Man, talk about no luck. Oh well though, at least this is only non-conference. Get em healthy and get em back for conference.

But damn; 3 of our best players out right now. Yikes. :shock:

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12
              off topic but do you get the Buffalo-Wisconsin game saturday on local TV? The only way I can see it is by ESPNU, which I dont have.
              The UB court/complex is ridiculously nice.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• I like KU to win it all this year. They have great depth at guard and forward, and when they get Kaun back they will have somewhat of an inside presence.

Guard Russell Robinson- One of the more underrated players in the country in my opinion. He's mad better decisions and has improved his outside game.

Guard Sharron Collins- He small, but he can straight play. He's great from behind the arc and isn't scared to go up with anyone.

Guard Mario Chalmers- He can obviosuly shoot from beyond the arc. He's been playing great D and can take it too the hole. Needs to work on decision making.

Forward Brandon Rush- Need I say more. He's a player can do everything. If he stops being so passive he could be the one of the top players in the countries.

Forward Julian Wright- probably the best overall player on the team. I think he might be the best passer, rebounder, defender on this team. He's not a great shooter, but if we can get 12 points 9 rebounds 6 assists and steal and a couple blocks he's doing his job.

Forward Darrell Arthur- Freshman phenom. He has a thin fram, but has great turn-around and is very good beyond the arc. He is very good rebounder also.

Center Darrell Jackson- He's really the only "big body" they have until Kaun gets back. He is a good defender and rebounder. Not much of a shooter, but can get his points in the paint.

Center Sasha Kaun- Another underrated player. He plays with alot of passion, but is inconsistent.
                Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ho0k Em'
                  I like KU to win it all this year. They have great depth at guard and forward, and when they get Kaun back they will have somewhat of an inside presence.

Guard Russell Robinson- One of the more underrated players in the country in my opinion. He's mad better decisions and has improved his outside game.

Guard Sharron Collins- He small, but he can straight play. He's great from behind the arc and isn't scared to go up with anyone.

Guard Mario Chalmers- He can obviosuly shoot from beyond the arc. He's been playing great D and can take it too the hole. Needs to work on decision making.

Forward Brandon Rush- Need I say more. He's a player can do everything. If he stops being so passive he could be the one of the top players in the countries.

Forward Julian Wright- probably the best overall player on the team. I think he might be the best passer, rebounder, defender on this team. He's not a great shooter, but if we can get 12 points 9 rebounds 6 assists and steal and a couple blocks he's doing his job.

Forward Darrell Arthur- Freshman phenom. He has a thin fram, but has great turn-around and is very good beyond the arc. He is very good rebounder also.

Center Darrell Jackson- He's really the only "big body" they have until Kaun gets back. He is a good defender and rebounder. Not much of a shooter, but can get his points in the paint.

Center Sasha Kaun- Another underrated player. He plays with alot of passion, but is inconsistent.
                  The sad fact is that Bill Self probably won't win with all that talent. He's yet to do anything at KU besides lose twice in the 1st round the last two seasons. IMO he's a very overrated coach, but that's me.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
                    Originally posted by GB12
                    off topic but do you get the Buffalo-Wisconsin game saturday on local TV? The only way I can see it is by ESPNU, which I dont have.
                    The UB court/complex is ridiculously nice.
                    that it is

Comment

Originally posted by Ho0k Em'
                      I like KU to win it all this year. They have great depth at guard and forward, and when they get Kaun back they will have somewhat of an inside presence.

The sad fact is that Bill Self probably won't win with all that talent. He's yet to do anything at KU besides lose twice in the 1st round the last two seasons. IMO he's a very overrated coach, but that's me.
                      Probably, but he's a great recruiter. Aren't you an Illinois fan. He did pretty good in Illinois with less talent than this didn't he?
                      Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ho0k Em'
                        Originally posted by sweetness34

Probably, but he's a great recruiter. Aren't you an Illinois fan. He did pretty good in Illinois with less talent than this didn't he?
                        He choked in the Elite 8 against Arizona when we should've been in the Final 4. I can't stand the guy personally. I don't think they'll win the Nat'l Championship this season; but with all that talent I find it hard to believe that even his clueless coaching will prevent them from going far into the tournament.

Also, he blackballed us in recruiting after he left. Talking bad things about Illinois to try and lure recruits to Illinois. Which is another reason why I can't stand the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by LtisNo1
                          jamar smith is out 4-6 weeks, and it hurts even more because dumbass rich mcbride got a DUI and is out for 3 more games.
                          And Randle is likely out a week. Man, talk about no luck. Oh well though, at least this is only non-conference. Get em healthy and get em back for conference.

who do you think will start in place of them, trent and brock

Comment

True...Self is a great recruiter, but a weak coach. I don't think KU can out-talent their way to a national championship.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by LtisNo1
                              Originally posted by sweetness34
                              Originally posted by LtisNo1

who do you think will start in place of them, trent and brock
                              Meachem will start for Smith and Carter will start for Randle. At least that's what most are thinking. Brock will get a lot of minutes off the bench but he played VERY WELL last night.

Carter has a lot of potential to give us big minutes this season as well. Just get us to 3-0 here and get Randle back first, then McBride comes back a game after that, and then we'll have to wait 3 more weeks for Jamar.

Comment

• DJ White can't stay out of foul trouble again, and that's against an undersized Butler team. Pruitt is going to be licking his chops against DJ on the offensive end.

Wilmont, Calloway, White, and Bassett are pretty good players. White and Calloway are definitely their go-to-guys. But outside of that, yuck. Two big white guys I've been severly unimpressed with. And the other players they have, have struggled so far as well.

The secret to beating IU. Attack White all day long, pressure defense, and run them all day long. Because their guys sdo not get back, especially their bigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information