• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    Titletown (and any other Duke followers):

http://deadspin.com/5384442/duke-is-...e-melodramatic

What the **** is that?
    Hahahah lmfao ummm I watched that on the Duke rivals site and was left smh. Love Duke but Nolan was looking too questionable in that skit.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• JayVaughn Pinkston, the NY forward who is ranked all over the place (#67 in the Rivals 150, unranked in the ESPN100, #36 on Scout), seems to be a Villanova lean.

Unclear whether he makes a decision where he's going to play in the fall or the spring, but apparently he had a fantastic in home with Jay Wright a few weeks ago and his AAU coach was recently quoted as saying, "I think that Villanova is probably the perfect scenario for a kid like JayVaughn and many other kids in New York City, a place where winning has been there. A great academic institution. The coaching…But his options are still open.”

Not exactly an elite prospect or a five star but he's a really good player who would be a nice add to the 2010 recruiting class. Think he's a good fit for 'Nova who has been after him for quite some time and the coaching staff can get him more perimeter oriented which is good for him if he wants a chance to play in the NBA because it's tough to make it as a 6'5, 6'6 PF no matter how good you are. Not everybody is DeJuan Blair, Pinkston doesn't have his beef anyway although apparently he does have one hell of a motor and is a load down low. Still isn't going to be Blair though, so he'll have to transition to the 3 at some point if he wants to play in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
        Five-star forward Terrence Jones of Portland, Ore., has trimmed his list to five and is no longer considering Arizona or Kansas.

Jones will choose from among Oklahoma, Washington, UCLA, Kentucky and Oregon, according to his mother, Linda Mashia-Jones.
        dang it that's disappointing

Comment

• Kyrie Irving will apparently commit to Duke later this week. Big for them, and it has to be a disappointment for the schools that didn't land him, particularly those who thought they were going to get visits and didn't.

Comment

• So excited Kyrie is coming to Duke. Hopefully the recruiting dominoes will fall now.

Comment

• Well, I'm bored and want to talk college basketball.

I am always interested in looking into the top conferences before each season. If I had to, I would go like this:

1. Big 10 - They have arguably 5 top 20 teams (Illinois is close as well). One coming off a national runner up and Purdue having the most continuity of any team in basketball IMO. Good quality and depth, both important for having a top conference.

2. Big 12 - Kansas is the pretty much unanimous #1 team. Bring back a team that made a solid run last year and add Henry to one of their lone weak spots. Texas is one of the most talented teams in the country, even though Barnes is awful. Willie Warren may be a POTY candidate on a solid Oklahoma team. K-State and TAMU are decent teams, very good quality league. I am tempted to put them one but the Big 10 is just too deep.

T-3: ACC and SEC. Both feature elite talent teams (UNC/UK), top 15 caliber teams (Clemson/Tennessee) and some decent depth. Georgia Tech and Ole Miss are two teams that could surprise in the conference. Mississippi State should be solid as well as Duke.

5: Big East: Not much for depth but have very solid teams in Villanova, UCONN and WVU. Lack the elite type of team to be 'the' conference. Happens every year, a conference is loaded then all the talent heads to greener pastures.

6. Pac-10: Normally I call them underrated but this year they just aren't much. Washington should be pretty solid as well as Cal however there just isn't much for depth. UCLA has fallen off a bit which really hurts.
              Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 10-21-2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• How does everyone see Penn State doing? They should've made the tourny last year, but won the NIT. They lost a real good player in Cornley, but I believe they could make a run at the B11, although Michigan State is probably the team to beat. Would Taylor Battle be the B11 player of the year?

Comment

• Taylor Battle always gives you a chance. IMO he's the best player in the conference (with Turner right behind him). He has to carry his team a majority of the time and really doesn't get much respect.

That being said I don't see much depth on Penn State. The Big 10 is a pretty damn strong conference this year. MSU is loaded, Purdue is really good, Ohio state has as **** load of talent, Wisconsin is always solid, Minnesota could make a statement, can't count out Michigan with Manny Harris, and I think Illinois has the potential to be really good.

Should be interesting to see how things shake out this year.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Watch out for Scottie Reynolds to be much more athletic this year. I'm just basing this off of a clip I saw of players prepping for our dunk contest so take it for what it's worth, but he looked to have some decent hops which I've frankly never seen from him. He's a tremendous player, but barely every dunks in games if at all, so to see him show a little more athleticism was encouraging. He obviously worked hard on his athleticism to try and have a better shot to get into the NBA next year, it'll be interesting to see how it translate to college games this year.

Also, Isaiah Armwood is a pretty incredible athlete. He could be a guy to watch out for in the next couple of years.

Comment

• Kentucky's coming to MSG December 9th to play UCONN. I'm definitely getting tickets to this, I can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                        Kentucky's coming to MSG December 9th to play UCONN. I'm definitely getting tickets to this, I can't wait.
                        I envy you. I tried to get SEC tournament tickets but they were gone in hours.

I'll be going down there and scalping some though, can't freaking wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          I envy you. I tried to get SEC tournament tickets but they were gone in hours.

I'll be going down there and scalping some though, can't freaking wait.
                          Yeah I'm so excited, living in New York I don't frequently get the opportunity to see them play so this is awesome. Plus it's a great game against UCONN.

Comment

• Achraf Yacoubou, a 2011 guard who plays at Long Island Lutheran, (#30 ESPN, #76 Rivals, #69 Scout) commits to Villanova. Kind of unexpected that it came before Hoops Mania this Friday. His top 3 were 'Nova, UConn, and Kentucky and he visited Kentucky for Midnight Madness but I guess 'Nova is where he wants to be.

Could be a late riser, nice to have a 2011 commit too.

Comment

• Tobias Harris will announce on November 19th.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                                Tobias Harris will announce on November 19th.
                                Lives like 20 minutes away from me, seen him play, he is just a boss.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information