No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what exactly is the CBI? This season preview mag I bought kept bringing it up like it was some sort of honor to make the CBI.

Comment

• cbi is the 3rd postseason tourney, behind the nit

and adrien payne to announce thurs/fri; should be wvu

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
        cbi is the 3rd postseason tourney, behind the nit

and adrien payne to announce thurs/fri; should be wvu
        There is also the CIT now. Bradley, the rival school of Illinois State in which I attend, were in the inaugural of all 3 or something like that.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• I think Cincinnati can be very solid. Especially since the Big East lost so much talent last year. Nice mix of talent and experience.

John Wall is absolutely nasty. He will be the most exciting player in college basketball AND HES ON MY FAVORITE TEAM WOOOOOHOOOOOO.

Comment

• Reading a surprising amount of rumblings that peg Payne to MSU.

Comment

• Hope that Payne commits to us. Huggins has this team deep were poised to contend for the big east title and go far in the tournament. Ebanks is a nasty all around player.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
              12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• First Coaches Poll of the season

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings?pollId=2

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• I'll never understand why Butler is always ranked so high to start the season. Wake Forest deserves to be ranked in my opinion as they have the deepest front court with Aminu, Ty Walker, Chas McFarland, and Tony Woods.

Also, hooray for Maryland at 26!

Comment

• I'm surprised that there are 6 Big East teams in the poll. Not so sure I'd have Louisville or Syracuse in the top 25 right now after what those teams lost. Both are obviously very talented and have good coaches, but I think at this rate top 25 is pushing it a bit and there are probably some more deserving teams.

Just seems like a little bias for the Big East to me, most previous polls had 3 or 4 teams in the top 25. We'll see though, obviously tough to count out teams with their talent and those two coaches.

Comment

• Looking like Payne will go to MSU, still holding out hope that the rumors aren't true.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• As a fan of Payne, I wouldn't mind him going to WVU or MSU...I think he would be fantastic at both schools.

I think he ends up at MSU, but that is just me.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Although nobody has clear info it is almost a lock that he is going to MSU which really makes me mad I really thought we were going to get him ahhhh.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• as of last night, huggins believed he was coming to wvu

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• My Initial 2010 Top Ten Prospects for the NBA Draft...

1. John Wall Point Guard Kentucky
                              ---Wall is comparable to former Kentucky point guard, Rajon Rondo, but is much more developed and stronger than Rondo was as a freshman in Lexington.

2. Ed Davis Power Forward North Carolina
                              ---Davis is developing an offensive game but has proven to be a tremendous presence on the defensive side of the ball and also is a very consistent rebounder.

3. Derrick Favors Power Forward Georgia Tech
                              ---This freshman has a mature offensive game for his age while still maintaining the toughness to be a legit threat inside at the next level.

5. Dontas Montiejunas Power Forward Lithuania
                              ---A very athletic big man who can run the floor and be a threat from both the inside and out. Comparable to Dirk Nowitzki.

6. Willie Warren Guard Oklahoma
                              ---Warren has a great stroke but also possesses great intangibles, especially when it counts. He needs to be more team minded though when running the floor.

7. Devin Ebanks Forward West Virginia
                              ---A versatile scorer whose tremendous wingspan poses problems for almost every match up against him.

8. Greg Monroe Power Forward George Town
                              ---Monroe has a very mature game for his age and has a very high basketball I.Q..

9. Terrico White Guard Ole Miss
                              ---Shot on the scene during the summer while playing for the U-19 team and really showed off his versatility and physicality on the court.

10. Craig Brackins Forward Iowa State
                              ---A very versatile scorer who hasn't stopped developing since arriving in Ames.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                                as of last night, huggins believed he was coming to wvu
                                I've also heard that he hasn't contacted any of the coaching staff today which would not be a good sign since his is committing at 6 tonight. I would love to eat some crow though.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information