Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    The similarities are definitely there.

    By the way Evan Turner has 12 points 12 rebounds and 8 assists at halftime. Such a beast.
    I wish I could watch that game

    Comment


    • Best thing about North Carolina- FIU game?

      Rob Stone is announcing.

      Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

      Comment


      • Evan Turner with a season opening triple double

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          Evan Turner with a season opening triple double
          WOW....BEAST

          Comment


          • He was teammates with McCamey at St. Joseph's and was really close to committing to Illinois before deciding on Ohio State. Turner is one of my favorite prospects for next years draft because of his versatility and explosiveness offensively.


            Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

            Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

            Comment


            • Overall I wasn't really impressed with UNC. I realize they are a very young team and will eventually settle down but it seemed like they were way too anxious out there and made a lot of sloppy turnovers. This looks like a good team to me but I don't think they are Championship Contenders

              Comment


              • UNC is a team to watch out for at the end of the year if they can gain chemistry. It's going to take a while for their youth to get experience but they have some serious talent. I love Deon Thompson. Ed Davis looks like a stud (once he puts on more weight), Ginyard is healthy, and Larry Drew is going to be a heckuva point guard.

                We'll see what kind of coach Roy Williams is now that he's missing two of the best players in college basketball from last year.


                Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                Comment


                • UNC is sick talented, but very inexperienced. I love Larry Drew, great pure point guard and down low with Thompson, Davis, and Zeller there isn't many front courts that can compete with that.

                  Comment


                  • Syracuse is going to be in a lot of trouble if they can't start hitting free throws. 48% as a team is just bad.

                    Comment


                    • UCLA (Not UW) Signs Josh Smith today.

                      Boo Josh Smith.
                      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                      Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                      Comment


                      • I was at the Ohio State game yesterday and all I have to say is Alcorn State is AWFUL!

                        There was a time span where they had at least 10 turnovers in around 4-5 minutes..just sloppy play.

                        However, Evan Turner looks even better this year. He looks like he has worked on his body a lot as well.

                        One thing to watch out for is Ohio State's bench. They may not have the one player who can come off of the bench and have a 10/5 night but they have 3 or 4 players who can come off and get at least 8/4...they are deeper than some people perceive.

                        Anways, Evan Turner put on a complete show last night and hopefully, as a current student he'll continue that.

                        BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                          Overall I wasn't really impressed with UNC. I realize they are a very young team and will eventually settle down but it seemed like they were way too anxious out there and made a lot of sloppy turnovers. This looks like a good team to me but I don't think they are Championship Contenders
                          I think I agree with this thought on UNC's performance last night. I didn't expect them to look like last year's national champions, but I thought they would handle FIU better than what they did. Maybe FIU is better than some people think.

                          I'm sure the team chemistry will immensely improve as the season moves along (after all, it is only one game) and I think they are a Top 5-8 team by season's end.

                          I'm interested to see how Larry Drew does throughout the season.

                          BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                            I think I agree with this thought on UNC's performance last night. I didn't expect them to look like last year's national champions, but I thought they would handle FIU better than what they did. Maybe FIU is better than some people think.

                            I'm sure the team chemistry will immensely improve as the season moves along (after all, it is only one game) and I think they are a Top 5-8 team by season's end.

                            I'm interested to see how Larry Drew does throughout the season.
                            I'd agree with top 5-8 because I feel Texas, Kansas, Michigan State, and Kentucky are all above them in terms of contenders. I'd group UNC with Villanova, West Virginia, and Ohio State in that next tier

                            Oh and am I the only one who thinks the Wear twins are horribly overrated? I feel they are nothing more than a novelty act because they are twins and they'll never really be contributors.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                              I'd agree with top 5-8 because I feel Texas, Kansas, Michigan State, and Kentucky are all above them in terms of contenders. I'd group UNC with Villanova, West Virginia, and Ohio State in that next tier

                              Oh and am I the only one who thinks the Wear twins are horribly overrated? I feel they are nothing more than a novelty act because they are twins and they'll never really be contributors.
                              You are not.

                              The interesting thing about the top teams right now is about half of those teams are a little younger and half of them are more experienced, but they are evenly split between your first and second tiers. I'd imagine a few of those top 8 teams are going to slip down a little after losing some early season games that they shouldn't, but could come on strong in March. My 'Nova Wildcats for one are a team in that top 8 that I'm nearly positive will have at least one pretty bad non-conference loss.

                              Comment


                              • My buddy at UC just gave me tickets to the UCONN at Cincy game on December 30th...tis going to be awesome

                                Plus, It is right in the middle of X-Mas break, so I won't have to worry about missing class.

                                BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information