No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's one minute and 39 seconds in and Drew Gordon has missed about 500 shots.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
      Alex Orakhi looks awful so far in this game for UCONN.

On the good side though, Jim Calhoun hasn't burst a blood vessel yet.
      Not really. He turned the ball over a couple times and didn't score much but he's playing out of position right now since Ater Majok isn't able to play until December. Right now he just needs to rebound for us and he's doing a good job of that.

On another note, Stanley Robinson is awesome. He is such an athletic freak. 6'8 with super long arms and he can jump incredibly high. If he keeps playing like this I could easily see him becoming a first round pick in the NBA draft. Ideally he's a project guy who needs to work on his shooting but can dunk and play defense.

He'd be perfect in New Orleans. Paul would salivate being able to throw alley oops to Robinson.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
        Not really. He turned the ball over a couple times and didn't score much but he's playing out of position right now since Ater Majok isn't able to play until December. Right now he just needs to rebound for us and he's doing a good job of that.

On another note, Stanley Robinson is awesome. He is such an athletic freak. 6'8 with super long arms and he can jump incredibly high. If he keeps playing like this I could easily see him becoming a first round pick in the NBA draft. Ideally he's a project guy who needs to work on his shooting but can dunk and play defense.

He'd be perfect in New Orleans. Paul would salivate being able to throw alley oops to Robinson.

New Orleans already did the whole athlete who can't hit a shot outside of 5 feet thing with Julian Wright.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          New Orleans already did the whole athlete who can't hit a shot outside of 5 feet thing with Julian Wright.
          No offense to Julian Wright but he and Robinson aren't really that similar. Robinson has shown the ability early in the year to knock down threes and make jump shots which would be a huge addition to his game.

Plus I don't think Wright can run the floor like Robinson can. Nor can he jump like Robinson. The only real similarity is that they both can finish at the rim.
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I'd take Stanley Robinson in Washington if we ended up with a late lottery selection.

Comment

• UCLA is looking absolutely awful against Cal State Fullerton right now.

Comment

UCLA is looking absolutely awful against Cal State Fullerton right now.
                This is going to be a loooooooong season for UCLA.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  This is going to be a loooooooong season for UCLA.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised to see them miss the tournament. Just not a whole lot of offensive talent.

Fullerton isn't even good. At all.

Comment

• So....John Wall, is he legit?

Alot of hype around him, looks very explosive from what I saw and looks like he could be scary good if he develops.

Anyone have any comparisons for him? How does he stack up to prior Freshman PG's like Chris Paul or Derrick Rose?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                      It's because they lost my boy Jermain Davis!!!!!
                      That and we lost half our team (literally) in the offseason, including I believe 3 starters and a total of 5 guys that would either have started or contributed a lot of minutes this season.

Before the season I was hoping for 10 wins. I've readjusted my goals to 7 wins and 1 Big XI win.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                        That and we lost half our team (literally) in the offseason, including I believe 3 starters and a total of 5 guys that would either have started or contributed a lot of minutes this season.

Before the season I was hoping for 10 wins. I've readjusted my goals to 7 wins and 1 Big XI win.

You'll probably beat Northwestern now that Coble is done for the year.

Comment

• That game was ridiculous.

I think if I played for Miami, I would've been about 5-10 from 3 lol. UK didn't really even play that bad. Defense was so-so and offense got a little reckless at times but really I wasn't too disappointed with how they played. Miami was just out of their mind shooting the ball. The first 5 or 6 three's they made they had guys draped on them.

Cousins, Wall and Patterson took over late in the 2nd half. Darius Miller hit two big shots. It was nice to see. If we were a veteran team I'd be concerned but for a young team, a game like this is really probably a good thing in the long run. Would be good for my heart if they don't do it again lol.

Not sure where you heard about home cooking, there were a lot more fouls called on Miami but that's because all our guys did was drive to the basket and all they did was jack up 3's.

Wall gets a lot of Rose comparisons only he's just a tick quicker. Him and Bledsoe have nice mid-range shots, just need to work on the 3 ball.

Cal State Fullerton takes UCLA to OT. Nice. I will be up till the break of dawn watching all this college basketball gloriousness.

Comment

• UCLA sucks. Terrible final possession there. This game isn't even a fluke like the Kentucky game, they just aren't good.

Comment

You'll probably beat Northwestern now that Coble is done for the year.
                              I think you might overestimate this Iowa team. Wait until you see them play a game.

Our coach's 5'8 walk on son might be part of our next 3 in off the bench. You read that right.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                I think you might overestimate this Iowa team. Wait until you see them play a game.

Our coach's 5'8 walk on son might be part of our next 3 in off the bench. You read that right.
                                You certainly won't be good at all, but Matt Gatens is pretty solid and Anthony Tucker got off to a pretty good start last year before his suspension.

But yeah, if I were a Hawkeye fan I'd be rooting to just win more than 1 conference game, especially because the conference is so loaded this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information