College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    You certainly won't be good at all, but Matt Gatens is pretty solid and Anthony Tucker got off to a pretty good start last year before his suspension.

But yeah, if I were a Hawkeye fan I'd be rooting to just win more than 1 conference game, especially because the conference is so loaded this year.
    Really, my goal is to have a better record than Indiana last year. Not look like a better team, just get a better record, but I don't think it's possible.

Comment

• Are these games actually going at like 2am?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
        Not really. He turned the ball over a couple times and didn't score much but he's playing out of position right now since Ater Majok isn't able to play until December. Right now he just needs to rebound for us and he's doing a good job of that.

On another note, Stanley Robinson is awesome. He is such an athletic freak. 6'8 with super long arms and he can jump incredibly high. If he keeps playing like this I could easily see him becoming a first round pick in the NBA draft. Ideally he's a project guy who needs to work on his shooting but can dunk and play defense.

He'd be perfect in New Orleans. Paul would salivate being able to throw alley oops to Robinson.
        No, he was downright bad in the first ten minutes of the game. He had 2-3 turnovers and was playing horrible defense. He started to turn it on after that.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• curse this 24 hours of basketball...it's made me not get one minute of sleep

Comment

• Wow UCLA dropped a game.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
              Wow UCLA dropped a game.
              UCLA has like 0 talent compared to most years. Malcolm Lee is the only player on that team that's worth anything

Comment

• I'm getting pumped for Memphis vs. KU. Looking forward to Elliot Williams' debut as a Tiger.

I don't think it will be as close as some people are perceiving though..

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                  I'm getting pumped for Memphis vs. KU. Looking forward to Elliot Williams' debut as a Tiger.

I don't think it will be as close as some people are perceiving though..

I'll say Kansas by 12.

And Elliot Williams already had his debut, he had 19 against Jackson State. His transfer to Memphis was really underrated, he's going to be really good.

Comment

• http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36556

I'm debating whether or not I want to include 2010-2012 classes instead of only 2010, so if you think we should consider all classes, let me know in the thread.

Comment

• I'm in, I think we should just do this class personally. I don't know enough about the upcoming classes yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                        Jayvaughn Pinkston, #67 in the Rivals150, will be announcing Wednesday. He's down to Tennessee, Villanova, Marquette, Seton Hall, and St. Johns. Interesting guy because he's always been a big, strong, interior guy and he's transitioning to the perimeter to play a little more of a face up game because he's only 6'6. Apparently he's a bull driving into the paint and is sporting a much improved jumper.
                        Looks like Pinkston is going to pop for Tennessee, according to the NY Daily News. Wonder what this means for their shot at Tobias Harris.

Comment

• I want to be Charlie Coles when I grow up

Comment

• Greg Monroe may have just hit the game winning shot for the Hoyas but I'm not sold on him at all as a pro prospect. He doesn't seem to be focused clearly while on the floor. He's great when the ball is in his hands but when it's not he just seems lost.

Defensively, he improved while the game progressed but he was owned by Lavoy Allen at the beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                              No, he was downright bad in the first ten minutes of the game. He had 2-3 turnovers and was playing horrible defense. He started to turn it on after that.
                              Yes but then again so did Jerome Dyson. Oriakhi is a young freshman and most freshman struggle early in the season so I'm not too concerned.

I don't think we're as good as last year and we're very young but this team is loaded. Kemba Walker will be a top draft pick if he stays another year. Blazing speed and a tremendous defender. Dyson is a very talented scorer and if he can stay healthy he could be a first round pick. Majok when he starts to play has it in him to be a top 5 top pick. He is athletic with a jump shot and is 6'11. Robinson as I mentioned before is an athletic freak who will get drafted.

Even Oriakhi as you mentioned who has struggled thus far is talented. If he stays 2-3- years he should be in great shape to get drafted. The guy already has an NBA type of body.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                                Yes but then again so did Jerome Dyson. Oriakhi is a young freshman and most freshman struggle early in the season so I'm not too concerned.

I don't think we're as good as last year and we're very young but this team is loaded. Kemba Walker will be a top draft pick if he stays another year. Blazing speed and a tremendous defender. Dyson is a very talented scorer and if he can stay healthy he could be a first round pick. Majok when he starts to play has it in him to be a top 5 top pick. He is athletic with a jump shot and is 6'11. Robinson as I mentioned before is an athletic freak who will get drafted.

Even Oriakhi as you mentioned who has struggled thus far is talented. If he stays 2-3- years he should be in great shape to get drafted. The guy already has an NBA type of body.
                                Oh, I totally agree with you throughout your entire statement. I'm a UCONN fan myself and I'm excited for Majok to finally play. Stanley Robinson's length and athleticism will get him drafted alone. He blocked one shot last night that just looked unreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information