No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh. 1 point game now with 42 seconds left.

Comment

• If Yarou had played, we wouldn't be having this discussion. He's a ******* animal down low, not comparable to any GMU big man.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Nova takes a 1 point lead

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          Nova takes a 1 point lead
          That was an ugly ass shot though...

C'mon GMU!!!!

Comment

• Wow...whoever GMU's point guard is flat out ********!

Good game though...

Comment

• Poor Patriots. Jim Larranaga is one of the most underrated coaches in the country

Comment

• Wow Nova needed a a lucky shot to win. This Nova team just isn't any good. I don't care if Yarou didn't play. He can play D but he's not putting up any points. This is a Mason team rebuilding that won't even be competitive in the CAA. They don't have a single player on their team who has done anything productive on the college level. Their recruits are all 1 to 2 stars at best. Ugly win for Nova.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                  Wow Nova needed a a lucky shot to win. This Nova team just isn't any good. I don't care if Yarou didn't play. He can play D but he's not putting up any points. This is a Mason team rebuilding that won't even be competitive in the CAA. They don't have a single player on their team who has done anything productive on the college level. Their recruits are all 1 to 2 stars at best. Ugly win for Nova.
                  Agreed. Hopefully this means Maryland should have a strong chance against Nova at the BB&T Classic

Comment

• Are you serious?

If Yarou had played, 'Nova would have won by at least 10-15 points.

It was a horrible win, I agree with you but there is no way Yarou wouldn't have made a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                      Are you serious?

If Yarou had played, 'Nova would have won by at least 10-15 points.

It was a horrible win, I agree with you but there is no way Yarou wouldn't have made a difference.
                      Ok lets not get carried away. Yarou has so much potential, but please he would have made a 15 point difference. Was he going to guard all of the Mason backcourt players? I love Yarou's potential but lets me serious here, his best game of the season is a 6 point, 3 rebound, 1 block performance.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Big game at 9 i hope Larry Drew can fill in at the point for us ..not nervous really but OSU is older than us we will see
                        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                        Coples is that dude.
                        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                          Ok lets not get carried away. Yarou has so much potential, but please he would have made a 15 point difference. Was he going to guard all of the Mason backcourt players? I love Yarou's potential but lets me serious here, his best game of the season is a 6 point, 3 rebound, 1 block performance.
                          Out of two games...two.

I'm not saying Yarou would have gotten 15/10, he would have made a difference though by attracting defenders down low and freeing up shots around the perimeter.

Comment

• I disagree on Nova, I think they're going to be really dangerous come tourney time. That backcourt is just ridiculous. Reynolds, Fisher, Stokes, Waayns, and Cheek are all good guards, and Pena is a double double threat inside along with Yarou.

Comment

• With all this Mouph discussion, rumor has it he was sent home after testing positive for Hepatitis B and TB. So if that's true hopefully he manages to stay healthy and pull through everything alright. Far, far less importantly, he in all likelihood would miss the season.

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                              Wow Nova needed a a lucky shot to win. This Nova team just isn't any good. I don't care if Yarou didn't play. He can play D but he's not putting up any points. This is a Mason team rebuilding that won't even be competitive in the CAA. They don't have a single player on their team who has done anything productive on the college level. Their recruits are all 1 to 2 stars at best. Ugly win for Nova.
                              That's an overstatement based on an early season game. Right now, 'Nova is nowhere near being the 6th best team in the country. I'll concede that. I'm not positive they're top 25 right now. And this isn't the worst of what is going to come in non-conference play. They'll lose at least two, three bad games IMO. There's a ways to go before this team gets where the coaching staff will want them to be, particularly on the defensive end. But Jay Wright's squads always play their best ball come March, and this young team in particular shouldn't be an exception.

This team is more talented than last year's they're just young, inexperienced, and not playing nearly as well or tough on the defensive end. Last year's squad rebounded all over the place and played tough D, these young guys are a little tentative right now and don't know the scheme as well. They'll get much better as the year progresses on the defensive end and make some noise come tourney time and probably outperform their seed as per usual. Don't forget Reggie Redding is coming back in December and he plays a huge role as a defensive stopper, rebounder, and facilitator/slasher on offense. He'll make a big impact as a glue guy when he returns, last year's team was MUCH better with him and this year he'll impact things even more on this young squad that is really missing everything that he, DA, and Shane Clark did as unheralded guys (everybody knows how much Dante Cunningham is missed).

I do agree that Mouph would not have made this a 10, 15 point swing. He's really raw right now. But with bigs all over the place in foul trouble, it would have helped to have another body, let alone our most physically talented big. He could have been another 5 fouls that we desperately needed to keep guys in the game, would have rebounded, and is the best interior presence as a shot blocker. So he certainly would have helped, even just to not have guys like Stokes and King on the bench late since he could have picked up a few of their fouls.

Also, the problem offensively was more or less an off shooting night and foul trouble afflicting some of the bigger scorers. Not having Stokes in the game hurts quite a bit, Fish wasn't knocking anything down besides at the stripe, and King has done a good bit of scoring as well. Mouph wouldn't have helped the offensive problems much, but you can just chalk it up to being a bad day. The problem for this team is on the defensive end. Turnovers are and will probably continue to be an issue though and that's something to be concerned about. The young guys make mistakes and Reynolds always has and probably always will. Fish has been much more under control though, so that's good. He and Wayns (who has looked stellar early, probably the best frosh thus far) need to be the only two guys to run the team.

Lucky, ugly win though. I'll be shocked if we beat Dayton. There's a long way to go for this team because they aren't even scratching the surface of their potential as a group, but I think Coach Wright will get them close enough to make some noise come the end of the season.

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                              Agreed. Hopefully this means Maryland should have a strong chance against Nova at the BB&T Classic
                              I think Maryland will probably be the favorite come game time FWIW. Hopefully 'Nova can give them a good game but I think the Terps will take that one.
                              Last edited by derza222; 11-19-2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Tobias Harris to Tennessee. Huge get for the Vols.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information