Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    Lighty hasn't even averaged double digits for his career. I don't think that can be considered "damn good."
    He's a good inside/outside threat that really doesn't shoot much. Damn good was probably an exaggeration, but he is a threat to score.

    He's a well-rounded offensive player with the ability to distribute. Lighty is one of those guys who doesn't do anything great but does everything pretty damn well. He doesn't need to be an elite scorer with Turner and Buford beside him.


    Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

    Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      Tobias Harris to Tennessee. Huge get for the Vols.
      **** that dude.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        **** that dude.
        Honestly, I thought he should've gone to Maryland. If I was him looking at that final list I'd be going there or maybe WVU, but I'm pretty sure Maryland would have been my call.

        Comment


        • My goodness DeMarcus Cousins is an absolute monster.

          27 points
          18 rebounds
          27 minutes

          lol UK scores 102 and had ZERO bench points. Defense is playing awful now, that is disappointing.
          Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 11-20-2009, 01:15 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
            Honestly, I thought he should've gone to Maryland. If I was him looking at that final list I'd be going there or maybe WVU, but I'm pretty sure Maryland would have been my call.
            his dad talked about wanting to get to the league, yet he chooses bruce pearl over the likes of boeheim and huggins

            cred 2 BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • I don't know about the other schools, but Tobias will probably have an easy walking path to a starting job at UT as a freshman. We lose a few big men this year. We could still use Jayvaughn in this class as well so I hope Pearl and his staff can get him in the end.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

              Comment


              • Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                I don't know about the other schools, but Tobias will probably have an easy walking path to a starting job at UT as a freshman. We lose a few big men this year. We could still use Jayvaughn in this class as well so I hope Pearl and his staff can get him in the end.
                he would have started at wvu

                cred 2 BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                  he would have started at wvu
                  I'm sure he would have started wherever he decided to go, so that's not an issue.

                  Comment


                  • I really want to get behind Minnesota being a top 25 team, but I just can't right now. I don't see where the scoring comes from, even if Rodney Williams is the real deal.


                    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      I really want to get behind Minnesota being a top 25 team, but I just can't right now. I don't see where the scoring comes from, even if Rodney Williams is the real deal.


                      Lawrence Westbrook carried us on his back a couple times last year, he won that Wisconsin game by himself.

                      No one is going to average over 12 PPG, but if 4-5 guys do that what's the problem?

                      And Rodney Williams is ridiculous. Real deal for sure.

                      Comment


                      • I just don't see us winning enough games against elite teams without someone we can rely on for consistant scoring. I think we'll be better than last year, but I don't see a Sweet 16 appearance this year.


                        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                        Comment


                        • So much for Cal being the number 12 team in the country...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            So much for Cal being the number 12 team in the country...
                            The Pac 10 is so bad this year.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                              Lawrence Westbrook carried us on his back a couple times last year, he won that Wisconsin game by himself.

                              No one is going to average over 12 PPG, but if 4-5 guys do that what's the problem?

                              And Rodney Williams is ridiculous. Real deal for sure.
                              I like Rodney as much as anyone, he's a great kid and a good player, but I will wait to see how he plays once they start playing some real talent. He's playing nobodies right now. He's just sooooo skinny and streaky as a shooter.
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by djp View Post
                                I like Rodney as much as anyone, he's a great kid and a good player, but I will wait to see how he plays once they start playing some real talent. He's playing nobodies right now. He's just sooooo skinny and streaky as a shooter.


                                That's very true, but I just don't see someone with his kind of athleticism not making a big impact even when we get into the Big 10 season. I had my doubts about him making an immediate impact initially but it looks like he's really been working on his shot.

                                He just fits so perfectly in this system, we like to press and get out on the fast break which is exactly the type of system he fits in.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information