College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
    Wall has a nice mid-range shot which he is deadly with, definitely needs to work on the 3 ball. However, it doesn't look like there will be a lot of teams that will be able to keep him in front of them consistently. He has a swagger about him that we've all been dying for but he's also a good guy, several of the opposing teams coaches have commented on this.

He will develop a 3 pointer with time, he just hasn't had the need to this point. It won't be at UK that he does it but I'm sure 4-5 years from now in the NBA he will be solid from the outside.

I knew he could score but his ability to get to the line AND finish after contact is amazing. I figured he'd be around 13-15 a game but he's looking more like 18-20.
    Teams will find a way to keep him out of the paint. They will cheat their defense over and sag off, forcing Wall to make shots. In those highlights, I didn't see John take a shot outside the paint. Teams will adjust and make him beat them from the outside. If he's able to do that consistently it's pretty much game over because then they'll have to respect his jumper and that'll open up his drive.
    Last edited by sweetness34; 11-23-2009, 06:35 PM.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
      I know it's early, but this is Evan Turner's stat line so far this season:

21.8 PPG
      14.8 RPG
      6.0 APG

Those are LeBron James type numbers at the college level. I'm not comparing Evan Turner to LeBron James, but he has the same type of game, just not to the LBJ extent.
      He's the most versatile player in college basketball right now and in my opinion he's pound for pound the best player because of his ability to impact the game in so many different ways.

He has superstar potential at the next level if he's able to develop a jump shot. I really think he could challenge for the #1 pick next year. You just don't find many players like him that can score, pass, rebound, and play defense.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Enes Canter committed to UW today out of the blue. 5 star center out of the blue? I'll take it.
        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• The bounces are going Wisconsin's way to start out, nothing wrong with that. :)
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post

I would say the main difference between the two is that John seems to have a cockiness/swagger about him, whereas Derrick is much more shy and quiet. I would also say that Derrick is more explosive, whereas John seems to be more acrobatic (more artistic in how he gets to the hoop).
            Completely agree with this part. When I was watching that video, I mentally compared John to Derrick, and had pretty much the same analysis. John seems to be much more into that super star mold while Derrick is more supporting a superstar, but able to step up in key situations.

Comment

• Can't believe Tennessee gave Purdue a game like that. Dare I say Tennessee will be good this year? Didn't think I would be saying that.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                Can't believe Tennessee gave Purdue a game like that. Dare I say Tennessee will be good this year? Didn't think I would be saying that.
                Depends on if they want to play unselfishly or not.We have a lot of talent, but also a lot of ego.
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I just read John Wall's lips and he called a Cleveland State player a ***** (hctib spelled backwards)

Cleveland State and Kentucky are jawing a lot at each other in this game.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Will Wichita State beat Iowa by more than 3?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Will Wichita State beat Iowa by more than 3?
                      Yes. I say 9-11 pts.

I do take moral victories, like being tied with Texas at half, so anything less than 5 is good.

Comment

• Evan Turner recorded his second triple double today against Lipscomb.

16, 10 and 11...

nasty

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Maryland crapped the bed offensively

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                            Yes. I say 9-11 pts.

I do take moral victories, like being tied with Texas at half, so anything less than 5 is good.
                            How about 17?

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                            Evan Turner recorded his second triple double today against Lipscomb.

16, 10 and 11...

nasty
                            He's really good, but he has to cut down on those turnovers.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I just read John Wall's lips and he called a Cleveland State player a ***** (hctib spelled backwards)

When we played Word of God at home, C.J. Leslie was taunting our crowd all game.

John Wall actually let his game talk, but when our team played them at Word of God, he talked mad **** to our players.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I just read John Wall's lips and he called a Cleveland State player a ***** (hctib spelled backwards)

That was a physical game plus the refs had a tight whistle which ruined things. Plus they started just trying to milk the clock towards the end of the game, it's hard getting used to them not running constantly lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information