No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Beal to UF, awesome. He and Rivers are good friends and want to play together, it will be a sick combo. Other word is that Billy D is working on a 2011 class that might even put Kentucky's class of last year to shame.

My best Gator basketball guy, and the same one who reported Beal to UF about a week ago, says 2011 #1 PF Rakeem Christmas and #1 C Johnny O'Bryant are both Gator leans ATM. It will take a strong season to close out with those guys, but things look good.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Apparently we're not very good at rebounding or ball control either.
      That's two quality wins for us in a week. Good deal. I was worried when Elonu left for the draft.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
        Yeah, Beal to UF, awesome. He and Rivers are good friends and want to play together, it will be a sick combo. Other word is that Billy D is working on a 2011 class that might even put Kentucky's class of last year to shame.

My best Gator basketball guy, and the same one who reported Beal to UF about a week ago, says 2011 #1 PF Rakeem Christmas and #1 C Johnny O'Bryant are both Gator leans ATM. It will take a strong season to close out with those guys, but things look good.
        That class would be ridiculous. I wouldn't be shocked if Christmas goes there either, apparently he's got family in the area and he grew up in a warmer climate so I'm sure he wants to get out of Philly soon. Frankly I'm not sure why he's still in the area, he could find another good basketball HS elsewhere, I think it's a family tie though, Aunt or something. Anyway, Florida's been a mainstay on that list, so it doesn't surprise me to hear that. They're on a lot of other lists too now that I look at it. Not a bad year so far this season either.

Comment

• we need to land one of the Knight/Selby/Lamb trio

Comment

• Oh so close to the UK-UNC game, cannot freaking wait. Only a few more days.

Not sure how that game will shake out either, should be a good measuring stick.

Comment

• UK scores 94 and I think half were on dunks.

Wall went for 12 points and 14 assists. 15 assists is the school record, also threw down 3 or 4 sick dunks. I'm going to enjoy his time here lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                UK scores 94 and I think half were on dunks.

Wall went for 12 points and 14 assists. 15 assists is the school record, also threw down 3 or 4 sick dunks. I'm going to enjoy his time here lol.

Enjoy it while it lasts, he'll be in Minneapolis this time next year!!!!!!

Comment

• Whichever team he goes to will probably be my favorite NBA team. Minnesota should take him and Patterson and they'd REALLY be my favorite NBA team. Patterson is 5 of 11 from 3 this year, his shot is nice.

Comment

• The ACC needed to win games like tonight's up for grabs match between UVA and Penn State if they wanted to keep the streak alive. Looks like a Big 10 challenge win to me

Comment

• I really thought the Big 10 would have a chance this year to win the challenge, but after seeing the inconsistency from Michigan, Minnesota and Illinois I may rethink my prediction. Michigan State also worries me as they are not a very good early season team.

This is the best chance we've had though to break the streak so hopefully we can get it done.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Drew Gordon is transferring from UCLA

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                        2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• This is the worst looking 14 point lead I've ever seen. Florida will need to tighten up a lot if they want to contend with the Kentucky's and Tennessee's of the SEC.

As soon as I say that, Billy D calls a timeout, and the Gators go on a quick 6-0 run. I can't believe I ever wanted his head, despite the back-to-back missed tournaments. He's an insane recruiter, and very good coach.
                          Last edited by sbh15; 12-01-2009, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                            This is the worst looking 14 point lead I've ever seen. Florida will need to tighten up a lot if they want to contend with the Kentucky's and Tennessee's of the SEC.

As soon as I say that, Billy D calls a timeout, and the Gators go on a quick 6-0 run. I can't believe I ever wanted his head, despite the back-to-back missed tournaments. He's an insane recruiter, and very good coach.
                            Oh, quit your whining, you got Brad Beal. ;)

I have a mancrush on Deon Thompson. Dude's such a beast.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I'm not sure how scared I should be for UNC Saturday.

It's lame in the ESPN Poll that UK, Villanova and Duke are ranked ahead of Purdue. I'm definitely a big Purdue believer. Also would've liked to see UC ranked higher. I hate these early season polls, just give me something to complain about lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                I'm not sure how scared I should be for UNC Saturday.

It's lame in the ESPN Poll that UK, Villanova and Duke are ranked ahead of Purdue. I'm definitely a big Purdue believer. Also would've liked to see UC ranked higher. I hate these early season polls, just give me something to complain about lol.
                                It's just bizarre that early season polls have nothing to do with how well a team has played, but where the team was when they started the season and whether or not they have lost. Teams can't be (or at least aren't) punished for winning but not playing well.

For example, taking my school and a team you have up there, there is no way that my Villanova Wildcats are playing like or even close to the 3rd best team in the country right now. I'd say based on record and talent they should fit somewhere into the top 25, but I wouldn't even put them in the top 10 the way they're playing right now. They could be in that mix by the end of the year, but no way they are right now now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information