No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maurice Harkless to UConn. Real interesting guy, tall and lanky at 6'7, 6'8 and he may still be growing. Decent stroke from outside too, think he's a really good fit for the system they run up there and fits the profile that they've had with a bunch of their wings over the years. Nice commitment for the Huskies.

Comment

• St. Johns is a much improved team this year. I can't wait to see what they can do in the Big East this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• John Wall on T-wolves Nao Plz!

Comment

• My main concern with Wall is if he'll be as effective in half-court sets. He's dynamite in transition but UCONN is also giving him all sorts of room to push the ball right now.

He hit a nice mid-range jumper earlier and if he can do that I'm on the bandwagon. Kid's got some ridiculous skill but I want to see more half court production because he won't be seeing this much transition in the pros.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Wow, epic game at the Garden.

GO UCONN!
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I have no concerns with him whatsoever. My favorite prospect since Lebron. Size, athleticism, finishing ability, vision, solid defense, etc. I'd probably say that his jumper right now is at least at the same level Rose's was in college if not better so I'm not too worried about that.

And this game is ridiculous. The average length of possession can't be longer than 10 seconds, this is awesome to watch.

Comment

• Rose is more athletic than Wall. John's a helluva athlete but Rose can do some things that not many others can. I'd say that Wall may be better at finishing though. Rose still has some trouble converting when he gets to the rim.

Wall also gets out of control a lot, although that is most likely due to him being young.

And why do you want Wall so bad? I'd much rather have Turner with the pieces you already have in place. Flynn, Turner, Jefferson and Love sounds pretty nice. I think Wall would be a better fit on another team but that's just my opinion.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I would say Wall has more basketball skill than Rose, but Rose has more physical ability. Both have tremendous upsides though.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                    Rose is more athletic than Wall. John's a helluva athlete but Rose can do some things that not many others can. I'd say that Wall may be better at finishing though. Rose still has some trouble converting when he gets to the rim.

Wall also gets out of control a lot, although that is most likely due to him being young.

And why do you want Wall so bad? I'd much rather have Turner with the pieces you already have in place. Flynn, Turner, Jefferson and Love sounds pretty nice. I think Wall would be a better fit on another team but that's just my opinion.
                    Wall is a can't miss elite prospect imo that we would regret not taking and I'm not a huge Jonny Flynn fan. It's possible that we go in a different direction though. This is assuming that we suck enough to get the first pick. We're beating the Hornets right now noooooooooo.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      Who/what are you thinking for the Bulls sweetness? Right now I'm thinking a two, obviously a four is the other possibility but I think there's a better chance of getting one of those in FA. I love Turner but I think we need a shooter and he's not tremendous from deep yet. Definitely an option though. Henry maybe for his NBA ready body and shooting ability, but I'm not sold on him yet.

I'm looking forward to catching the end of UConn/Kentucky, but right now I have to watch the 'Nova game. St. Joe's is giving us a hard time as per usual, wish we were playing better in this one. Haven't been a huge fan of the reffing, but I'm sure I'm biased.

Comment

• Badgers lose to UWGB :(

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Since that quick start Kentucky has looked horrible. They aren't getting very many good looks right now.

Comment

• You're rooting for your team to lose? Man, I just can't bring myself to do that with any of my teams.

I think Flynn is going to be a damn good player, mainly because he's got the intangibles. Leadership is such an underrated aspect of sports. I think Wall is a guy that needs the ball and would be better suited on another team where he can be the lead guard. I also believe Turner would add a lot to your team. Wall may be an elite prospect, but so is Turner and he gives you size at the 2/3 along with the ability to play the 1.

Comment

• We are wayyyyyy out of control right now, gotta tone it down.

Comment

• ]You're rooting for your team to lose? Man, I just can't bring myself to do that with any of my teams.
                                Nah I was completely kidding. Although needless to say we did end up losing.

I think Flynn is going to be a damn good player, mainly because he's got the intangibles. Leadership is such an underrated aspect of sports. I think Wall is a guy that needs the ball and would be better suited on another team where he can be the lead guard. I also believe Turner would add a lot to your team. Wall may be an elite prospect, but so is Turner and he gives you size at the 2/3 along with the ability to play the 1.
                                Don't get me wrong, if we end up with Turner I'll be happy too, we need a swingman pretty damn bad. The Corey Brewer experiment looks like a failure.

I just think Flynn is more of a good guy to bring off the bench in the long run. He really doesn't do anything great. Ok playmaker, ok defender, streaky shooter...idk. We obviously didn't draft him to be a bench guy but that's just how I see his career ending up. Ideal situation in my eyes is we deal Flynn and take Wall. Wall getting into the lane and dishing to our two big guys would be awesome, especially for a guy like Love who isn't the best at creating his own offense.

With this team I'm just not a big fan of drafting strictly for need. We just need talent and Wall is clearly the best on the board imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information