No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man this game is so awesome. Which is funny because the game before it sucked ass. :(

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• John Wall=officially my mancrush.

Comment

• holy **** John wall knows how to finish at the rim

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
        Originally posted by Job
        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• I remember about 5 or so pages ago I asked if this John Wall guy was legit.....

So, yea.....

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Yea I ain't gonna hate, Wall's been legit and is an awesome prospect. That was a sick finish at the rim. I don't why Calhoun didn't try to deny Wall the ball though. Can't give a guy with his ability a free run at the rim.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Dyson needed the ball on that play if they wanted a 3. But wow, that was a helluva game.

Comment

• Calipari doesn't sound very happy for just beating the #12 team in the country.

Comment

• John Calipari is a great coach too, I love what he brings to Kentucky just that quick. He brings in impact freshmen wherever he goes, and you can instantly see the coaching difference on the floor even with a very young team.

I didn't really think that highly of him before, but he's really a great coach and deserves alot of props. Of course it depends how the season finishes, but he's already got my respect.

Comment

• Hmm some game. Dislike both teams but enjoyed the talents. Watching the diaper dandies in college ball brings me great joy every year.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• John Wall=absolute baller, going to get lots of poon tang.

I don't think what separates him is his ability to finish at the rim, its also the ability to hit tough contested mid range jump shots. He could take someone in iso, and the opposing team may guard against him driving, but if he is as good as he appeared tonight making 15-17 ft jump shots, he is tough to guard.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        John Calipari is a great coach too, I love what he brings to Kentucky just that quick.
                        Calipari is not that great of a coach. He just recruits the hell out of his programs. His offensive sets are basic and he's not a great X's and O's guy. He does coach good defense and I'll give him that but as far as adjusting and execution he could be better. Kentucky is stacked with talent too. Wall, Patterson, Bledsoe, Cousins, Orton, Miller, etc are all 5 star talents. He definitely is a good motivator.

I just can't stand what he represents. His last two programs have two Final 4 appearances and both of those appearances have been negated due to breaking NCAA rules.

My favorite Calipari quote from his PTI interview recently; "The Coach/CEO needs to be responsible for everything that goes wrong in the program...but the Coach/CEO can't know everything that goes wrong in his program."

/rant

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                          John Wall=absolute baller, going to get lots of poon tang.

I don't think what separates him is his ability to finish at the rim, its also the ability to hit tough contested mid range jump shots. He could take someone in iso, and the opposing team may guard against him driving, but if he is as good as he appeared tonight making 15-17 ft jump shots, he is tough to guard.
                          That was my main question about him. His mid-range/distance game. If he hits like he did tonight on a consistent basis, he's unstoppable. The turnovers need to be cut down and so do some of his dumb decisions but he put on a prime time performance at The Garden in a hostile atmosphere. When UK needed him to step up at the end he took over.

He seems to have a swagger about him, and that is something I wish Derrick had.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                            Calipari is not that great of a coach. He just recruits the hell out of his programs. His offensive sets are basic and he's not a great X's and O's guy. He does coach good defense and I'll give him that but as far as adjusting and execution he could be better. Kentucky is stacked with talent too. Wall, Patterson, Bledsoe, Cousins, Orton, Miller, etc are all 5 star talents. He definitely is a good motivator.

I just can't stand what he represents. His last two programs have two Final 4 appearances and both of those appearances have been negated due to breaking NCAA rules.

My favorite Calipari quote from his PTI interview recently; "The Coach/CEO needs to be responsible for everything that goes wrong in the program...but the Coach/CEO can't know everything that goes wrong in his program."

/rant
                            Recruiting talent is probably not even half of the battle when it comes to coaching. He takes young raw talent and coaches them up. You think any old coach could have a group this young playing this well so soon? This team is playing like a team of veterans.

Maybe those former teams did break NCAA rules like overlooking SAT scores or letting ineligble players play etc etc, but I fail to see how any of that makes him any less of a coach. He still had to coach those teams to the final four, he still recruited all those guys who went, and you just can't recruit well, sit back on your ass and let them play And 1 ball all the way to the final four.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Recruiting talent is probably not even half of the battle when it comes to coaching. He takes young raw talent and coaches them up. You think any old coach could have a group this young playing this well so soon? This team is playing like a team of veterans.

Maybe those former teams did break NCAA rules like overlooking SAT scores or letting ineligble players play etc etc, but I fail to see how any of that makes him any less of a coach. He still had to coach those teams to the final four, he still recruited all those guys who went, and you just can't recruit well, sit back on your ass and let them play And 1 ball all the way to the final four.
                              Recruiting talent is a very large factor when it comes to college coaching, especially when you can land guys like he's been able to do. Kentucky is the most talented team in the country, bar none. Now I will agree that you still have to coach the guys up but as an X's and O's guy, I would take Roy, Self, Izzo, Donovan, Calhoun Dixon, and the other elite coaches in that regard.

I also believe cheating automatically knocks someone's coaching down. Breaking the rules is a pathetic way to win and he's done it repeatedly. He's at a place though that will do anything to win so he'll likely get away with a lot more than he would at other places.

I'm not saying Calipari is at terrible coach. But he's certainly overrated as an X's and O's guy.

Do I think any other coach would have this young group playing well so soon? Of course I do. Wall and Patterson are top 10 locks in the next draft and they've got athletes everywhere; that certainly helps matters. Kentucky hasn't played to their potential yet and in some of their games they've gotten by on talent alone. Calipari is a good coach (as an all-around guy), not a great one. I still question if he's got what it takes to make the right adjustments and decisions in crucial moments (see Memphis vs Kansas on Chalmers' 3 to tie it up).

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                Recruiting talent is a very large factor when it comes to college coaching, especially when you can land guys like he's been able to do. Kentucky is the most talented team in the country, bar none. Now I will agree that you still have to coach the guys up but as an X's and O's guy, I would take Roy, Self, Izzo, Donovan, Calhoun Dixon, and the other elite coaches in that regard.

I also believe cheating automatically knocks someone's coaching down. Breaking the rules is a pathetic way to win and he's done it repeatedly. He's at a place though that will do anything to win so he'll likely get away with a lot more than he would at other places.

I'm not saying Calipari is at terrible coach. But he's certainly overrated as an X's and O's guy.

Do I think any other coach would have this young group playing well so soon? Of course I do. Wall and Patterson are top 10 locks in the next draft and they've got athletes everywhere; that certainly helps matters. Kentucky hasn't played to their potential yet and in some of their games they've gotten by on talent alone. Calipari is a good coach (as an all-around guy), not a great one. I still question if he's got what it takes to make the right adjustments and decisions in crucial moments (see Memphis vs Kansas on Chalmers' 3 to tie it up).
                                I'd take all those coaches over him too, I never said he was the greatest coach in College ball right now, or elite for that matter, but I don't think you can deny he's a great coach.

Also talking about the guys he has to work with, that goes hand in hand with being a great coach, is being able to recruit. Still, I find it hard to believe that if you handed over those last two teams who went to the final four to just any old Joe that they would take them to the Final Four, you don't make it that far, with two different teams, just off of pure talent and no coaching.

Those teams didn't just get hot late either, both were well coached throughout the entire season, you act like those teams were the most talented teams ever in history. I can think of tons of teams who had more talent that never made it to the Final Four.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information