No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purdue is another team that lives by the 3. If they aren't hitting they will struggle. Not turning the ball over 8 times in the first 12 minutes would help as well. JuJuan Johnson getting that 2nd foul early really hurt. I'd like to see the Boilers utilize him more in the post.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Looks like 'Nova has a good chance of getting upset by Temple. I'm a bit surprised they're undefeated to this point so this isn't a shock, but obviously disappointing. The Owls have been shooting out of their minds in the second half...demoralizing for a defense that's not giving up layups but jumpers when they keep going in possession after possession.

Comment

• KU vs Michigan should be an interesting game next saturday.KU has never beaten Michigan before 0-5

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          Looks like 'Nova has a good chance of getting upset by Temple. I'm a bit surprised they're undefeated to this point so this isn't a shock, but obviously disappointing. The Owls have been shooting out of their minds in the second half...demoralizing for a defense that's not giving up layups but jumpers when they keep going in possession after possession.
          Yeah, that's why it's always scary to go play against a much lesser team on the road. They normally go crazy shooting because they're so pumped. Thankfully last year Indiana stopped shooting out of their minds in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
            Yeah, that's why it's always scary to go play against a much lesser team on the road. They normally go crazy shooting because they're so pumped. Thankfully last year Indiana stopped shooting out of their minds in the 2nd half.
            Yeah KU goes to Temple later this year...How the hell did the Temple AD manage to get KU and Nova to come to their place in the same year...Hell of a job.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Temple isn't that much worse than 'Nova overall and obviously isn't right now. They hung tough with Georgetown and are just a really good defensive team. Think they have a great RPI right now as well.

The shooting in the second half was just ridiculous and after the very beginning was better than I'm sure they shoot on average, certainly better than most teams. One of their players whose name slips me right now scored about half their points and was like double his scoring average along with being 7-10 from three. There was a stretch in the second half where they just kept scoring every time down the floor, 'Nova couldn't get a stop when they needed to and that really ended the game. Props to Temple, they played a hell of a game.

Hopefully we can get back to basics and improve the defense and be a better team by the end of the season. As much as I hate to lose and rop in the rankings, at least we won't be too overrated anymore.

Comment

• Cincinnati and Xavier putting on a show again in the Crosstown shootout.

Terrell Holloway hits a long 2 with about 32 seconds left to put XU up 2, then Lance Stephenson drives and finishes with about 10 seconds left. Going to OT now.

Comment

• Kansas
                  10-0, wins over Memphis and UCLA

Texas
                  8-0, wins over USC and Pitt

Kentucky
                  10-0, wins over UNC and Uconn

How is Kentucky not ranked number 1 right now? Preseason polls are so stupid.

Comment

• I'm fine with it honestly. I can't blame Kansas for the weak schedule with Calipari leaving Memphis and UCLA being flat out awful.

I would just assume our guys have that goal of being ranked #1. The only hard OOC game left is vs. Louisville. They're playing lousy but it's a rivalry game so it will surely be close. Could be set up for 15-0 in OOC which would be sweet.

I REALLY like the way UK is coming around now. I mean, before the season I was hoping Elite 8 for about a best case scenario but now I'm thinking big. Patterson is playing great on the perimeter, Wall is the best player in college basketball right now and there are plenty of complimentary players.

Comment

I'm fine with it honestly. I can't blame Kansas for the weak schedule with Calipari leaving Memphis and UCLA being flat out awful.

I would just assume our guys have that goal of being ranked #1. The only hard OOC game left is vs. Louisville. They're playing lousy but it's a rivalry game so it will surely be close. Could be set up for 15-0 in OOC which would be sweet.

I REALLY like the way UK is coming around now. I mean, before the season I was hoping Elite 8 for about a best case scenario but now I'm thinking big. Patterson is playing great on the perimeter, Wall is the best player in college basketball right now and there are plenty of complimentary players.

Why can't you blame Kansas for the weak schedule? They're the ones who made it. Kentucky has just proven more to this point, which is what the rankings should be about.

Comment

• I do agree that UK has proven more, I was honestly surprised they didn't overtake Texas at least. Not to mention only got 1 vote for #1 in both polls.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          Why can't you blame Kansas for the weak schedule? They're the ones who made it. Kentucky has just proven more to this point, which is what the rankings should be about.
                          When KU made their schedule Memphis had Calipari and UCLA was good

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                            KU vs Michigan should be an interesting game next saturday.KU has never beaten Michigan before 0-5
                            Michigan should be spotted a 25-point lead to make things interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                              When KU made their schedule Memphis had Calipari and UCLA was good
                              And so was Michigan, Cal, etc.

We still have @ Tennessee and @ Temple

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                Kansas
                                10-0, wins over Memphis and UCLA

Texas
                                8-0, wins over USC and Pitt

Kentucky
                                10-0, wins over UNC and Uconn

How is Kentucky not ranked number 1 right now? Preseason polls are so stupid.
                                Almost losing to Miami (OH) at home is a *****, ain't it?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information