No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to try and go to the Northland vs. Findlay Prep game tomorrow. Northland (Jared Sullinger, J.D. Weatherspoon, Trey Burke) against Findlay Prep (Corey Joseph, Tristan Thompson). Should be a great game.

They are playing at a small college in Westerville, OH, Otterbein College, about 15 minutes from Ohio State's campus.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
      I'm going to try and go to the Northland vs. Findlay Prep game tomorrow. Northland (Jared Sullinger, J.D. Weatherspoon, Trey Burke) against Findlay Prep (Corey Joseph, Tristan Thompson). Should be a great game.

They are playing at a small college in Westerville, OH, Otterbein College, about 15 minutes from Ohio State's campus.
      Wow that's pretty sweet, ton of talent in that game. I'm going to try to catch that one on ESPN, but going should be awesome. I'd be really interested to hear your impressions if you do go. Another guy who's pretty highly rated for Findlay in 2012 is F Winston Shepard so he could be somebody to keep an eye on if he gets in the game.

Comment

• OSU-Stanford was a good one. Stanford loses by one on the road, how they had a play that didn't guarantee Landry Fields the ball is beyond me.

Fields is without a doubt one of the most underrated players in the country.

Comment

• Royce White is leaving the Golden Gophers.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
          2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
          2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Royce White is a punk. Not even transferring? Just....leaving?

Have fun flipping my burgers.
            Last edited by yo123; 12-17-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• I'm officially going to the game (Findlay Prep vs. Northland), leaving right now actually to hang out with a buddy who attends Otterbein College then we'll get in line at about 5:00...

I've seen Sullinger play a couple times before and I have to say he is a legit Top 5 player in the country. His offensive game is so mature for his age and he has drastically improved his rebounding since his sophomore-junior seasons.

I'll come back with some thoughts on Tristan Thompson and Corey Joseph...

Comment

• Olek Czyz is transfering from Duke. Best wishes to him.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Just got home from the Findlay Prep vs. Northland game and it was amazing, for those who saw it on tv, you already know, but for those who missed it...

Jared Sullinger put on a complete show tonight. He played like the #1 player in the nation tonight and was nothing short of elite.

His offensive game is just so diverse for a big man his age, he should be similar to what Kevin Love was to the UCLA Bruins in 2008. He put a move on Tristan Thompson in the mid third quarter that looked like he was 28 years old instead of 18.

He is also a more vocal leader than I've seen before, I've seen him play three or four times now and it seems that he is more vibrant than ever with his teammates.

Some other notes:

---Trey Burke, PG, Northland is going to be a good college player. I think he still has some growing to finish, so he should be around 6'1' - 6'2" when he graduates. He SHUT DOWN Corey Joseph tonight, absolutely shut down. He has always been a stingy defender but he stepped it up to another level during this game. He is already committed to Penn State but I'm not sure how long that is going to last after this game. He'll most likely get more offers from bigger schools, so we'll see...

---Besides from the fact that he was not an offensive threat all game long, Corey Joseph looks the part of a great college PG. He already has a good build to his body and should only get more athletic as time progresses. I hope he goes to UCONN.

---On Tristan Thompson, his first half was just dismal. He turned it on in the second half though. He is built like a fridge too.

---I really didn't see too much of Winston Shepard

---Jalen Robinson, F, Northland is going to be decent as well. I think he already committed to West Virginia about a week ago, but his body at just a sophomore is pretty good. He should be able to follow in Sullinger's footsteps as an advanced offensive player.

Evan Turner and Co. was there.

Comment

• Apparently Royce White is still enrolled for next semester and the AD says he's still suspended and that's all they know.

Such a ridiculous situation.

Comment

• the rout is on in Lawrence

Comment

• Memphis-Michigan game is a dud. What a disappointment Michigan has been.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          Memphis-Michigan game is a dud. What a disappointment Michigan has been.
                          you mean Kansas-Michigan?

Comment

• well spoke to soon

Comment

• Dexter Pittman is playing like a lottery pick against UNC

Comment

• I'm absolutely loving this Longhorns team this year, could be a deep run.

FYI I'm not as huge of a bball fan as I am football, so I cheer for multiple college basketball teams; Texas, Georgetown, & Pitt yearly. I cheer for all 3 whenever I have a chance to see them play, but Texas is making a nice statement today.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information