No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avery Bradley's on ball defense is pure sex. Balbay is a monster defender also. Damion James right now is my player of the year. He's such a monster on the boards. I think he'll be a Shawn Marion type player in the NBA.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Texas is definitely an elite team this year... I don't think even Barnes can screw this one up.

UCLA losing to Colorado State in the 2nd half, man they're completely awful this year. Guess recruits are finally getting tired of playing that style.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
        Avery Bradley's on ball defense is pure sex. Balbay is a monster defender also. Damion James right now is my player of the year. He's such a monster on the boards. I think he'll be a Shawn Marion type player in the NBA.
        I'm so glad James came back. He wasn't ready for the NBA, and now he's really learning how to be a complete player. He can shoot the ball better, and he's being aggressive with the ball in his hands. Don't know how much of a Shawn Marion he'll be (since Marion can really shoot the ball), but he'll be very, VERY good in the NBA. Bradley's defense is sick, Balbay has been playing so much these last two years because of his relentless attitude on the court. Gary Johnson and Pittman have really picked up their play on defense also.

J'Covan Brown is really gonna be a huge part of how deep Texas runs in the tournament. He's just a huge spark plug off the bench right now, and he's playing like a vet.

First number 10, then number 9. Bring on Kansas ;)

Comment

• It's sad to think how ridiculous this team would be if Varez Ward hadn't suffered that freak accident. At the end of last year he looked like he was taking steps to being the best player on the team. Balbay is Mr. intangibles but he can screw up when he tries to drive too much and gets out of control.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Nah, Ward was never gonna be the best player on this team. To be honest, he wasn't gonna be that huge of a piece in the grand scheme of things. It hurts to lose that depth, but we have Bradley, Brown, Balbay, Mason and Lucas to run the team. Three of those are better than Ward, so it's not that big a deal.

Comment

• KU got a real test from Cal last night.KU never really pulled away til late.Good to see Cole have a good game he's been struggling lately

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                Ya but the 1-3-1 is our primary defense that we practice everyday, more than anything else. A team that doesnt typically run a 1-3-1 isnt going to be able to implement it in any sort of time to play it effectively against Kansas.
                They definitely will likely not be as effective, but a way to slow this Kansas team. I am just saying it is likely many different Big 12 teams are practicing the 1-3-1. Michigan got back in the game with the 1-3-1, which is why I don't understand why they didn't start/go with it earlier. Other teams just need it to slow down the Kansas team.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• KU needs to practice against zones in genaral.it seems like when they're rolling and then a team goes zone they act like they've never seen one before

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                    KU needs to practice against zones in genaral.it seems like when they're rolling and then a team goes zone they act like they've never seen one before
                    Trust me watching a much more inferior team run a very similar offense, Jankovic coaching at Illinois State a former Kansas assistant, the offense dies when the defense goes to the zone. It first takes 10 seconds just to switch the offense into a spread look and then passing around until one player throws a bad pass. It is frustrating.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Demarcus Cousins goes for 15 points 10 rebounds in 13 minutes... He's a monster.

UK has faced a lot of zone but the shooting on the perimeter has been great so normally they shoot their way out of it.

Comment

• WVU vs. Seton Hall is the only action today. WVU is -4 at Seton Hall, I took WVU but like every undefeated team they're due for a loss. Seton Hall can shoot the 3 ball too. These past few days without college basketball have killed me.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          Demarcus Cousins goes for 15 points 10 rebounds in 13 minutes... He's a monster.

UK has faced a lot of zone but the shooting on the perimeter has been great so normally they shoot their way out of it.
                          The more I watch Patrick Patterson, the more I like him. He definitely has the physicality of an NBA 4-Man, but I'm not sure if his height will be able to suffice for that fact.

He plays hard though and he's a great defender.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Patterson is getting deadly on the perimeter. He's 9 for 19 from 3 and has been hitting a lot of mid-range stuff. I'm glad for it because that's why he's come back.

I'm just as confident with him shooting outside as I am with him shooting inside which is saying something. Even with getting away from the paint his FG% is 62.5%. He's also starting to really improve on his ball handling.

Comment

• Alex Legion is leaving Illinois. What a bust that guy has been.

Also LOL at Northwestern in the top 25, that will definitely last...

Comment

• John Wall is unreal. 11 assists in the first half.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information