Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
    I feel like every year they win their conference and are in the play-in game of the tournament. Am I right or just imagining things?

    UK #1... Ahhhh, just had to say it.

    Ben Woodsidezzzz and NDSU won it last year.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      I feel like every year they win their conference and are in the play-in game of the tournament. Am I right or just imagining things?

      UK #1... Ahhhh, just had to say it.
      They did that in 2005. They've only made the tournament once.

      BUT, they lost last year on a last-second shot in their conference tournament. Same thing a couple years back.

      I feel like I ought to rep my school a little bit here:

      Oakland is 15-7 overall (and now 9-0 in the Summit League). We play one of the toughest non-conference schedules of any team in the entire country. We played (and lost to, but oh well) #1 Kansas, Michigan State, Memphis, Syracuse, Oregon, and Wisconsin this season. But it's prepared us to stream roll our conference opponents.

      OU has a 6-11 center named Keith Benson who is going to play in the NBA in the near future. Check him out. nbadraft.net has been projecting him in the first round a lot lately, but he's a junior, and I'd bet he goes back for his final season. But he's a ridiculous shot blocker and he's got 13 double-doubles this season. If any of you saw the game against Kansas, he completely shut down and dominated Cole Aldrich (All-American center).
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

      Comment


      • I've actually noticed they have been rolling through the conference. As much as I love college basketball (and bet on it) I know a lot of random crap lol. Always sucks to be in a 1 bid conference where you can destroy everyone in league play but lose in the finals of the tournament.

        Hey, if they can grab a 14 seed they got a shot lol.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
          I've actually noticed they have been rolling through the conference. As much as I love college basketball (and bet on it) I know a lot of random crap lol. Always sucks to be in a 1 bid conference where you can destroy everyone in league play but lose in the finals of the tournament.

          Hey, if they can grab a 14 seed they got a shot lol.
          I am so fearful that we could still lose the tournament and have this all for not again.

          But yeah, this team could really make some noise if we make the tourney. We have tremendous scoring depth, a legitimate big man in Benson (he went to the Amare Stoudamire "Big Men" camp this summer with the other elite centers), and a veteran Point Guard in Johnathon Jones (he led the entire country with 8.1 assists per game last season). Jones has started every game of his four year career. He's ridiculously good too.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
            Hell yeah, Oakland University!
            Keith Bensonzzzzzzzz.


            RIP TheManInBlack

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Keith Bensonzzzzzzzz.
              Not enough Z's.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Keith Bensonzzzzzzzz.
                Benson is a beast.he outplayed Cole when Oakland came to the FIeldhouse

                Comment


                • Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                  good win and great turnaround in the second half, still though am embarrassed people rushed the court
                  Did we really? I turned the game off as soon as it was over so I didn't even notice. It's pretty sad indeed if that's the case, especially because before going into that game Texas really wasn't the number one team in the country, or at least they wouldn't be if the polls were updated before that game.

                  Still, it was a fun game to watch.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                  Comment


                  • It was a heartbreak loss for the Gophers but I've started to take notice of Devoe Joseph in his first game as a starter. Proudly Canadian, too.

                    <333 Joseph

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                      Benson is a beast.he outplayed Cole when Oakland came to the FIeldhouse
                      Good that someone noticed. I got to watch that road game on espn360. Benson blocked a bunch of Aldrich's shots, and put up huge numbers himself.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 619 View Post
                        It was a heartbreak loss for the Gophers but I've started to take notice of Devoe Joseph in his first game as a starter. Proudly Canadian, too.

                        <333 Joseph


                        Sorry to burst your bubble but he's actually really sucked this year. Still has potential and is only a sophomore though.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          Sorry to burst your bubble but he's actually really sucked this year. Still has potential and is only a sophomore though.
                          I'm not sure he can play a lick of a defense. He does, however, have a very nice rounded offensive game for an undersized sophomore guard, and always has. I'm not sure he can ever be that true point player.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            Sorry to burst your bubble but he's actually really sucked this year. Still has potential and is only a sophomore though.
                            He struggled to start the year, as he couldn't seem to find his shot, but has really started to pick it up lately with more regular playing time. So to say he's sucked is a bit harsh.
                            SKOL VIKINGS!


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DHVF View Post
                              He struggled to start the year, as he couldn't seem to find his shot, but has really started to pick it up lately with more regular playing time. So to say he's sucked is a bit harsh.


                              He's picked it up the last few games a little, he's just been missing wide open shots all year when he's supposed to be a great shooter which is incredibly frustrating. He also tends to force his own offense way to much.

                              I'm just kind of nervous because next year he's probably going to have to be one of our top scorers and I don't think he's ready for that yet. Hopefully he picks it up because he has talent.

                              Comment


                              • Kentucky and Texas are close to locking up a 4 year series at neutral courts. I love this idea.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information