College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
    Kentucky and Texas are close to locking up a 4 year series at neutral courts. I love this idea.
    I heard Kansas and Kentucky were talking about a home and home.Have you heard anymore or anything on that?

and Kansas vs Mizzou TONIGHT BABY!!!!So jacked

Comment

• I haven't heard anything on Kansas, I think that's who most of us want a series with.

Next year Texas might be added (if not the year after) along with possibly Syracuse (@MSG), UNC, Indiana and Louisville. I'd say another team will be added to that with how Indiana/UL aren't looking to be super competitive next year. I hope it's Kansas but I haven't heard anything on it.

Granted, UK's roster will have another overhaul next year with the probable players leaving for the NBA so the schedule may not be as aggressive. In 2011 though it looks like we could be absolutely loaded with a class that could top this years.

It's nice to have a nice team again so I don't have to worry about recruiting because we're actually good this year lol.

Comment

• when Brady Morningstar nails a 30 footer at half you know things are going your way

Comment

• Calipari calls SC anchor a Jagoff

Comment

• Down 14-0 to start the game to winning 73-56. **** do I love being a 2nd half team. Scoop and Kris Joseph dirty as always

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Gotta say I don't get Villanova being ranked over Syracuse. I wasn't a huge 'Cuse believer early in the season but I definitely am now. I wish UK played them in the regular season, I'd like to see how they do against that zone.

Comment

• Michigan/Michigan State tonight. Come on, Manny!

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  Gotta say I don't get Villanova being ranked over Syracuse. I wasn't a huge 'Cuse believer early in the season but I definitely am now. I wish UK played them in the regular season, I'd like to see how they do against that zone.
                  It's just because 'Cuse lost more recently and they're in the same ballpark. That's pretty much how the rankings go. Being undefeated in conference helps, too. If 'Nova loses a game unless it's against a very strong team I think they drop down to 8 or 9 again.

Villanova's RPI is better than I thought so that will help their ranking, but they're too inconsistent right not to beat a really good team. Taking DePaul and Rutgers games out of the equation because those are two fo the worst teams in the BE, they have not put two good halves of basketball together. They either are awful in the first half and come back in the second, or blow a team away in the first half and let them sneak back into it in the second.

Right now I think that this 'Nova squad is a team that is really 8-12 caliber right now in terms of where they should be ranked. If things start to click at the end of the year like they did the last two years though, watch out. This is easily the most talented team they've had, so if they start playing their best basketball at the end of the season again they could make a lot of noise in the dance.

Comment

• I'd be curious to hear the Kentucky fans' reaction to their relatively low computer rankings...They're #9 in Pomeroy, #6 in Sagarin, and #7 in the RPI...Any worries?

Traditionally, Ken Pomeroy's rankings have been a very good indicator. Until last year, only teams who ranked in the Top 10 in both offensive and defensive rankings made it to the Final Four (This trend was bucked by UNC, who compensated for the #15 defensive ranking with a #1 offensive ranking). Right now, the only teams that fit that bill are Kansas (#2 OFF, #2 DEF) and Syracuse (#6 OFF, #10 DEF). Anywho, just something to keep an eye on as the season progresses...

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Douglass/Novak/LLP, you're not good at shooting 3s. Stop ******* trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        Douglass/Novak/LLP, you're not good at shooting 3s. Stop ******* trying.
                        Unfortunately theyre better at that than anything else. Michigan doesnt have a single good ball handler or passer on the team. Nobody has any court vision whatsoever, especially those 3. You watch Michigans offense and its just passing around the perimeter, no one is actually capable of beating another player off the bounce or delivering a halfway decent pass into the post. When you see someone actually drive to the rim they dont know what to do and its usually a turnover or ugly ugly missed layup.

Comment

• Got N.C. State tonight.. don't have a good feeling about it either..
                          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                          Coples is that dude.
                          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Kalin Lucas is a ***.

Comment

• My Eagles are up 42-25 on Clemson at half...Woot.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• I ******* hate Stu Douglass.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information