No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHerron Collins only hits 2 shots and KU STILL finds ways to win.11-0 and 25-1

Comment

• Way to walkoff the court in the middle of an opposing player shooting FTs at the end of the half.

Stay classy, Michigan.

Comment

• Mississippi State up 1 on Kentucky with 4:30 left. Varnardo just fouled out though.

It seems like 75% of the shots Mississippi State takes are threes.

Comment

• Refs handed it to UK in OT...that was a screw job at it's finest

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
            Mississippi State up 1 on Kentucky with 4:30 left. Varnardo just fouled out though.

It seems like 75% of the shots Mississippi State takes are threes.
            Game ended pretty good. State was up by 7 at one point but Kentucky reversed it well. UK came in clutch in OT and won it.

Got to say though, Mississippi state fans are rather poor sports...your team put up a good fight against Kentucky...no need to tarnish a great basketball game by throwing hissy fits at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
              Refs handed it to UK in OT...that was a screw job at it's finest
              how so?????

Comment

• Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                how so?????
                they were fine til OT...the calls against MSU in OT were embarassing.guy gets all ball and gets called, Patterson charged but a block is called and let's not forget the unbelievbly blown goaltending call.the refs were so pro-UK it's not funny

Comment

they were fine til OT...the calls against MSU in OT were embarassing.guy gets all ball and gets called, Patterson charged but a block is called and let's not forget the unbelievbly blown goaltending call.the refs were so pro-UK it's not funny
                  The goaltending call was missed but it was not unbelievably blown at all. The ball hit the backboard like .01 seconds before Wall hit it. The other two calls were pretty bad though.

Comment

• I suppose KU didn't get any favorable calls vs. TAMU?

The goaltending was obviously missed but not like it was clear cut in regular speed. The charge on Cousins and block on Patterson both went our way, no lies on that.. Especially the charge, there wouldn't have been any complaints from me had that been called the other way. The blatant one was with 3.5 left when it went off UK and they gave us the ball. Granted, the game was over but awful call.

Very happy to get out of there with a W, knew this one (nor Saturday) would be easy.

Comment

• Patterson, Wall and Cousins all had double doubles... That's crazy.

Comment

The Patterson Charge/block at first was a 50/50...the announcers thought the same until it went to replay then they changed their minds. Thats how it goes. The Goaltending happened so fast you could barely see it at all without a replay. It was a GOaltend but it didnt get called. What really hurt MSU was their top two guys getting out on fouls and their nothing but 3 shots.

Comment

• I could've punched a baby when that 3 got banked in. Same thing Sundiata Gaines did TWICE at Georgia a few years ago, after that one I just felt like the game was doomed.

Glad to have this win. I had this week circled when the schedule came out for how tough it would be. If they can get out of Vandy with another win I'd be very impressed.

EDIT: Walrus, what did you think of Liggins being out there late in the game? I really liked it. He's been huge lately on defense and knows where to pick his spots on offense. Last season I was wondering how he was a top 25 recruit now it seems pretty obvious. The 3 was HUGE.
                          Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 02-17-2010, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                            I suppose KU didn't get any favorable calls vs. TAMU?

The goaltending was obviously missed but not like it was clear cut in regular speed. The charge on Cousins and block on Patterson both went our way, no lies on that.. Especially the charge, there wouldn't have been any complaints from me had that been called the other way. The blatant one was with 3.5 left when it went off UK and they gave us the ball. Granted, the game was over but awful call.

Very happy to get out of there with a W, knew this one (nor Saturday) would be easy.
                            Actually, KU vs. TAMU was really one of the only games where I can say we legit got the shaft when it came to officiating...The referee crew that did that game is pretty much to have out for KU and Self.

That goaltending call was so obvious.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• I thought the first half went KU's way, the 2nd half was very fair. I was mostly blown away when Aldrich took the one dude out of the game and there was a no call.

Referee's aren't perfect. Everyone always thinks the favorite team was given the game because we all just naturally root for the underdog if it's not against our own team.

I guess really I'm saying it's hard to base an entire game on 3 calls, although as I said the Cousins one was huge and easily could've gone the other way.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                I could've punched a baby when that 3 got banked in. Same thing Sundiata Gaines did TWICE at Georgia a few years ago, after that one I just felt like the game was doomed.

Glad to have this win. I had this week circled when the schedule came out for how tough it would be. If they can get out of Vandy with another win I'd be very impressed.

EDIT: Walrus, what did you think of Liggins being out there late in the game? I really liked it. He's been huge lately on defense and knows where to pick his spots on offense. Last season I was wondering how he was a top 25 recruit now it seems pretty obvious. The 3 was HUGE.
                                Im really liking Liggins out there. He has come a long way this season...started out with 0 play time and now he is practically a starter. Its been great since Miller has been really stale and Dodson is hit or miss. He may not have had 10+ points but like you said that 3 was huge and he has been able to do that lately. I really think he will be big his Junior and Senior Years.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information