No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He hasn't been shooting the ball as well lately. He's still insane at getting to the rim when he wants to but he's not hitting jumpers like he was in the middle of the season. He can hit big ones when he needs to but can't do it consistently through the game. I will say in SEC play DeMarcus Cousins has been our best player and that's definitely not a slight on Wall, Patterson has been the best player in the last month.

A lot of the team in running through the post which is also hurting his numbers but like he did in the Vandy/MSU games, when he wants to turn it on he can dominate. Otherwise he kind of sits back and defers to teammates.

The TV schedule is a joke. UK plays at 9 last night then plays at noon tomorrow @ UT.

Comment

• I'm going to air some grievances here before I get way too belligerent tomorrow and just say **** Nova

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• The buckeyes are such a good starting 5 but other than that they are screwed!
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• I have seen a LOT of basketball this year but for some reason haven't seen either OSU or Nova. I'll be watching both this weekend hopefully. There's a decent chance that either (especially Nova) will be in UK's bracket.

Comment

• refs in wvu-ul game suspended for BE Tourney

dont think they should though; sets bad precedent; if it's 1 bad game, thats fine (no one is perfect), unless it is blatently obvious, or it is several calls over several games; maybe set up a disciplinary board, where they review every game, and after so many bad games suspension

also wonder if this will affect football officials too? why wasnt the replay official from our game vs cincy suspended?

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
              I have seen a LOT of basketball this year but for some reason haven't seen either OSU or Nova. I'll be watching both this weekend hopefully. There's a decent chance that either (especially Nova) will be in UK's bracket.
              From what I've seen out of Nova this year, while they do have really good guard play, their bigs aren't gonna be able to keep with Big Cuz and Patterson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Byrd430 View Post
                Now they are a legitimate Final Four team which is a good change of pace from your regular powerhouses and they lose their best player for the year. Really really sucks.
                I'm at Purdue right now and nobody can believe it. No one's saying it straight up, but everybody feels that all hope for the Final Four is lost. Terrible loss. JaJuan Johnson and co. are going to have to step up offensively. Johnson ended the game vs. Minnesota on a good note, scoring six straight points in the final minutes. Hopefully Keaton Grant can reclaim / keep his recent scoring streak going.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                  From what I've seen out of Nova this year, while they do have really good guard play, their bigs aren't gonna be able to keep with Big Cuz and Patterson.
                  Depends, to an extent. If we have a good shooting night the 4 out 1 in offense could really screw with a team that has 2 big guys out their on the floor. This is also a team that's decent at getting big guys into foul trouble, that's how they beat Pitt in the regular season last year. For the majority of the year, any postseason chances have had to do with the progress of the big guys on the team. Mouph Yarou, for example, played tremendously against Cousins in HS. But barring a tremendous game or our younger big guys progressing more than they have, the edge would obviously go to Kentucky. But there are ways to mess around with it a bit. But really, outside of 'Tone no bigs play a lot so it's tough to get a read on it. But that's also because Jay puts the best 4 guys on the floor and right now...those aren't bigs. Love the way Armwood has been progressing though, if he improves his outside game and adds some bulk he has a future as a (probably backup) 3 in the NBA, love his energy and athleticism and he does some nice things on the defensive end.

I'd love to beat 'Cuse, but I don't see it happening. We played the Orange great last year, but this year they're just so good. Still would be awesome for it to be a good game, though.

Comment

• really worried about KU's game today vs Ok State.this is the game I think if we drop any in Big 12 today will be it

Comment

• Tennessee is beating Kentucky by 16 with about 14 minutes to go in the second half. This shocks me.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• John Wall is officially in beast mode.

Horrible transition defense by Tennessee though.

Comment

• Tennessee is going to blow this. Fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Wow, we might pull this off after all. Holy crap!
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Yay! Beating Callipari always makes me happy.
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• good year for UT baketball...beat #1 and 2 in the same year

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information