No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a reporter out and read (or just click on) my story about tonight's OU-IPFW game:

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzli...pfw_feb27.html

Read about future NBA draft pick Keith Benson's career-high 32 points tonight.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Sssssyyyyyrrrrrraaaaaacccccuuuuussssseee

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        what has happened with 'Nova?
        'Nova has, for most of the year in my estimation, been ranked a little bit too high. In terms of quality of play they're more in the 10-20 range than top 10 and have been most of the year. There have been some nice wins but most of the year has been them being ranked high because they started high and haven't lost much.

In terms of why they're losing, basically comes down to one thing for the most part. This is a team that fouls WAY too much. On occasion they can afford to in terms of guys getting into foul trouble because the team goes 10 or 11 deep on any given night, but other teams win the free throw shooting battle by a lot and it makes it tough to overcome. When teams win the rebounding battle significantly also (like 'Cuse did) then things get ugly.

Another major issue is that the defense, to put it bluntly, sucks. They played well the last 2 games before this one so I started to get hopeful but after this game I see nothing's change. Coach Wright's scheme is actually pretty good and was tremendous last year but the team isn't cohesive enough to run it well and it's better for a veteran team, so what was a strength last year and carried the team through the tournament is now a major weakness. The veteran leadership is really missed, though this team is more talented than the teams the past 2 years.

Only encouraging thing to take out of tonight's game was Mouph Yarou's play...think he's going to be a force before he leaves.

Comment

• Whoever is making a march madness bracket challenge this year I want in.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
          Originally posted by fenikz
          we all hate you

Comment

• I still think Villanova is a serious Final Four contender. As long as they have Scottie Reynolds they can be a dangerous team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
              Whoever is making a march madness bracket challenge this year I want in.
              put me in as well

Comment

• I'm always down for a bracket.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

• Richmond-Xavier going into double overtime.

Comment

• It's really unfortunate that in the Indiana/Iowa game someone has to be awarded a win (no offense Iowatreat lol, you know how it is).

MSU/Purdue seem to be playing pretty even now. Sucks I missed the Richmond-Xavier game, the A10 is pretty strong this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                      Also, while I'm still cranky over the UK loss... I just get annoyed with all the hype about the 'Cuse zone. I'm not saying it's not a good defense but it's hardly what they make it out to be. They're not even the best FG% defense in their own conference.
                      Big East teams are the best at playing against the zone because the opponents have seen it twice a year for their entire career and coaches like Calhoun, Pitino, Wright, and any BE coach know what to do. Watch the zone during the NCAA Tournament. Look at it in 2003. 'Cuse straight smacked Oklahoma in the regional final, in fact, in the '03 tourney they beat OKst, OU, Texas, and Kansas.

It's tough to prepare for when you have never seen it. Just saying it's a nice when it takes significant time for a team to figure out the zone. Cuse Nation is buzzing and this team is loved by the community.

It's just a special season right now.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                        It's really unfortunate that in the Indiana/Iowa game someone has to be awarded a win (no offense Iowatreat lol, you know how it is).

MSU/Purdue seem to be playing pretty even now. Sucks I missed the Richmond-Xavier game, the A10 is pretty strong this year.
                        ****, with all the hockey I forgot about this epic game.

Battle for last place in the Big XI!!!! With PSU gaining their 3rd win in conference, whoever loses here is tied for last.

Hopefully we can get our elusive 10th win!

Comment

• Also, suck it Kentucky. We're shooting 8% from 3 and still winning. That's how real teams play!!!!

(Note: extreeeeeeeme sarcasm)

Comment

• Originally posted by garrard9 View Post
                            Big East teams are the best at playing against the zone because the opponents have seen it twice a year for their entire career and coaches like Calhoun, Pitino, Wright, and any BE coach know what to do. Watch the zone during the NCAA Tournament. Look at it in 2003. 'Cuse straight smacked Oklahoma in the regional final, in fact, in the '03 tourney they beat OKst, OU, Texas, and Kansas.

It's tough to prepare for when you have never seen it. Just saying it's a nice when it takes significant time for a team to figure out the zone. Cuse Nation is buzzing and this team is loved by the community.

It's just a special season right now.
                            The thing is, that's the case with every team figuring out their conference opponents. They're the 4th best FG% defense in the conference. I'm not saying the defense isn't good nor am I acting like Syracuse is overrated. It's just that it seems since they are about the only team to exclusively run zone, if they have success the zone is what gets the credit.

They are 2nd in the entire country in FG% offense yet everyone acts like they're good because of the zone. A zone is a zone, either it's extended or packed in... There are obviously other gimmicks to it but a zone is a zone. Their length makes things harder but it also would make things hard man-to-man. They are a good team, it's not the fact that they play zone that makes them that way. They deserve to be #1 tomorrow, I feel like they at times in the polls have been overlooked this season.... That will certainly not be the case tomorrow.

Comment

• Wooooo 10 wins!!!! I'll admit, I never thought this day would come. I had us pegged for 5-6 wins and no Big XI wins. Well done boys!

Comment

• wow... Duke was nearly ranked ahead of UK in the ESPN/USA Today poll... What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information