College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
    wow... Duke was nearly ranked ahead of UK in the ESPN/USA Today poll... What a joke.
    Agree completely. Casual fans don't realize how pathetically bad the ACC is this year. It will probably be Duke, Maryland, WF, and maybe Clemson and VT in the tournament. Only two locks really this year. Not to mention the best non-conf game they played was probably Gonzaga early in the year.

They are good but I feel are not battle tested because the ACC is down.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Damn Georgetown is really struggling lately. Even with Freeman out, Georgetown is one of those teams that really shouldn't be that reliant on one player. Getting destroyed by West Virginia right now.

Also, completely unrelated but Jay Bilas is fantastic.
      Last edited by yo123; 03-01-2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Georgetown has been horrific as of lately. Chris Wright has been awful with decision making and it has finally come to bite them in the ass that they only have 1 legit big man on the entire roster. I'm not talking legit as in a starter, but as in someone who is D1 caliber.

Still though the score is much closer than it should be as weird as that sounds as WVU is shooting insanely. I love Butler. On a side note Ebanks is the most overrated player in the draft. If he declares he shouldn't be drafted. IMO he's not even top 5 on his team and has been horrible this year. He's slow, he's weak, and can't shoot. I don't see the hype. I get that he's tall and lanky, but that's about all he has going for him. No touch and absolutely no basketball IQ. I think he hurts them more than he helps.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
          Georgetown has been horrific as of lately. Chris Wright has been awful with decision making and it has finally come to bite them in the ass that they only have 1 legit big man on the entire roster. I'm not talking legit as in a starter, but as in someone who is D1 caliber.

Still though the score is much closer than it should be as weird as that sounds as WVU is shooting insanely. I love Butler. On a side note Ebanks is the most overrated player in the draft. If he declares he shouldn't be drafted. IMO he's not even top 5 on his team and has been horrible this year. He's slow, he's weak, and can't shoot. I don't see the hype. I get that he's tall and lanky, but that's about all he has going for him. No touch and absolutely no basketball IQ. I think he hurts them more than he helps.
          He needs to come back for another season under Huggins. The talent is there, and he has been coming into his own the past couple of games. He got hyped from a great freshman season but now he has declined due to the fact that he got bigheaded in the offseason and has accepted a smaller role on this team. If he stays for his junior season I think you will see why he's rated as a lottery pick once Butler is gone and he becomes the go to man.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• ebanks has been playin much better offensively the past 5-6 games

his defense/rebounding has always been good this year

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• For anyone who gives a damn, here's my latest blog entry on everyone's favorite Mid-Major program, Oakland University:

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzli...d_preview.html
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Relatively speaking, the major conferences really suck this year.

Comment

• Texas has really **** the bed since thye achieved number 1 raking.
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• I really like the way Illinois has played lately. I would not want them to be a 8/9 seed in UK's bracket. Can't believe they laid the egg vs. Minnesota but they've been playing great lately.

UTEP and Marshall was a battle. UTEP can really play.

And Texas most definitely sucks, last night I lost my first Big 12 bet of the entire season thanks to their awfulness. Granted, injuries have really played a role into things.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                      I really like the way Illinois has played lately. I would not want them to be a 8/9 seed in UK's bracket. Can't believe they laid the egg vs. Minnesota but they've been playing great lately.

UTEP and Marshall was a battle. UTEP can really play.

And Texas most definitely sucks, last night I lost my first Big 12 bet of the entire season thanks to their awfulness. Granted, injuries have really played a role into things.

When Illinois is on they can play with almost anyone. But when they're bad.....they're REALLY bad. Like Iowa bad. Not consistent at all.

Comment

• haha go figure immediately after I post that they start sucking. I couldn't believe they beat Wisconsin at their place, that was when I became a believer. They also played Purdue really well. Then it seemed like they'd never score against you all.

Comment

• Turner is considering a return to tOSU. At least he is saying it, right? lol. tOSU has a beast of a recruiting class.

Diebler has played 199 straight minutes lol
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Steve Lavin made a good point. OSU played pretty well considering Turner's mediocre game. They have to have the best starting 5 in the nation.

Comment

• cincy may be one of the worst coached teams in the country

have some very good talent, but nothing to show for it

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Mostly just how disappointing their big men have been. Cronin is about to get the axe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information