No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Selby has closed his recruitment.down to UCONN, UK, 'Zona and KU.I think Knight goes to UK and Selby ends up at KU...just a guess though

Comment

• Quite the lineup of games tonight. I actually wish UK had played last night so I could watch some of them.

I got K-State+9, UAB-3, Georgia+8, LaSalle-4.5, South Carolina-3, Maryland+2. With this many games I'm sure to bomb lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        Josh Selby has closed his recruitment.down to UCONN, UK, 'Zona and KU.I think Knight goes to UK and Selby ends up at KU...just a guess though
        I read he added UMD to the list and is actually going to be at the Terps/Duke game tonight. I think our chances at getting him are extremely limited since it's so late in his recruitment but apparently we've been added to the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
          I read he added UMD to the list and is actually going to be at the Terps/Duke game tonight. I think our chances at getting him are extremely limited since it's so late in his recruitment but apparently we've been added to the list.
          i just read a bit ago his mom said the visit to UMD is off.I think KU is the favorites for Selby with UK the favorites for Knight

Comment

• tonight is Sherron Collins and more then likely Cole Aldrich's last game at AFH.:(

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
              i just read a bit ago his mom said the visit to UMD is off.I think KU is the favorites for Selby with UK the favorites for Knight
              Yup, just read that, UMD basically told him not to come:

"We will not be attending the the Duke – MD (Maryland) game today,” said Maeshon Witherspoon. “I received a call from a coach that they are hosting a recruit for an official visit and didn’t want Josh to overshadow the recruit. As of today the door is closed on Selby’s recruitment. We are going to concentrate on the schools that are on his list,”

I

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                Georgetown has been horrific as of lately. Chris Wright has been awful with decision making and it has finally come to bite them in the ass that they only have 1 legit big man on the entire roster. I'm not talking legit as in a starter, but as in someone who is D1 caliber.

Still though the score is much closer than it should be as weird as that sounds as WVU is shooting insanely. I love Butler. On a side note Ebanks is the most overrated player in the draft. If he declares he shouldn't be drafted. IMO he's not even top 5 on his team and has been horrible this year. He's slow, he's weak, and can't shoot. I don't see the hype. I get that he's tall and lanky, but that's about all he has going for him. No touch and absolutely no basketball IQ. I think he hurts them more than he helps.
                I've been saying that all year. I absolutely hate Wrights game. He's terrible with decision making and his shot selection is just terrible. He doesn't know how role on the team. It's sad to because they have talent but just an awful selfish player at the point.

Also on the ebanks front; I was watching the game and they said he has added 20 pounds of muscle which is impressive. He's a great great rebounder especially on the offensive end. BUT, he just seems awkward out there, he might be a a good ball handler but he just seems tight and isn't as fluid as most lottery picks.

Comment

• Question:

I'm not well-versed in the way the NCAA Tournament selection process works for at-large bids, but I know it has a lot to do with RPI.

How high an RPI does a team typically have to have to get in if it doesn't win its conference tournament?

I ask because Oakland University is up to #57 in RPI. I doubt the Summit League could ever get a second berth (if OU doesn't win its tournament), but I ask nonetheless.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    Question:

I'm not well-versed in the way the NCAA Tournament selection process works for at-large bids, but I know it has a lot to do with RPI.

How high an RPI does a team typically have to have to get in if it doesn't win its conference tournament?

I ask because Oakland University is up to #57 in RPI. I doubt the Summit League could ever get a second berth (if OU doesn't win its tournament), but I ask nonetheless.
                    Without sitting down and really looking back over recent years, my initial reaction would be to say that in order to really be in serious consideration for an at large bid a school's RPI should be within the top 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wally03 View Post
                      Without sitting down and really looking back over recent years, my initial reaction would be to say that in order to really be in serious consideration for an at large bid a school's RPI should be within the top 50.
                      I guess the more top seeded teams that win their conference tournaments the better. Upsets give automatic bids to teams who wouldn't ever get an at-large.

OU's not gonna make it as an at-large, but they'll be relatively close to the range they'd need to be in probably.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                        Question:

Traditionally, a team should be in the top 40 to likely be included. However, Missouri State has been excluded with an RPI of 21, and I know in 2008 Illinois State was 38 in the RPI and excluded.

In general however it is best to be in the top 40.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• where oh where has Sherron Collins gone?

Comment

• I love when Duke loses more than any other team in sports. It's Duke b-ball, Patriots football, Notre Dame football then Red Sox baseball. Duke is my most hated team in sports fa sho!!

GO TERPS!
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              It's Duke b-ball, Patriots football

this yes yes much agreed die dookie die and eat **** patriots

Comment

• Dear Maryland fans-

You are in the top 25 and are second in the ACC. Do not storm the court.

Sincerely, common ******* sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information