Most Likely To Put Out Classic Hip-Hop Album

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Likely To Put Out Classic Hip-Hop Album

1. Dr. Dre- Everthing he has ever touched has turned to gold, and his new album Detox will come out soon.
    2. Nas- He has put out two classics so far
    3. Kanye West- His first two have come very very close and this fall he will put out Graduation.
    4. Jay-Z- A number of classics but every album gets worse and worse.
    5. Mos Def- He is great but puts out to much rock-rap
    6. Saigon- SOOO MUCH HYPE
    7. Lupe Fiasco- I think we could see one from him.
    8. Little Brother- The Minstrel Show was a great album, and they will soon put out Getback.
    9. T.I- One of these days a southern rapper has to put out something decent.
    10. Ludacris- He has become much more mature with Release Therapy.

Jags:8-8
    Duke B-Ball:22-10
    Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
    4/16/07 R.I.P VT
    sig by jackalope

TI and Luda made your list......that more or less invalidates any cred you have in the area of hip hop. Not to mention that your list is totally viod of any underground rappers.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      TI and Luda made your list......that more or less invalidates any cred you have in the area of hip hop. Not to mention that your list is totally viod of any underground rappers.
      I didnt want to put in any underground rappers that nobody has ever heard of also luda has realy grown up and id be willing to bet you havent heard Release Therapy. T.I has put out some good CD's, and with all these southern rappers the word classic will be redefined
      Last edited by jagsfreak27; 04-21-2007, 11:02 AM.

4/16/07 R.I.P VT
      sig by jackalope

Comment

Little Brother is kinda underground.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Little Brother is kinda underground. TI has never put out anything I would consider close to classic or even good and I dont think he has the ability to. As for Luda, everything so far has been crap and I dont see how you jump from utter garbage to classic.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Little Brother is kinda underground. TI has never put out anything I would consider close to classic or even good and I dont think he has the ability to. As for Luda, everything so far has been crap and I dont see how you jump from utter garbage to classic.
            I dont think its that out of the question the King was the best selling rap album of 2006, and Release Therapy won the grammy for best Rap album (yes I know the grammys are a joke).

4/16/07 R.I.P VT
            sig by jackalope

Comment

Like I said listen to Releaser Therapy

4/16/07 R.I.P VT
              sig by jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by jagsfreak27 View Post
                1. Dr. Dre- Everthing he has ever touched has turned to gold, and his new album Detox will come out soon.
                2. Nas- He has put out two classics so far
                3. Kanye West- His first two have come very very close and this fall he will put out Graduation.
                4. Jay-Z- A number of classics but every album gets worse and worse.
                5. Mos Def- He is great but puts out to much rock-rap
                6. Saigon- SOOO MUCH HYPE
                7. Lupe Fiasco- I think we could see one from him.
                8. Little Brother- The Minstrel Show was a great album, and they will soon put out Getback.
                9. T.I- One of these days a southern rapper has to put out something decent.
                10. Ludacris- He has become much more mature with Release Therapy.

I agree with Dr. Dre, if he ever actually puts out Detox rather than just talking about it. Mos Def definitely has the talent and Saigon is the next big thing in hip-hop. I have all the faith in the world that Sai will put out at least one classic album in his career. Lupe already has a classic album, I don't know if you've ever heard of it tho. It's called Food & Liquor. Have you ever listened to Food & Liquor or College Dropout for that matter? Those two albums are undeniably classics. And lots of people, including me, consider Trap Muzik to be a classic album. It's one of the better albums ever to come out of the south, but I don't think TI will ever come close to topping it. His albums have been pretty ****** since then.
                When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

There is already a Rap thread, why make a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
                    I agree with Dr. Dre, if he ever actually puts out Detox rather than just talking about it. Mos Def definitely has the talent and Saigon is the next big thing in hip-hop. I have all the faith in the world that Sai will put out at least one classic album in his career. Lupe already has a classic album, I don't know if you've ever heard of it tho. It's called Food & Liquor. Have you ever listened to Food & Liquor or College Dropout for that matter? Those two albums are undeniably classics. And lots of people, including me, consider Trap Muzik to be a classic album. It's one of the better albums ever to come out of the south, but I don't think TI will ever come close to topping it. His albums have been pretty ****** since then.
                    Thank you love Food & Liquor and College Dropout I consider both of them classics but a lot of people on this ite dont + rep.

4/16/07 R.I.P VT
                    sig by jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      There is already a Rap thread, why make a new one?
                      I couldent find the old one.

4/16/07 R.I.P VT
                      sig by jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by jagsfreak27 View Post
                        Thank you love Food & Liquor and College Dropout I consider both of them classics but a lot of people on this ite dont + rep.
                        Thanks, dude. Both albums came at times when hip-hop really needed them. They both were a breath of fresh air. Lupe's got a new album droppin this summer and I know it's gonna be ill. The kid's got "IT". Lupe outspit Jay-Z twice already in his short career. Once on Pressure and once on the Sittin Sideways remix. Food & Liquor will still be listened to 20 years from now. College Dropout was two tracks away from being a perfect album. If you take out Kanye's workout plan and that song with Ludacris, then that album woulda been flawless. I'm not sure what criteria some people judge music with. Maybe Lupe doesn't use the n-word enough or talk about rims and guns and hoes enough to satisfy people's tastes.
                        When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

Lupes pretty boring if you ask me. I really only listen to Kick Push 2 off the CD.

What constitutes classic hip-hop album?

Comment

Lupe is actually one of my favorite right now. I loved his album, and his new single (sort of new) "Coulda Been" is real nice.

To be honest, even though many won't agree with me, I don't mind TI or Luda. They make good music. Well...TI has a nice flow, thats about it. But Luda makes good music.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                              Lupes pretty boring if you ask me. I really only listen to Kick Push 2 off the CD.

What constitutes classic hip-hop album?
                              The songs I have been listening to off Food and Liquor are Kick Push, I Gotcha, Daydreamin and The Instrumental.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information