Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Oscar De La Hoya. Who you got?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nerv
    I predict a decision and then decision controversy. And then a rematch asap to drain another amount of cash from everyone.
    Oh, I guarantee a close fight leads to a rematch. Especially if DLH loses a close one.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Did I mention boring monotanous decision? I guess that is just assumed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Schubert
        Originally posted by Merch
        Ricky Hatton>Floyd Mayweather
        Major England homerism there. Hatton barely beat Collazo and has only 1 win over a very good opponent. Miguel Cotto is better than Hatton and he isnt in PBF's league.
        Didn't Hatton have to go up a weight to fight Collazo though? He is best at the weight at which he fought Tszyu, no-one has a body-shot like Hatton's at that weight and no-one can match him for pure intensity and work-rate. I just wish he wouldn't let his weight balloon in between fights like he does.

Thanks to FoosballIsTheDevil for the sig

Comment

Major England homerism there. Hatton barely beat Collazo and has only 1 win over a very good opponent. Miguel Cotto is better than Hatton and he isnt in PBF's league.
          Didn't Hatton have to go up a weight to fight Collazo though? He is best at the weight at which he fought Tszyu, no-one has a body-shot like Hatton's at that weight and no-one can match him for pure intensity and work-rate. I just wish he wouldn't let his weight balloon in between fights like he does.
          He went up to 47 because he said he felt he would fight better there. Regardless, the only guy he has beat was an old Tszyu. He made a career of beating up average fighters in the UK (cant say I blame him) and has never proven himself imo. Saying he is better than Floyd is nuts. Heck, it would be tough arguing he is better than cotto (whose body shots are just as good). His work rate is astounding, but he did gas in the Collazo so maybe he is slowing down from a career of volume punching.

Comment

He went up to 47 because he said he felt he would fight better there. Regardless, the only guy he has beat was an old Tszyu. He made a career of beating up average fighters in the UK (cant say I blame him) and has never proven himself imo. Saying he is better than Floyd is nuts. Heck, it would be tough arguing he is better than cotto (whose body shots are just as good). His work rate is astounding, but he did gas in the Collazo so maybe he is slowing down from a career of volume punching.
            The cuts he gets around his eyes have never helped him either, but if Hatton got to face Mayweather over here in the MEN arena I still say he would give Mayweather a run for his money.

Comment

The cuts he gets around his eyes have never helped him either, but if Hatton got to face Mayweather over here in the MEN arena I still say he would give Mayweather a run for his money.
              Perhaps in England, but I really couldn't see him winning a decision unless the judges were extremely partial to Hatton. He would a lucky punch imo.

Comment

Perhaps in England, but I really couldn't see him winning a decision unless the judges were extremely partial to Hatton. He would a lucky punch imo.
                I don't think there is any way in which Hatton could win a fight against Mayweather in America. It just wouldn't happen, in Manchester though he seems to feed off the crowd and pull it out of the bag. Our next big thing on the boxing scene is Amir Khan. If he progresses the way he should we will have a third top talent to go with Calzaghe and Hatton.

Comment

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Oscar De La Hoya. Who you got?

Originally posted by MaxV
                  Originally posted by badintentions
                  Fight of the decade coming up boys and girls. It's fought at 154 where Floyd, the p4p king, has never fought.

Who you guys got?
                  I don't think that this is a "fight of the decade", it'll be a good fight, but not of that status.

I also believe that Floyd will win it by a KO.
                  I hope you mean TKO Max. Can you honestly see PBF knocking DLH cold to the point where he cant get up before 10? Floyd doesn't have that power at 47 and DLH's chin isnt bad at all.
                  Well a ref could stop that fight without DLH going down. PBF could barrage him with punches to the point where a ref won't have a choice but to end it.

BTW, Floyd's power is good.

Comment

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Oscar De La Hoya. Who you got?

Originally posted by badintentions
                    Fight of the decade coming up boys and girls. It's fought at 154 where Floyd, the p4p king, has never fought.

Who you guys got?
                    I don't think that this is a "fight of the decade", it'll be a good fight, but not of that status.

I also believe that Floyd will win it by a KO.
                    I hope you mean TKO Max. Can you honestly see PBF knocking DLH cold to the point where he cant get up before 10? Floyd doesn't have that power at 47 and DLH's chin isnt bad at all.
                    Well a ref could stop that fight without DLH going down. PBF could barrage him with punches to the point where a ref won't have a choice but to end it.

BTW, Floyd's power is good.

Well, it is underrated at 47. But at 154 i have a hard time seeing Floyd as a hard puncher.

Comment

I don't think there is any way in which Hatton could win a fight against Mayweather in America. It just wouldn't happen, in Manchester though he seems to feed off the crowd and pull it out of the bag. Our next big thing on the boxing scene is Amir Khan. If he progresses the way he should we will have a third top talent to go with Calzaghe and Hatton.
                      Amir Khan is awesome. I love watching him fight and think he will be awesome. I just hope he comes to America and fight legit guys....

Also, regarding Calzaghe. What the hell is he doing not fighting Kessler. That is the fight boxing needs, not Manfredo. :evil:

Comment

Amir Khan is awesome. I love watching him fight and think he will be awesome. I just hope he comes to America and fight legit guys....

Also, regarding Calzaghe. What the hell is he doing not fighting Kessler. That is the fight boxing needs, not Manfredo. :evil:
                        Yeh Khan is awesome but at times he has got cocky and let things slip a little, luckily he's only fighting journeymen atm otherwise better fighters would have punished him.

Calzaghe I think just cares about keeping his unbeaten record at this stage in his career, also he has Frank Warren as his Manager. Manfredo is the one off Contender isn't he?

Comment

Yeh Khan is awesome but at times he has got cocky and let things slip a little, luckily he's only fighting journeymen atm otherwise better fighters would have punished him.

Calzaghe I think just cares about keeping his unbeaten record at this stage in his career, also he has Frank Warren as his Manager. Manfredo is the one off Contender isn't he?
                          Indeed. Kinda pathetic instead of Kessler he is fighting "the guy from the contender. From what I have seen of Kessler, I think he would beat Joe.

Comment

Indeed. Kinda pathetic instead of Kessler he is fighting "the guy from the contender. From what I have seen of Kessler, I think he would beat Joe.
                            Which is precisely the reason why Frank Warren will avoid scheduling a matchup between them. Its Warren's style, and is the reason why Hatton left Warren.

Comment

Which is precisely the reason why Frank Warren will avoid scheduling a matchup between them. Its Warren's style, and is the reason why Hatton left Warren.
                              Warren sounds like a jackass. Cant really blam Joe tho, he is cleaning up money wise and not taking dangerous fights. I applaud Hatton for leaving him tho. Is Khan signed with Warren?

Comment

Warren sounds like a jackass. Cant really blam Joe tho, he is cleaning up money wise and not taking dangerous fights. I applaud Hatton for leaving him tho. Is Khan signed with Warren?
                                Yes he is, so expect to see Khan protected alot. I think he will get to see some of the bigger fights like Hatton wanted though because he is definitely a more excitiing prospect. He will be the most exciting fighter Britain has had since Prince Naseem Hamed was in his prime. Except he will be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information