Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey for people who have played high school ball...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey for people who have played high school ball...

would you consider getting moved from Guard to Center a demotion???
    cuz our center ran a faster 40, so my coach wants him to play guard and me center, hes 6'0 175lbs and im 5'11 240lbs and im a better pass blocker...idk i kno im not as fast, or am too bummed about possibly playing center?

Please, never post again.

Comment

why is that?

Comment

It's not a demotion b/c you'll still be playing. I'm sure you guys run plays where the guard has to pull and he wants the guard thats a bit more athletic. Nothing to worry about!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
          would you consider getting moved from Guard to Center a demotion???
          cuz our center ran a faster 40, so my coach wants him to play guard and me center, hes 6'0 175lbs and im 5'11 240lbs and im a better pass blocker...idk i kno im not as fast, or am too bummed about possibly playing center?
          Depending on how you feel about feeling the tender touch of another man, I guess it could be viewed as either a promotion or a demotion.
          j/p. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Just go out there and kick some ass regardless of where you play.

Comment

yeah we run a flexbone, hes gonna be the quick guard.... we are both gonna be juniors next year and we both started as sophmores this past season on varsity.

Comment

its only a demotion if you let it be, if you tune your skills toward center and become as good at that than you were as guard then by no means is it a demotion

Comment

why is that?

It's pretty obvious, isn't it?

Comment

id kill u guys in bball.......

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

yeah we run a flexbone, hes gonna be the quick guard.... we are both gonna be juniors next year and we both started as sophmores this past season on varsity.
                    Just continue to work hard and make the most of your oppurtunity at center. The coach is doing what he feels is best for the team and you continue to start b/c he trusts your abilities as a linemen.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

That makes no sense what so ever. If he ran faster than he should be at center since he would most likely pull more(nevermind you answed this). Also 6'0 175 is very skinny center. When I was a freshman in highschool I was 5'10 160 and ran a 4.9.

To answer your question, I will I will ask you a question. Do you enjoy having the occasional sweaty hand placed under your anus, if you do CONGRATS on being center.
                      Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                      the only hot actreeses are adult
                      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                      players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                      Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

yeah, in our offense doesnt pull the center, mostly the quick guard...
                        like i did a pretty good job, in our 10 games last year when we watched tape i scored the highest on about 8 games on how good we did.
                        and i wanna do wats best for the team

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                          id kill u guys in bball.......
                          im by far the best bball player on this site

Comment

Actually, you should take it as a compliment. The center is the QB of the offensive line. You are trusted with informing the rest of your line a majority of the blocking responsibilties. Your coach probably views you as a smart football player. I don't know if that is the case, but that is how I see it. I was a linemen in the youth leagues, but since I basically never grew, (I am 5'7" now) and had good quickness, I was moved to FB and LB. I played all of the positions on O-line, and center was my favorite. You just have to be ready to take on the extra responsibilities. Good luck and kick some a$$.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

You should accept it as a new mission. This year i had to play all postions on the o-line including TE. It didnt matter to me where i was at. I only cared about was getting better and contributing to the team. You should too.
                              Last edited by islandboy843; 04-23-2007, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information