Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madden 08

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/784/784281p1.html

The major focus, as it should be, is on gameplay. Remember that old "If it's in the game, it's in the game" line? Tiburon is taking that to heart. If it's on the field -- laterals, gang tackles, diving catches, strips, shutdown corners, hurdles -- it's in Madden, said producer Ian Cummings. His vision? Pure dynamic gameplay. You control the animations -- the animations don't control you. You can see what Cummings has to say in our exclusive video interview.
    OH MY GOD FINALLY. hopefully

sounds good I always wanted to do laterals.

Comment

I finally finished reading the whole thing, and I can't wait for a ball carrier to try and hurdle over me...

Also, defensive AI is fixed, and apparently I'm actually going to *fear* Champ Bailey, and other monsters on defense. Also, while the defense can hit people in mid air going for the ball, your superstars can now make superstar catches... one handed, put the feet down, and turn at 90 degrees and go upfield, instead of watching it soar three feet away from him. Apparently corner routes have been fixed, so they don't work all day, and fatigue will actually play an effect, so players can't just keep running the hail mary all day. Miami will have trouble dealing with the cold in Foxboro, and New England will have trouble dealing with the heat in Miami.

Damn, that's not even all of the improvements, so you might as well read it yourself.

Comment

Nice. About time some info about Madden 08 came out.

Comment

Wow, after watching that video interview I'm extremely impressed. I can only hope that it's not just talk and that it actually translates to the game. It sounds like they addressed most of the major problems with the gameplay though.

Comment

Here are some the rookie players in Madden 08: http://www.easports.com/maddennfl/draft.jsp

Comment

If there's no fantasy draft for 360, I'm not going to buy it.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                If there's no fantasy draft for 360, I'm not going to buy it.
                I agree. I didn't enjoy the Madden 07 this year on 360 or PS3.

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

it looks like this will make up for last years version of the game

Comment

I can't wait for the improved blocking, with linemen double-teaming and moving to the second-level. That's been a big problem in the past. The up/down hit stick is pretty cool too.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Ok, I'm gunna pose a few questions about this game and hope they get answered.

1) Is there still going to be the stupid QB vision crap that 07 had? I bought 07, had it for maybe 2 weeks and sold it because the vision pissed me the hell off.

2) With all these "sweet" new features that make it literally you doing everything, isn't it going to be nearly impossible? I mean you have to control every player on the field. I might be mistaking this though, is it just that you have the OPTION to control everyone on the field? Is it that you have the option to, but if you don't and let the comp run the WR route and you throw the ball, then the comp kinda sucks or what? Just a bit confused, didn't play 07 much.

3) What's this about people saying there's no fantasy draft???

4) Isn't it going to be ridiculous trying to remember the individual controls for every position on the field?
                      Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                        Ok, I'm gunna pose a few questions about this game and hope they get answered.

1) Is there still going to be the stupid QB vision crap that 07 had? I bought 07, had it for maybe 2 weeks and sold it because the vision pissed me the hell off.

2) With all these "sweet" new features that make it literally you doing everything, isn't it going to be nearly impossible? I mean you have to control every player on the field. I might be mistaking this though, is it just that you have the OPTION to control everyone on the field? Is it that you have the option to, but if you don't and let the comp run the WR route and you throw the ball, then the comp kinda sucks or what? Just a bit confused, didn't play 07 much.

3) What's this about people saying there's no fantasy draft???

4) Isn't it going to be ridiculous trying to remember the individual controls for every position on the field?

They haven't said anything about a fantasy draft, so I'm assuming that there isn't going to be one for Xbox 360 or PS3.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                          I thought QB vision was one of the best features added to Madden. I can't even play without it anymore. Also don't see any reason why they would remove it from the game since it adds to the "realism" they're trying to achieve.

Comment

sounds good so far, but 2k8 sounds better
                            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Ginn better be 98 speed.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information