De La Hoya vs Mayweather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De La Hoya vs Mayweather

I know there is a boxing thread somewhere out there, but given the fact this is the last big fight in five years, I believe a separate thread should exist. Mods: it will be gone in a week, just let this one play its course out.

Mayweather (MW) is unquestionably faster than De La Hoya (DLH). However, DLH has faced some of the toughest competition in multiple weight divisions. Meanwhile, MW has been accused of ducking tough bouts before this one. So the question that stands out is this: although MW is more gifted, does DLH's experience give him a true shot at winning?

Vegas has MW -200 and DLH +160, meaning MW is a considerable favorite.

Thoughts...

Mayweather will win on points, but it won't be a blowout.

Like him or not, Oscar is a good boxer.

Comment

No one should argue otherwise: DLH is a heck of a fighter. One of the biggest boxers out there today.

Comment

mayweather is gonna knock him out

Comment

I dont mind MAyweather, but I like DLH better. There are so many storylines leading into this bout. Like Mayweather father was DLH trainer leading up to the fight. Up here, TSN showed a feature on the two training, and it was jokes when Mayweather's uncle/trainer, called Freddy Roach (DLH trainer) and asked him about how the training was going, and then Roach started cutting up Mayweathers uncle asking him to speak english, and that he couldnt hear him, lol. Then hung up on him.

I cant wait for this fight. Im expecting this to be a GREAT bout. I have such high expectations for this fight. I think it will be great.

Only 5 days to go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
            mayweather is gonna knock him out

I don't think so. MW isn't really a power puncher and Oscar isn't as soft as some make him out to be.

I think this one will go the distance.

Comment

Should be a great fight. Im Def buying it on PPV.
              I'm taking MW on this one though cuz speed kills.

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

i had a dream that de la hoya won, take it for what its worth. ive also canoed through a entire city, with bus that formed into big canoes, so you never know.

i dont see mayweather losing, also is this really going to be his last fight

Comment

Mayweather easy

Jags:8-8
                  Duke B-Ball:22-10
                  Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
                  4/16/07 R.I.P VT
                  sig by jackalope

Comment

De La Hoya wins the early rounds, Mayweather closes it out in the end. He'll win by like 3 or 4 rounds.

Comment

Dont ask me why, but I have a feeling that this fight could be fixed. DLH's last fight, maybe FMJ throws it and joins up with Golden Boy. I dont I get a bad feeling. And please dont flame, among boxing fans on this board, it is well known that i know my stuff so if u flame be prepared to debate.
                      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

I lost all respect for De La Hoya and boxing in general when I watched DLH win an obviously fixed fight. I can't remember the fight, but it was probably about a year or two ago. It went to scorecards and DLH needed to win it to move onto a big fight that was expected to bring in a ton of cash. He got beat and everybody knew it but they gave him the decision so the next fight could take place.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                          Dont ask me why, but I have a feeling that this fight could be fixed. DLH's last fight, maybe FMJ throws it and joins up with Golden Boy. I dont I get a bad feeling. And please dont flame, among boxing fans on this board, it is well known that i know my stuff so if u flame be prepared to debate.
                          if anybody else said that i wouldnt listen but i actually believe you, interesting point

Comment

De La Hoya is bigger and stronger than Mayweather. Mayweather is gonna try and knock him out and Oscar is just gonna beat him like a drum.

Comment

Originally posted by 22,895 View Post
                              De La Hoya is bigger and stronger than Mayweather. Mayweather is gonna try and knock him out and Oscar is just gonna beat him like a drum.
                              mayweather is so fast, and is one of the best in dodging punches ive ever seen

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information