Traffic Court!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Court!

Yeah i have traffic court tomorrow, i'm arguing a speeding ticket. Anyone actually done this and won?

I was driving in a school zone but i had no idea, just driving the speed limit and then boom i see the flashing lights and slow down.... but it's too late. Suggestions?

Pray to god that the guy doesn't show up. I am sure god will be willing to change it for you. He is all about changing laws for just one person ever now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
      Pray to god that the guy doesn't show up. I am sure god will be willing to change it for you. He is all about changing laws for just one person ever now and then.
      that's what my brother said... the first part.

Comment

If he shows up uh... nothing you can do.

Kind of silly to fight a ticket when you broke the law but heh, go for it.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
          If he shows up uh... nothing you can do.

Kind of silly to fight a ticket when you broke the law but heh, go for it.
          Have you ever seen the movie Blow?

Comment

thats all it is......a movie, granted it is based of a true story. do you have millions upon millions of dollars?? unless you are facing jail time or got arrested there is no point in fighting a ticket, it can't be more than $500 dollars anyway, could it??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
              thats all it is......a movie, granted it is based of a true story. do you have millions upon millions of dollars?? unless you are facing jail time or got arrested there is no point in fighting a ticket, it can't be more than $500 dollars anyway, could it??
              No, i'm talking about the part in the movie when he recites the song/poem in open court. The ticket they're trying to stick me with is about 400 dollars... just because it was a school zone. I had no idea until the lights started flashing, my arguement is that there wasn't sufficient notification that i was in a school zone... i was driving peacefully and then as i got really close to the sign the lights flashed on. I started to slow down just didn't slam on the brakes and then the copper pulled me over.

Comment

I am sure saying you didn't notice or their wasn't sufficient warning will work. I mean they have only been doing this for 50 years... I am sure they haven't heard that one.

Make up some funny story or something. Be original.

Comment

Originally posted by McBain View Post
                  No, i'm talking about the part in the movie when he recites the song/poem in open court. The ticket they're trying to stick me with is about 400 dollars... just because it was a school zone. I had no idea until the lights started flashing, my arguement is that there wasn't sufficient notification that i was in a school zone... i was driving peacefully and then as i got really close to the sign the lights flashed on. I started to slow down just didn't slam on the brakes and then the copper pulled me over.
                  if you're going to do that, you better have pictures of exactly where you were pulled over, and the signs in question... otherwise that'll get you nowhere.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Yeah dude, just go in there, plead guilty w/ explanation, and say that it was one of those things that you couldn't avoid.

Obviously if you're posting this in here it was your first offense? Usually the judge(depends on the guy) will just look at your record, and if it's clean, give you like a $100 fine plus court costs and no or one points on your record.

Realllly pointless to fight something like that unless you have a lawyer. If you did, he could have given you a good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                      I am sure saying you didn't notice or their wasn't sufficient warning will work. I mean they have only been doing this for 50 years... I am sure they haven't heard that one.

Make up some funny story or something. Be original.
                      "Well, in all honesty, I don't feel what I've done is a crime. And I think it's illogical, and irresponsible for you to sentence me to prison. Because, when you think about it, what did I do? I crossed an imaginary line with a bunch of plants. I mean you say I'm an outlaw. You say I'm a thief, but where's the christmas dinner for the people on relief? Huh? You say you're looking for someone who's never weept, but always thrown together flowers constantly whether you were right or wrong. Someone to open each and every door, but it ain't me, babe. No, no, no, it ain't me, babe. It ain't me you're looking for, babe. You follow?"

I'll just replace prison with fine and "crossed an imaginary line with a bunch of plants" with crossed an imaginary line going an average speed.

Seriously though.. think i'll try to plea down like that raven guy said. That seems the most logical.

Just a general question though, has anyone beat the system in traffic court?

Comment

Originally posted by McBain View Post
                        Just a general question though, has anyone beat the system in traffic court?
                        no, everyone has to pay something. and just to let you know, you fighting it will probably add on more too it in court cost. you will now have to be the fine + court cost. when it comes to traffic tickets, you always just pay and be on your way. deferred adjudication is the answer unless that is an only texas thing. ask for that if you can and that way you have like 90 days to not get pulled over for anything and it won't be put on your record. and that helps save you money when it comes to your insurance.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I almost got a speeding ticket once.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

so, let's review. you got caught speeding in a school zone. an area that you're supposed to slow down and pay close attention as to not hit a child. your argument is; you weren't paying close enough attention to notice that you were in a school zone. my advice to you is to you is: don't waste your time. pay the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                              so, let's review. you got caught speeding in a school zone. an area that you're supposed to slow down and pay close attention as to not hit a child. your argument is; you weren't paying close enough attention to notice that you were in a school zone. my advice to you is to you is: don't waste your time. pay the ticket.
                              No, i was driving in a school zone and i was going the correct normal speed (50) and as i approached it, the lights above the sign started to flash so that means the speed drops to 20 or 25... i forget... either way, i let off the gas and maybe decelerated to like 43 maybe 40 and then got pulled over. My arguement is that the lights flashed right as i hit the sign, thus not giving me adequete time to slow down. I was slowing down and had the lights been flashing earlier i would have slowed to the speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information