Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philisophy question....Matrix style

interesting question was posed today

what would happen if Neo from the Matrix would have taken BOTH the blue and the red pill at the same time?

I had to write a little paper but the basic thought from me is. Since they were inside the Matrix at the time, the pill represented a decision. It was a a symbol of choice and not anything physical. If by taking both pills, it would mean the choices would either cancle each other out or overide the other. Which means he would not make a decision, therefore him taking both pills could not have existsed because you cant make two one awnser choices simulantously. So it would have created a time vortex in which he would have travled back in time to a point where he is presented with the choice one again. Until he made a choice, or took either pill, he would continously rewind time up until that point.

or either he would take both pills and die :)

well thats my basic theory (or hypothesis). I dont know if i will write that or think or something else. What do you think would happen

...yes nerd talk

-sig by jkpigskin

I think they were sugar pills, nothing would have happened. They're just trying to mess with his mind man!

Comment

hes right tho, that it represented the choice to enter "reality" and leave the matrix. taking both pills is the same as taking neither because it shows that he has not made a choice. as for the whole time vortex thing, im not so sure about that.

what if neo was lied to the entire time and no matter which pill he took would take him to reality so by taking both would warrant the same result.

i really have no idea tho, its all speculation
      ]

Comment

The whole point was to make a decision, as others have said. Taking both means nothing.

Comment

I think that they were both really reality pills, but they knew he wuold choose to take the red pill, they just wanted him to feel like he had a choice...i dont know...lol

Comment

another thought is that the red pill made him become the one possibly. so if he took the blue or both it would have not made neo the one.
            ]

Comment

Originally posted by snobdmat View Post
              hes right tho, that it represented the choice to enter "reality" and leave the matrix. taking both pills is the same as taking neither because it shows that he has not made a choice. as for the whole time vortex thing, im not so sure about that. what if neo was lied to the entire time and no matter which pill he took would take him to reality so by taking both would warrant the same result.

i really have no idea tho, its all speculation
              I know, lol I was just going to say that to spicen up my little paper. :)

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

so who has an idea for me to steal?

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I think the pills has nothing to do with the actual fact of him going back It was just to show morpheus his choice.

Had he taken both of them morpheus would have ***** slap him and said "MAKE A CHOICE YOU JACKASS!!"

Life is hard then we die

The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Comment

lol...........

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

hmmm... wouldn't happen. Neo'd just sit there wondering what to do, and then that bold buddhist kid would walk in and say 'there is no pill' and that'd be the end of the movie.

I love the Matrix. Pity they made it a triologie though. It got worse as the sequals came along.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

the fight scenes were good all through each movie....

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
                          the fight scenes were good all through each movie....
                          true. But they did get longer every time... to the point of boredom.

It's not a good thing when televised violence becomes a bore.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

He would've fell into a deep depression, shave half of his head and lock himself in a room without windows. He would then listen to 'White Rabbit' all day and ask his oscillating fan questions it can only answer "No" to.

Comment

Nothing would happen. Analogy: It's like taking a pill for constipation along with a pill for diahrea. Or taking a sleeping pill and doing a couple lines of coke.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information