Broke my wrist.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke my wrist.

So ****. I took a rather nasty spill off my bike and my wrist is now broken and in a cast for six weeks. The thumb is completely immobilized so my right hand is pretty useless.

And yeah, I'm not a lefty.

I work in a kitchen so I can't do my job, nothing I can do without my good hand.

Any ideas what temp. job I could pick up in the meantime? I can type okay with my left hand but that's about it.

This is really, really ******. Can't lift weights, can't work, can't do freaking ANYTHING.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

damn, hope it wasn't your whacking wrist.

Comment

What kind of kitchen did you work in?
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I could help you if you live in the southern california area, if not, good luck.

Comment

If you know MS Excel, you can get a lot of temp work if you're in a city. Just look up the big temp agencies and go in for a test. They'll find you work.

And yeah, whacking with your opposite hand is like getting a hand job from a girl. It just doesn't feel right, but it does the job...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I've broken my wrist twice. It's a pretty crappy injury. Hope you have an easy recovery.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I broke my wrist in 4th grade playing "kill the carrier". I wasn't whacking it at age 9, so my biggest problem was when I hit my brother in the ribs using my cast hand, and he cried like a beyotch...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                And yeah, whacking with your opposite hand is like getting a hand job from a girl. It just doesn't feel right, but it does the job...
                Classic quote but its definitely the truth.
                Originally posted by nvot9
                I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

HAHAHA

Oh that's so true, I hadn't thought about it like that.

And don't worry, I'm pretty sure I can use the injury for at least a couple extra pity lays a week so hopefully I won't need to do the lefty handshake too often.

As for kitchen, I'm at an upscale country club right now but fine-dining restaurants are my forté.

Unfortunately I live in a pos nowhere town right now; Charlotte is about an hour away. Not sure what I'll do, still have a couple months until student loans start up and my savings can carry me for 6 weeks but it'd wipe me out.
                  Last edited by Sportsfan486; 05-04-2007, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Well, I've been quoted in 2 other users' sigs. Does anyone else want to use that quote for #3?

Comment

Well, I've been quoted in 2 other users' sigs. Does anyone else want to use that quote for #3?
                      Heck yeah. Done.

Comment

hmmm...so your typing with 1 hand? and your wrong hand at that?

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
                          hmmm...so your typing with 1 hand? and your wrong hand at that?
                          Indeed. It's pretty frustrating but I'm still probably at 30-40 words a minute, so it's workable.

Comment

hmmm...I will type the next setence with my left

typing wit ur vleft hand sucks

lol

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
                              hmmm...I will type the next setence with my left

typing wit ur vleft hand sucks

lol

Yeah.

I've just used a computer extensively for the last 10 years so my typing skills, even minus my good hand, are decent.

But no computer games, can't grip the mouse. Damn these 6 weeks are gunna suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information