Car Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance

Yeah, so I finally bought a car yesterday, pretty sweet ride, 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix, and I was pretty stoked. Then today I have to go buy insurance on my own for the first time, and the stokedness is no more. Yikes! So all you old timers out there, I finally understand why you are always so grumpy...

Insurance is a biyatch.
    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
      So all you old timers out there, I finally understand why you are always so grumpy...

hah, not quite...you should see how much cheaper it gets when you hit 25.

4 years without an ticket doesn't hurt either.

Comment

How old are you?

I take it you're pretty young, so brace yourself for a ridiculous $$$ amount. I know I wanted to burn down a daycare after my agent gave me the reality slap.

Comment

Yeah, you had no insurance before, you're buying your first car, and it's a pretty sporty sedan or coupe. You're also a male. Depending on your deductible and limits, you could get hit pretty damn hard. Keep your traffic tickets down and shop around, and you could find yourself in a decent situation. Shop around to see what you can get. Liberty Mutual, GEICO, State Farm, Nationwide, etc. Look at all of them and compare.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

NJ has the highest car insurance the US. Paying it is not fun. Although I think I have the cheapest I can get for the state.

Comment

NJ has the highest auto rates in the country because the drivers are incredibly aggressive, there is a ton of traffic, people drive long distances to work, and there is a lot of through-traffic on the major highways. To top it off, there are a lot of lawyers and ambulance chasers out there to make sure that there are lots of settlements on minor auto claims.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I pay $30 a week for car insurance, so it doesn't bother me too much. My car, on the other hand, does bother me. It's a piece of junk.

Comment

Originally posted by JCutlery View Post
                  I pay $30 a week for car insurance, so it doesn't bother me too much. My car, on the other hand, does bother me. It's a piece of junk.
                  Didn't you post pictures of it once? I remember that "thing"

And villagewarrior, Move to New Hampshire(I think it's NH) and you don't have to buy car insurance, problem solved.

Comment

Just because you don't have to buy car insurance doesn't mean it's a useless expense. With the courts the way they are today, it's important to carry something to cover your own liability.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                      NJ has the highest auto rates in the country because the drivers are incredibly aggressive, there is a ton of traffic, people drive long distances to work, and there is a lot of through-traffic on the major highways. To top it off, there are a lot of lawyers and ambulance chasers out there to make sure that there are lots of settlements on minor auto claims.
                      Oh I know why it is so high. Its still the highest and I have to pay, which sucks for me. My insurance should go down really soon, I'll be 24 in August and have never had one accident or ticket. (Knock on wood). I'll probably get a ticket now on the way home from work for speeding.

Comment

Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                        Yeah, so I finally bought a car yesterday, pretty sweet ride, 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix, and I was pretty stoked. Then today I have to go buy insurance on my own for the first time, and the stokedness is no more. Yikes! So all you old timers out there, I finally understand why you are always so grumpy...
                        See if you can get one of your parents to add you to their insurance. Should be a lot cheaper that way. (depending on who your parents are)

Comment

i got a 99 jeep grand cherokee last summer with the a payment of 280 a month which isn't that bad considering it only had 90,000 miles on a 99, little did I know the insurance would be $200 a month. :(

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                            See if you can get one of your parents to add you to their insurance. Should be a lot cheaper that way. (depending on who your parents are)
                            So there's no legal ramifications if I drive a car insured by somebody else? My mom's the co-signer for my car so if she had the insurance under her name instead of mine it would be cheaper but still a legal form of insurance? We were always thinking we couldn't do it that way.

Bosanac01

Comment

If you live with your parents, you can put the car on their insurance, and you would be listed as a secondary driver on the car. It's a tougher sell for them, but if you're living with older people, the insurance companies feel better about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information