Portland, Oregon and PSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland, Oregon and PSU

I am possibly going to Portland State to play football next year. But I want to know if anyone has lived there, and can tell me how the city is. I want to know in terms of bars, parties, girls, etc. Also, does anyone know anything about the school?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

What ever happened to UTEP?

Comment

I didn't make the team here. But I sent film and everything to PSU, and they called me back yesterday saying I had a walk on spot. And that if I come in and show I can hit I have a legitimate shot to get on special teams early. Then its all downhill from there.
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Good for you sir, take it easy on Puget Sound they still roughed up from the beating Michael Allan put on them.
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I love Portland as a city. I'm not precisely sure where the school is located in the city, but there are a lot of colleges in the region, so there's a strong student contingent.

Fantastic public transportation, tons of retaurants, nice bars (but higher class ones, I didn't see a whole lot of college bars, although I'm sure they're there).

Comment

Yes but you would have to suffer through Trail Blazers games so weigh your decision carefully.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
              I am possibly going to Portland State to play football next year. But I want to know if anyone has lived there, and can tell me how the city is. I want to know in terms of bars, parties, girls, etc. Also, does anyone know anything about the school?
              I'm up here right now. Honestly, I don't go out much. But I know we have a ton of great bars (if you love non-bmc beer, then we have some of the best.) Also, we have (one of?) the highest amount of strip clubs per capita in the nation. Or at least we did last I heard. So if that's your thing, then this is the spot. We have a ton of outdoors type hobby stuff to do around here. So if you love hiking/snowboarding or stuff like that, this is the place as well. Love weed? This is the place. Hate the rain? This is not the place. haha. Also, I heard they hired Jerry Glanville as coach this year. So that seems to be a good thing as far as the football team goes. They are actually a very good team. Hmm. What else to say. Girls? Shoot, you can find girls everywhere. I've read your posts, and I don't think you'll have any problems. Especially if you're in the college scene and play football. Hell, you can find girls on the internet nowadays. Anyway, yeah. I used to think that I hated Oregon when I was a kid, (because of the rain) but the older I get the more I realize that there is probably no other place in the country I'd rather be. Tons of pluses with only a few minuses. Not an expert on this town in particular though because I grew up in Eugene. If you have more questions, I'd be happy to give you my best answers.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                I'm up here right now. Honestly, I don't go out much. But I know we have a ton of great bars (if you love non-bmc beer, then we have some of the best.) Also, we have (one of?) the highest amount of strip clubs per capita in the nation. Or at least we did last I heard. So if that's your thing, then this is the spot. We have a ton of outdoors type hobby stuff to do around here. So if you love hiking/snowboarding or stuff like that, this is the place as well. Love weed? This is the place. Hate the rain? This is not the place. haha. Also, I heard they hired Jerry Glanville as coach this year. So that seems to be a good thing as far as the football team goes. They are actually a very good team. Hmm. What else to say. Girls? Shoot, you can find girls everywhere. I've read your posts, and I don't think you'll have any problems. Especially if you're in the college scene and play football. Hell, you can find girls on the internet nowadays. Anyway, yeah. I used to think that I hated Oregon when I was a kid, (because of the rain) but the older I get the more I realize that there is probably no other place in the country I'd rather be. Tons of pluses with only a few minuses. Not an expert on this town in particular though because I grew up in Eugene. If you have more questions, I'd be happy to give you my best answers.
                Ya, the reason I asked about girls, El Paso has 25-30k less single girls between 18-25 than they have single guys. It is also one of the fattest cities in the country. So the pool of eligible, hot girls is very small. But you make do with what you have, right?

I absolutely love the rain. After being in the desert for 6 out of the last 7 years, it will be like heaven. Unfortunately, the weed part will have to wait, damn NCAA drug testing...

What about the looks of girls, have you noticed that some places just have incredibly hot girls, places like Austin, Dallas, Phoenix, Florida(although they seem to be dumb as rocks...) Where El Paso just had the opposite, a large number of very ugly girls.

Jerry Glanville was the biggest reason that I sent them film. I want to coach, and having a former NFL coach would sure be able to open a lot of avenues when I am done playing. Then Mouse Davis is the O-coordinator, and he was on eof the originators of the Run and Shoot offense at Portland State in the 70's. So it seems like the coaching staff is incredibly good.
                But, lots of bars, good beer, strip clubs, rain, lots of weed, and football sure sounds like heaven to me.
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                  Ya, the reason I asked about girls, El Paso has 25-30k less single girls between 18-25 than they have single guys. It is also one of the fattest cities in the country. So the pool of eligible, hot girls is very small. But you make do with what you have, right?

I absolutely love the rain. After being in the desert for 6 out of the last 7 years, it will be like heaven. Unfortunately, the weed part will have to wait, damn NCAA drug testing...

What about the looks of girls, have you noticed that some places just have incredibly hot girls, places like Austin, Dallas, Phoenix, Florida(although they seem to be dumb as rocks...) Where El Paso just had the opposite, a large number of very ugly girls.

Jerry Glanville was the biggest reason that I sent them film. I want to coach, and having a former NFL coach would sure be able to open a lot of avenues when I am done playing. Then Mouse Davis is the O-coordinator, and he was on eof the originators of the Run and Shoot offense at Portland State in the 70's. So it seems like the coaching staff is incredibly good.
                  But, lots of bars, good beer, strip clubs, rain, lots of weed, and football sure sounds like heaven to me.
                  Yeah hell yeah, sounds like you'd love it up here. As far as the girls go, yeah there are plenty. I mean this is a big city. All big cities have plenty of girls I would assume. I mean, I haven't traveled much so there's not much for me to compare it to, but I see hot girls everyday. You'll only see skin from june-october, but just use your imagination during the other months, haha. Sounds like it'll be a big upgrade form where you're at now.

Anyway, I hope you make it up here. Sounds like it would be a great opportunity for you with the football team, and I think you'd really enjoy the change of scenery. Keep us posted on what develops.

Comment

This thread makes me want to visit Oregon again. I think I need to do a road trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      This thread makes me want to visit Oregon again. I think I need to do a road trip.
                      Hell yeah. It's funny 'cuz I've been wanting to take a road trip down there for a while. Visit some of my favorite breweries. Maybe we could trade spots for a week. Haha. Only thing is that it might cost your life savings to get up here. Man, we might see $4 a gallon here in a minute.

Comment

Hell yeah. It's funny 'cuz I've been wanting to take a road trip down there for a while. Visit some of my favorite breweries. Maybe we could trade spots for a week. Haha. Only thing is that it might cost your life savings to get up here. Man, we might see $4 a gallon here in a minute.
                        Illinois, at least where I'm at was at $3.95 recently. I say me, PMD, and someone all take a road trip up to Oregon and meet up with ds, then we go to every strip club in the state and drink ourselves into the next century while getting laid every night. Who's with me?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

At least it'd be cheaper than flying. The best flight I could find went up to Seattle first then came back down to Eugene. I have no idea what's up with that.

Speaking of the breweries, I recently discovered Prohibition Ale and I think I'm in love.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                            Illinois, at least where I'm at was at $3.95 recently. I say me, PMD, and someone all take a road trip up to Oregon and meet up with ds, then we go to every strip club in the state and drink ourselves into the next century while getting laid every night. Who's with me?
                            Sounds like a plan. Although 93 years of drinking might get old after a bit. Haha.

Comment

Sounds like a plan. Although 93 years of drinking might get old after a bit. Haha.
                              Nah, just drink so much that we won't wake up until the next century. Although that's not probably such a good idea either.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information