Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
    Still on one of these...

Hopefully will be getting one of these in July/August...

i'm really keen on getting a bike. hopefully in the summer but just before i get too old. i know you're in australia but how practical is a bike for you wog? i've heard that bikes can cost more than cars with various maintenance and the gear you need. and did you quickly grow outta the 250?

Comment

• 1989 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer (105,000 miles :P and it doesn't look nearly as nice as this picture)

Once the Blazer dies I'll be getting one of these (maybe a C5 though)...

Last edited by kalbears13; 02-16-2011, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• my mother's hand-me-down.

Comment

• When I graduate from college and get commissioned, my friends and I are all going to go and buy ourselves "Ensign Cars". Mine will be..

Year model (or year before) Charger R/T (maybe SRT-8 depending on the deal I can get)
          A family sized bad ass car =)
          Designed one on Dodge.com
          It'll cost right under 40K if I get it customed made
          So sweet.
          Last edited by Nalej; 02-16-2011, 06:28 AM.
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• i'm really keen on getting a bike. hopefully in the summer but just before i get too old. i know you're in australia but how practical is a bike for you wog? i've heard that bikes can cost more than cars with various maintenance and the gear you need. and did you quickly grow outta the 250?
            Been on the 250 for 2 and a half years now, we have a law over here that you have to have your restricted(250cc) license for a year before you can get an unrestricted license and I've been so satisfied with the 250 that I basically haven't bothered sitting the other test.

Basically the 250 can do up to 110mph or so but you really don't want to be using it if you are going to be doing 75mph+ regularly as the fuel usage starts to get expensive.

Bikes over here are way more expensive(like everything) but the maintenance hasn't been much, I've spent 1k in 2 and a half years on maintenance, if you are going to thrash the hell out of it then you will spend more because you will need to replace the tyres more often but you should get a good 10,000km out of each set without any hassles.

Bike is really practical for city riding for the commute to work, especially a 250, I get about 200 miles on $15 worth of petrol(again fuel is another thing that costs more here...) so it is stupid economical, bigger bike is not as good for commutes but more efficient on highways.

I seriously recommend a bike as long as you aren't an idiot and especially if you have a mate or two that has one as it's a fun activity to do on weekends.

The cost isn't that bad, you can go overboard on gear but really a good set of gloves, helmet and jacket is all you need, like owning a car you can fit it out if you want but you don't have to. I know my car cost a hell of a lot more to run, insure and maintain, not to mention costing a lot more to buy initially.

I would also recommend starting out on nothing bigger than a 600cc if you go for a sports bike, I've found the 250 was exceptional to learn on as it is really forgiving for mistakes you make and you will make some when starting out, better to get a little scare than to be on your ass!

Something worth doing if you have money or if you have a city commute that you want to save petrol and time doing, also a really good way to wake up in the morning if you aren't a morning person, sometimes I'll ride just because I don't feel like waking up :)

Feel free to ask me any questions mate and I'll do my best to help you out :)

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• I drive a 2010 Rav4 V6 with the sport package. I ******* love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                i'm really keen on getting a bike. hopefully in the summer but just before i get too old. i know you're in australia but how practical is a bike for you wog? i've heard that bikes can cost more than cars with various maintenance and the gear you need. and did you quickly grow outta the 250?
                I skipped a 250, and started with a GSXR-600 (its actually a few pages back in this thread)

I live in a fairly populated area or I'd go bigger. I ride my friends 1000 and 1300 sport bikes and they are a ton of fun if you have the road to open them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                  I skipped a 250, and started with a GSXR-600 (its actually a few pages back in this thread)

I live in a fairly populated area or I'd go bigger. I ride my friends 1000 and 1300 sport bikes and they are a ton of fun if you have the road to open them up.
                  yeah my friends who ride all suggest just starting with a 600 cause they say you grow outta the 250 really quickly. but i'm a complete noob and don't have much to spend anyways so i'll probably end up with a 250. tbh, i don't know how realistic this is considering i don't even know how to ride a bike (yeah, pathetic. i know.) but i just really want a cbr.

Comment

• I might buy a bike, just for the badassness.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

• 2009 Grand Cherokee Laredo, I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                        yeah my friends who ride all suggest just starting with a 600 cause they say you grow outta the 250 really quickly. but i'm a complete noob and don't have much to spend anyways so i'll probably end up with a 250. tbh, i don't know how realistic this is considering i don't even know how to ride a bike (yeah, pathetic. i know.) but i just really want a cbr.
                        They're not hard to ride man. But if you don't know how to ride a bicycle, you're probably not cut out for a 2-wheeler. You know the 250 doesn't come with training wheels, haha.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                          1989 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer (105,000 miles :P and it doesn't look nearly as nice as this picture)

Once the Blazer dies I'll be getting one of these (maybe a C5 though)...

Got the 2006 C6, my advice is dont go with the C5 this one is much better. Love the Victory Red too i almost bought one out of a showroom in my area. Ended up with Machine Silver. By the way if you go used start with 2006 the first year didnt have the shift paddles.

Comment

• 2004 Honda Pilot...no actual pics of it on this computer.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              I drive a 2010 Rav4 V6 with the sport package. I ******* love it.

Chucky, that's a girl's car.
                              Last edited by slightlyaraiderfan; 02-16-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• My car looks like this (not me in the pics)

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information