What Car Do You Drive? (Post Pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
    They're not hard to ride man. But if you don't know how to ride a bicycle, you're probably not cut out for a 2-wheeler. You know the 250 doesn't come with training wheels, haha.
    hahah i know this. my plan of action is that i will learn how to ride a damn bike this summer at the age of twenty and go from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitchaldavis View Post
      1968, 396 stainless steel snow Camino

Engine - 355 Chevy Small Block
      Carburetor - 4 barrel Holly
      Transmission Edelbrock transmission, 4 speed manual, gear three seventy-three
      Back-end - just like 9 "
      pics or it isnt real. only 'cause I am jealous.

I think when my contract gets renewed, I will purchase a newer car (I refuse to buy new cars). I was looking at a VW Rabbit or GTI.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• hahah i know this. my plan of action is that i will learn how to ride a damn bike this summer at the age of twenty and go from there.
        Riding a motorbike is actually probably easier than a push bike because the bike creates the inertia and you are basically locked in on it. If you haven't ridden anything I'd definitely try and at least find a 250 to start out on and see how you go.

Basically on a 250 if you give it too much juice you just give yourself a scare, a 600 sports bike will be out from under you in no time. Certainly should start out in a nice big empty car park instead of on the road though!

Only real reason I started with the 250 was because of the law over here and because my commute that took 15 minutes on a bike took more like 30 in a car and an hour and a half on a bus and I really value my sleep so I wanted to be riding asap not wait a year to get the big boy license!

If you do go 250 I highly recommend the 250r Ninja 2008 onward model, it is an excellent learning bike that has done me no wrong and because they are pretty common parts are cheap if anything goes wrong. They have enough power to be a lot of fun and are really light which makes throwing them around on a track heaps of fun if you are so inclined but at the same time aren't so powerful as to present any difficulties riding them.

As posted, hoping to get one of the Orange and Silver CBR 1000s as the next set of wheels, mostly about getting the money because like everything in Australia it is stupid expensive over here. They are about $17k over here but still awesome!

Also... be careful buying second hand bikes, you want to make sure it hasn't been thrashed or dropped and especially check the tyres, if it has done roughly 7500 miles then it is probably due for a tyre change so see how the tyres look as it will cost a fair bit to replace them. Bikes are something I'd recommend spending the bit extra to get new just for the peace of mind.

I skipped a 250, and started with a GSXR-600 (its actually a few pages back in this thread)
        Got a mate with one of them, nice fun to ride.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          Got the 2006 C6, my advice is dont go with the C5 this one is much better. Love the Victory Red too i almost bought one out of a showroom in my area. Ended up with Machine Silver. By the way if you go used start with 2006 the first year didnt have the shift paddles.
          Did you get yours new?

Comment

• Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
            Did you get yours new?
            Bought it new in 06, around this time to be exact. Had it made from the factory, 1k over invoice, that way it was the color and options i wanted. It took about 8 or 9 weeks back then so not sure what the wait would be these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
              pics or it isnt real. only 'cause I am jealous.

I think when my contract gets renewed, I will purchase a newer car (I refuse to buy new cars). I was looking at a VW Rabbit or GTI.
              ohmygod yes. i freaking love the rabbit and gti. with those classic VW wheels. ahhhh it's my practical dream car.

Comment

• I drive a 1995 POS...the long term goal is to get one of those Scion tC's.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  I drive a 1995 POS...the long term goal is to get one of those Scion tC's.
                  No offense moth, but those are crap junk cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                    No offense moth, but those are crap junk cars.
                    I like them a lot. I dont even want a new one. I just want a damned upgrade. And they're not exactly junk....they're reliable toyota's. Not looking to break the bank. lol.

It's either that or Mazda 3 or 6.

Something that does look ****** and will last a long while.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by SubNoize View Post

Ford F150 SVT Raptor
                      I saw that at the auto show and it gets the worst miles per gallon I have ever seen. They had to hide the sticker behind the tinted windows so no one would see that it gets 10 miles to the gallon.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        I like them a lot. I dont even want a new one. I just want a damned upgrade. And they're not exactly junk....they're reliable toyota's. Not looking to break the bank. lol.

It's either that or Mazda 3 or 6.

Something that does look ****** and will last a long while.
                        Well i've heard differently on the scions motors they aren't like the old Toyota motors.I would go with a corolla if you want a good Toyota or heck find a nice Neon that is in the mid 2000's for cheap.I hear you on the long lasting part though.I'm trying to sell my 4runner so I can commute to work and still have a nice ride for good/descent gas mpg. I would go honda civic hb but all the ones here are crap looking.Would love a crx tho.

Comment

• still rockin my xB and love it. i highly recommend scion.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Don't Hate me, cuz You Ain't Me

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                              I saw that at the auto show and it gets the worst miles per gallon I have ever seen. They had to hide the sticker behind the tinted windows so no one would see that it gets 10 miles to the gallon.
                              haha, i get like 15-17 usually it's not that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                                Chucky, that's a girl's car.
                                meh, got it with the V6 which makes it less of one. Got the interior pretty "pimped" out with leather, navi, xm and such. I really like it....and its awesome so I don't really care.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information